Skip to main content

tv   Key Capitol Hill Hearings  CSPAN  January 25, 2016 10:00am-12:01pm EST

10:00 am
washington another program of "washington journal" comes your way tomorrow at 7:00. see you tomorrow. [captions copyright national cable satellite corp. 2016] [captioning performed by the national captioning institute, which is responsible for its caption content and accuracy. visit ncicap.org] ♪ >> because of the weekend governmenthe federal is closed in washington. area residents are digging out from the two feet of snow that fell on the nation costs capital. the president has no public events.
10:01 am
in the afternoon, he will travel to walter reed to visit with wounded servicemembers. that is closed to the press. also over the weekend, photos from instagram of a snowman in lafayette square across pennsylvania avenue from the white house. over the weekend, senator tom carper was in delaware, his home state. senator carper shoveling snow in front of his neighbors house. back here in washington, the u.s. house of representatives have a vote this week. onote was also scheduled legislation to impose new sanctions on iran. those votes have been canceled because of the snow. there will be two pro forma sessions, including one today which happens at 2:00 p.m. eastern.
10:02 am
during campaign 2016, c-span takes you on the road to the white house as we follow the candidates on c-span, c-span radio, and c-span.org. >> democratic presidential candidate martin o'malley is in iowa today. he will be campaigning at simpson college. you will be able to watch that live on c-span. are a weekucuses from today. at 8:00 p.m. eastern on february 1, we will take you to a .epublican caucus donald trump held a campaign yesterday in iowa to talk about
10:03 am
the economy, the national debt, the keystone xl pipeline, and some of his opponents. a protester wearing a turban was escorted out of the event by security, prompting mr. trump to ask the crowd, "wasn't he wearing one of those hats, was he? " ♪ mr. trump: what a day. i just got back from church. i learned something. we talked about humility in church today. i don't know if that was aimed at me. perhaps. [laughter] the church i don't think new i was coming. it may have been by luck. this is crunch time. we are just about a week, a little bit more. i just hope you get out there
10:04 am
and do your thing. if we do it, we will have an unbelievable victory. look at all of these beautiful hats. we will make america great again. look at that. we are going to do a great job. when i went on to this journey, june 16, down the escalator. i will tell you that takes guts. it took guts and certain courage. it is not something i have ever done. politicians run for office, they win and lose, they win and lose. they don't care. they are all talk, no action. i have never done it before. the reception has an incredible. the polls have an amazing. just like this room and every room is packed no matter where we go. much bigger than bernie sanders. we are second. we have the biggest crowd. [applause] the press never talks about my crowds. but when somebody else has a crowd -- last week, we had
10:05 am
12,000 people. bernie sanders had 3000. that is good. and he is second, way down the line, but second. 20,000 people and bernie sanders has 3000 and we have 12,000. they said bernie sanders had 3000 people. it was great. then they talk about trump, i had 12000 and we had to send 5000 home because we did not get them in. [applause] but they did not mention that. they don't mention it. the cameras are always on my face. they never want to show the crowd. the people get it. the people are really smart. someone asks me what you most learned. i learned a lot. hello, darling. look. i love these people. we have the most loyal people. we have the most loyal. that is the other thing i learned, the loyalty.
10:06 am
they do polls on the debate, we when all of the polls on the debate. another debate coming up on thursday and i think that will be fine. i do not know if it will be fair, but we will handle it one way or the other. it is what we have got to do. i learned the level of loyalty to our movement, it is really beyond me. this is a movement. it is not like a normal situation. the cover of time magazine this week, a really fair story, a professional, beautiful story about the fact that there has never been anything like this. there has never been. it has been an incredible journey. they will study it. i get calls all the time by reporters. how does it feel to do what you have done? i did not do anything. on february 1, we have got to go
10:07 am
out and you have got to do it. no matter how you feel, if you are feeling sick, having fights with your wife or your husband, no matter what is going on, if you lost your job 15 minutes before, if they said you are fired because the economy states, no matter what happens, you have got to get out because we are going to change things. we are going to change it. [applause] it has been very exciting. the chairman tells me so many calls have been made so many calls are coming in. they are going from democrat to republican and he said he has never seen anything like it and has been doing this for a long time. whether it is republican, democrat, liberal, conservative,
10:08 am
they are sick and tired of seeing our country ripped off by every single nation in the world. [applause] they are sick and tired of it and we are going to stop it. so yesterday, a couple of things happened. during the last week, we had a wonderful woman who the press does not treat fairly. sarah palin came out and endorsed us. if you knew her personally, you would understand even more. everybody likes sarah. she is an amazing woman. her husband is fantastic. we got a call, we would like to work with you and endorse you. how nice is that. he was at 2%. a canadian citizen. [laughter]
10:09 am
i don't know. it was sort of interesting. she was amazing. her level of success with endorsements is tremendous. the press does not give her her just due. she is a wonderful woman who loves this country. i was happy to have her endorsement. i want to thank you, sarah, who is probably watching. you have all those cameras on right now. we have a lot of cameras. [applause] we have a lot of cameras. a couple of things, individual candidates. we don't have to go through the whole thing. should i go through a couple of polls? yes? fox just came out, 12 or 14 points, trump is up, you heard about that, right? trump is up. [applause]
10:10 am
you are still lagging behind everybody, folks because the rest of the nation, we are through the roof. a poll yesterday, 48%. another one, 42%. 36 and 38%. we are doing great. we are doing unbelievably. numbers came up from fox and cbs this morning for new hampshire where we are through the roof. in south carolina, all of them, nevada, all of them. i am happy because i spent a lot of time and i love the people of iowa. i think we will win iowa. even my people, they say please do not say you will win because if you come in second -- i say that is ok, i'm going to win. we have not had a winner in 16 years here and it is time. it is time.
10:11 am
make america great again. you better believe it. thank you. [applause] you have not picked a winner in 16 years. if you choose me, we will finally have a winner. they want to move you to the back of the pack. you want -- you know that? a big push that i will, will not be where you are now. they want to move you and i give you this pledge. if i win, they are never moving you. you are staying there. you are staying there, 100%. you are staying where you are. honestly, regardless, a great tradition here. it is an amazing thing. an amazing place, a great place. i think we are going to win. i am not going to say i will be thrilled when i come in second. i don't think we will. i am looking at what is happening. there is a theory, that i will actually do better than all the polls.
10:12 am
the polls with trump, they were saying this morning, not even a fan, but he said, trump is going to win the whole thing. trump is going to be the nominee and he will probably do well against hillary because look what he did last week against hillary. i was the best thing that ever happened to bernie sanders. my attack on hillary, she went down and sanders got all the credit for it. [applause] this guy, bernie sanders, give me a break. but he got all the credit. it is unbelievable. i assume the press is listening today. she said false things about me so i hit her hard. on the fox poll and another poll that came out that i am beating hillary, and i will beat hillary, -- [applause] we have not even focus on hillary or bernie sanders yet.
10:13 am
he is, they say socialist, but some people would say he is a communist and i should not hit him too hard. if i hit him hard, he will go down and then we will fight with hillary. isn't he a wonderful guy? i do not want to hit him too hard. i never thought of it. when i hit hillary last week, and bill, all the sudden they did this and then they start saying bernie sanders is surging, an amazing happened. i'm saying i did that. now maybe -- i could hit him. i i have stuff in my mind. will i could hit him so hard, he would drop. [cheers] he is too easy. he is really too easy. look at these candidates we are against. we have jeb. [laughter]
10:14 am
we have jeb, exclamation point. he is spending millions of dollars with negative ads. here's a guy who spent close to $100 million. the polls coming out this morning, he went down. he is down at the bottom. it is time to give up. it is time to give up. in life, sometimes you have to admit when you don't have it. he does not have it. he does not have it. he takes vicious advertisements, "he is not a true conservative." what does this guy know about me? he says, "he will not win the race." if he is so good, how come i am beating him? unbelievable. he is at three and i am at 42.
10:15 am
here is a guy who spent almost $100 million. i spent almost nothing. i feel guilty. it is now up to almost 40 million. i had a budget to have spent $40 million. i'm spending my own money and not other people's. i am the only one. [applause] i am the only one doing that. everybody else, hillary, and every single candidate, every single candidate, is doing what they are doing. you have cruz getting oil money -- he is so against ethanol, you can forget it. all those wonderful farmers that produce what they have to produce, cruz is totally against -- then he changed. he is not so principled because he changed and then changed
10:16 am
again and got a little bit more. what is that about principled? getting killed, and that he changed, he changed twice very and he will change back so fast because who is giving him money? oil people are giving him money. nobody is giving me money. i turned down money. i feel so foolish. my whole life, i take and take. greedy. now i will be greedy for the united states and i will take for the united states. i am going to be so greedy -- [applause] we are not going to have any more of these deals with iran where we give them $150 billion, 100 and $50 billion. we should of never given it and we should have had our prisoners back ears ago before the negotiations started. you do not start the negotiation unless they give us act our prisoners. you do not started here you do not even think about it.
10:17 am
you i tell the story all the time because it is amazing. you go in and they have our prisoners, three and four, and it will set a wave of kidnapping like you have never seen before. people see that deal, and putting the deal together with the other, it will set a wave. you walk in and they will say let's start. we have to have the prisoners back. they will say no. we will say, can i have the prisoners back and they will say no. you walk out. you double up the sanctions. they will call you within 48 hours, there people outside still trying to get -- they will call you as sure as you are standing here, and they will say, you have got your prisoners. now you get your prisoners. you go in and say, there is another item. we cannot give you back $150 billion to what do you mean, what do you mean? they are a good negotiator. we have guys who are better.
10:18 am
we want to get the prisoners back. this is what we should have done. we did not make any deals. say now, $150 billion, we are blessed. we have got $19 trillion in debt. my father used to say, take the lump sum. we have got $150 billion. we do not have the money. we own $19 trillion now with the stupid budget deal. do you believe that deal? we are now at $21 trillion, $21 trillion. trillion. trillion dollars. so we say we cannot do it, we have $19 trillion, and they will be angry, and what you do is leave the room and that is the end of that and they call you back. what they made and that deal, 24-hour inspection, what they
10:19 am
did is so incredible. we could have had a great deal. i like the idea of deals. deals are good. one of the problems with ted cruz, everybody hates him. such a nasty guy. think of it. not one united states senator has endorsed him. and the senator was with me and introduced us, what a wonderful guy he is, senator grassley, a great guy. but think of it. there is something wrong when you deal of people on a daily basis and not one person endorses you. there is something missing there, something that. he hit me first during the debate. the matter what i did, i could have done any in, he was backing me up. i said this guy seems like a nice guy, more than anybody else . carson backed me up nicely and he was a good guy personally. honestly, i like a number of them running.
10:20 am
but with cruz, he was so positive. everything was great. i did the muslim, great. somebody has to do it. somebody has to say what is going on. we have radical islamic terror going on all over the world and we have a president who will not say it. he will not even talk about it. so i did that and he was fine with that a lot of people weren't and now they are. they say trump has a point. i think so, i have a point. when planes fly into the world trade center and the pentagon and wherever the third plane was going -- when people are shooting their friends. [chanting] mr. trump: goodbye. goodbye. goodbye. [yelling] [cheers]
10:21 am
[cheers] [chanting "usa"] mr. trump: he was not wearing one of those hats. was he? [laughter] trump: and he never will. and he never will but that is ok. we have got to do something because it is not working. i have friends who are muslims and they call me up. not all of them, but some of them. they say, "you are doing a good service."
10:22 am
we have to get to the bottom of what is going on. these two young people that got married, they got radicalized, and gave them parties, you kill them and then in paris, you lose 130 people who do not have guns. we will protect the second amendment if i am president. [applause] that i can tell you. the toughest gun laws in the world in paris, who knows. in france, the toughest gun laws in the world as a country, you cannot have a gun, and yet the bad guys can always have a gun. you with the white hat. if i pick out you, you right there with a sign, if i pick out you, if i pick out a few people out of the audience, they could pick out almost anybody. if you had a gun in the bullets were firing the other way in
10:23 am
paris or california or remember the five military officers that were killed in a gun free zone on a military base, that will end the first day. no more. no more. [cheers and applause] if there were some people in there with guns, you would not have had 130 people killed. and they would not have been looking with the guy with the dirty hat. they would not have been looking for him for long. the other thing, the press. they are a dishonest group of people. the guy with a dirty hat, they called him the mastermind. for two days, they are looking for him and calling him the mastermind. he sent people into a couple of places in paris and said shoot everybody that you can. what is going on. they said, "we think we have him under control, we think we found him," and they do not even know who the hell he is.
10:24 am
and i called him the guy with the dirty hat. probably a low iq. he is a freaking moron. the press is calling him the mastermind and then they wonder why the youth is being radicalized. they are using the internet better than we use it and our guys invented it. they are hearing, he is a mastermind, he is a mastermind. he is a dirty, rotten moron. and we killed him, fortunately. the cops in france did a great job and the cops in california did an amazing job. our police, i tell you what, the most mistreated people practically in this country. police and veterans. remember that. [cheers]
10:25 am
i looked at what they went through in california with all the shooting going on and all that stuff. the police are tremendous people. you have that one 100th of 1%, where a horrible thing happens, a guy chokes -- or it is a bad policeman, that can happen, too. a huge story all over the world. they play it up but they do not talk about all the good things. we wouldn't be here right now if it was not for the police. give them a hand. give them a hand. [applause] i have had so many endorsements from police all over the country. i just respect them a lot. they go through a lot. they are afraid every time they talk to somebody. if they are a little rough, they end up losing their pension and their job. it is terrible what is going on with our police.
10:26 am
i have had policemen, tough cookies, where they are literally afraid to be a little rough with people that are really bad people. because they are afraid they will end up getting brought before commissions and lose their jobs. we have got to cherish our police officers. it is very important. very important. [applause] bush spends $100 million. i say to myself, really reason i mention bush is because you get angry at it, but here is the story. if we could do what we have done, i spent practically nothing. the biggest expense is my airplane. i own it. i have to pay myself because i own my airplane. so i pay myself. so i have an expense. you find the market value of the plane, the whole thing is ridiculous. but i spent very little money. i am going to for two reasons. number one, i feel guilty. i feel guilty.
10:27 am
there is going to be up to about $40 million. number two, i do not want to take a chance. i do not want to be a wise guy, because i will win without spending. i'm going to spend whatever it takes. i do not want to be a wise guy. [applause] but one line i hate getting rid of, it is so cool to say you have spent the least. i have spent less than anybody, just about. and you are by far number one. it is so cool. it is so cool. and i do not really have to spend. a lot of people say why are you doing that, you do -- you don't have to. i get so much of the earned media. they have you on television. it is because i get good ratings. it is very simple. "face the nation" is a very good show, john dickerson. last night, i have got to be straight. do you think if i was wrong on this, you would think i would say it -- headline, trump said -- a release last week, a big show, cbs.
10:28 am
they put out a release last week. i did a show a couple of weeks ago from florida, where i am leading 48% to very low numbers. i love florida. we will win -- we will win florida. we will win a lot of states nobody ever thought about winning for. but face the nation put out a release last week that we had their interview with donald trump come a long interview from florida, that it was the highest-rated show they have had in 15 or 16 years since the fall the world trade center. highest rated show. that gives you power. it gives you power. that gives you power. you look at the debates. talks at 24 million, cnn said it was the largest show they have ever had. in the history of cnn. they cover wars and big events. the biggest ratings they ever had was the debate. i know they are not watching jeb, a low-energy person. [laughter] i know they are not watching ted. he's a wonderful guy. i don't want to insult the rest
10:29 am
of them. i get along with people. i want to be nice. i don't want him to call me and say why did you say that about me. so not going to say all the other people. but if you look at four years ago and eight years ago, it used to be like a throw away. nobody even wanted to broadcast it. they had to do it as part of their licensing. they did not even want to put them on. it is now like they cannot get enough. it is the debate coming up here the big debate, it is crazy. i won't take credit for it, but every magazine, they call it the trump debate. it is sort of crazy, right? it gives us some power because we are the silent majority that is turned to be the noisy majority. [applause] and it gives us power. the same thing with meet the press. chuck todd is a nice guy. they were down in the toilet with the ratings. then i finally agreed to do a show because he started to treat me with respect. he went through the roof. millions of people watching. they all said, what happened.
10:30 am
he will probably go in and get a raise now. and george stephanopoulos, we do is show and it steps through the roof. cnn, a good guy there. they get good ratings. gives us power. they do not care about the poll numbers. i care more about the poll numbers. when i see those ratings, it makes me feel good because that means people are listening to our point of view. i care more about the poll numbers. when i see those ratings, it makes me feel good because that means people are listening to our point of view. that is what it means. [applause] so what has happened is an advertisement was put out by ted cruz and it was so false about eminent domain. most people do not even know what that is. it is where government takes property for a full payment, they pay you, they do not just take it. they call it a taking but you got paid a fortune. frankly more than you never get because you are dealing with politicians and politicians, as we have learned, they pay too much.
10:31 am
if you are building a road, if you are building a highway, because let's say you have a community like this, and look at all the people, and you need roads and highways and schools and hospitals, and you may have somebody who has a little farm in the corner of the far makes it impossible to build, let's say a school or a hospital or let's say you cannot build a highway because the farmer says i do not want to sell under any circumstances here at a highway is coming, but you can't get the land. it is called eminent domain. they will take that sliver and they will pay you a fortune. they say it is fair market value but it is more than that if you are smart. they have this thing about donald trump and eminent domain and that i had something to do with, you know, there is an economic developer and project where i would have loved to use eminent domain. i ultimately did not use it but they said in the ad that i did and that i ripped down this house from an old woman. it never happened. if i did, it would have been thousands of jobs. but it never happened.
10:32 am
they have bulldozers ripping down. false stuff. let me tell you about eminent domain. all of these conservative people, the national review is a dying magazine. does anybody here read it? nobody. it is dying. the thing is that as a doornail. it is going to be closed. i bet it is close in a short time. what they did is they have a couple of guys at the lead and they got some publicity and it is probably the best thing that happened to me because my poll numbers went through the roof because nobody respect the people. these are the people that said very strongly that trump will never run. if he does run, it is not going to happen here he don't even talk about it. then they said he will never sign form a, where you basically sell your life away. it takes guts to run for president. then they say he will never put in his financials. he does not want to hurt his
10:33 am
image. it turned out, i am much richer than anybody ever knew. almost 100 pages almost 100 pages of financials.
10:34 am
they were great. turnberry in scotland weather play the british open. so many different things. it turned out to be great. tremendous cash flow. i wanted people to see it. these guys went down and said this was bad news. and i put them in right didn't as for extensions. they said he will ask for an extension because you're entitled to many extensions. many of the politicians who filed a one or two page report as for extensions. and people couldn't believe it. that's the kind of thinking our country needs to make us great again and strong again and all of these things. [applause] as an example with china we have political hacks that are negotiating. we have a trade deficit with china of -- it used to be. i heard this morning a more accurate number. $505 billion. and then obama says our partner china -- i love china. these people come to me and by my apartments. the biggest bank in the world is in china. they are a tenant and when my buildings in manhattan. i own a big building in san francisco along with a group that is a great group. we on the bank of america
10:35 am
building in san francisco. i am another one, 1290 avenue of the americas. wins. that's how i got them. iv china. -- i beat china. our country does not win any more. that's the kind of thinking we have. we have people that are real stiffs. we have people that should never be doing what they are doing. i look at the stuff and i see what is happening and i look at ted and i say wait a minute, i put in this report and all these people for the national review said i would not run or file. when i found my financials, it was by grand central terminal in front of the federal elections commission with reporters. what do they get instead? ted cruz with a couple of pages. he forgot to say that goldman sachs gave him money. he forgot to say that citibank gave him money. he is a man of the people. he is robin hood.
10:36 am
these this great man of the people even though nobody likes him or no senators endorsed him and he is a nasty guy. he's going to help people. he doesn't want to know you borrowed from goldman sachs. goldman sachs has him. citibank has him. he is going to come out with rulings against goldman sachs and yes a personal agreement, i don't think so. he said he did not know. he's got to banks. --two banks. how do not put that in your personal disclosure form? it is impossible. smart guy. you know you had banks and in the put them. he didn't want the people to know that goldman sachs owes money to him and he's that guarantees with goldman sachs. he's got very low interest rate loans. he's got low interest rate loans. they are like peanuts.
10:37 am
when goldman sachs goes to the senator in texas in the case of the people from texas and they say we have to have this that he's going to do it. on that taking anybody's money. [cheers] the other problem with ted is, as you know, laurence tribe, a great constitutional lawyer from harvard said this is an unsettled matter. this great constitutional lawyer. others have come up and said he can't run for president. maybe he can, maybe he can't. i don't know. he should go to court and seek a
10:38 am
declaratory judgment. people voting for ted cruz -- there is a real chance he is not allowed to run for president. he can run for prime minister of canada. [laughter] people laugh but it's true. he qualifies because he was born on canadian soil. then he said another beauty. he was a citizen of canada until 15 months ago. does anybody know this? he's a citizen of canada. he is a citizen of canada and somebody found out. reporters ultimately find out anything. much of it is false with this happens to be true. he's a citizen of canada and they sent -- and they said your citizen of canada. they said how could it be your citizen of canada? he said he did not know about it. and there are advantages to being citizens of different places. you understand that. he didn't know he had loans out the goldman sachs and he didn't know -- come on. are we babies? are we going to find a what happens. then he makes a false statement about me that i'm ripping down some woman's house that ultimately so forget about it. i saved a fortune. it was in atlantic city. i left atlantic city eight or
10:39 am
nine years ago. it totally collapsed. the smart people give me an a provision. i left. i would have built this tower. the woman did me a big favor by not wanting to sell. i never ripped down her house. she was perfectly fine. they show tracker stripping down her house. -- tractors ripping down her house. do you think he will apologize? he should give me an apology. they show a tractor ripping down something. not her house. but they show this a beautiful -- it could be a john deere but think of the caterpillar. [laughter] that was before.
10:40 am
japan is so devalued that the yen is hard for caterpillar and john deere. iv millions of dollars of it. -- i buy millions of dollars of it. millions. ted has a problem. i don't know what the problem is but i can say that the polls that came up this morning there has been tremendous turn. 12 points or 14 points of swing. we are way up and he went way down. ultimately you got to go caucus. if you don't go out, you are not enemies this country great again. if you don't go out and do it that you have these people at national review. it's gotten a lot of publicity. it's a failing magazine.
10:41 am
got no influence whatsoever. you have brent bozel. he's up in my office asking for money. something to do with advertising. i want money. i want money. i say what -- who is this guy? so i think about it given him a check for his general contribution. this was a long time ago. i gave him money. then he calls again and wants more money. i said you can be rich, but why do we have to give money to people? i'd rather give to charity. the next and i hear his name i'm writing a piece about donald trump. i guarantee you folks if i gave him more funny, you give it for the rest of your life, but he would've been fine and would not have written the piece. then you have glenn beck. always crying. because fox fired him. now we has a loser going on. in all fairness i don't blame him. he asked for an interview.
10:42 am
don't forget until i did this i was sort of not thinking about this. i did not give him an interview only because i was busy. i didn't give him an interview. i probably would've acted the same way. he calls my people and i go to first place. i have been in first place almost as the day i announced. [applause] and probably my people -- your people all of a sudden become geniuses. " we wouldn't have given him an interview." i should have given them an interview but i didn't do it. i did not give glenn beck an interview. he asked many times. he said his father is in the hospital. he was sick and not well. i don't know how that worked out. i said i will do your show. bottom line is probably called up and we did not do the show. he comes out against me. if i did interviews, he would
10:43 am
not have done it. that's the way life is. you don't learn this at the wharton school of finance with us the way life is. i don't blame him. if i call somebody and had a network, the family network -- a failing network especially and they would not do the interview -- and there was no other reason other than i had things to do. if i call somebody and they wouldn't do it, probably i would be swayed to knock the hell out of them. they came up with a stupid cover. they have 22 guys. i could go other examples. some of them are nice people and a lot of them are not even very vicious. but they did this and they try to sell some magazines. they might sell this one. the national review is finished. if the detonating. they came out and they tried to do something that was good. they got some publicity. i think it probably helps me. here is the story. we have a very major election coming up. i think it's kind of in the most important election we've had modern times.
10:44 am
our country is going to hell. we have people that are incompetent leading our country. we have people that are frankly -- trump likes to speak. i went to an ivy league college. i went to the wharton school of finance which is the best business school in the world. i'm like a smart person. iowa; -- i always say my uncle, slow horses don't produce fast horses. my uncle was a professor for years. a great engineer. dr. john trump at m.i.t.. the people in this room are smart. my people are the smartest people in my opinion. they get it. these of the smartest people. the most loyal and the smartest. the most loyal in the smartest.
10:45 am
[applause] you look at what goes on. we know and we see and they always like to say he is plainspoken. is that a positive or not? think of it. when you have a word to describe your leadership in this country, what's a better word than the word "stupid?" there is no better word. i can go through a thesaurus and come up with others, but there is no better word. pride? i used to say incompetent, but stupid is better. when you look at these deals that we make, when you look at what we do with china, with what we do with mexico -- mexico are friends of mine. i employ thousands of people. tens of thousands of hispanics. in nevada i am meeting. -- leading. i said i'm going to win with hispanics and african-americans. i'm getting great american -- numbers of african americans
10:46 am
because of going to give jobs to people. what has obama done for african-americans? they are relatively speaking the worst shape they have been in. you look at kids. 58% unemployment. you look at people that are 35-50, and their prime, unemployment is through the roof. obama has done nothing. with him it is all talk. all talk, no action. just a bad guy. i will tell you what. i thought obama would be a great cheerleader at minimum to this country. guess what? he has been a horrible cheerleader for our country. he has been a divider. our country is divided. it's divided very badly. [cheers] and we have to bring it back. if we don't bring it back, we will have a problem. people don't know this about me.
10:47 am
i am a cheerleader. i am somebody that does unify. a woman came up to me yesterday. i did two speeches yesterday packed houses in different parts of iowa. a beautiful, wonderful woman says, mr. trump, my friends are concerned if your president would you still speak so tough? i say no, it is different. there's a little truth of that. you want to ease up? i'm running originally against 17 people. four or five are down the tubes and now we have a big group double be down the tubes despite all the money. can you imagine all the money they spent and they are now down the tubes. i said to her -- she said the only thing they have against you is a major rhetoric is tough. happy skies -- half these guys lie. trump, trump, hit trump.
10:48 am
[cheers] i said i have to use in dealing with all these people and that i want to deal with hillary if i don't -- if she doesn't go to jail are bernie or bloomberg which would be great. i love the competition. i love bloomberg to come in. i'm dealing with all these people. i have to be a little bit tough and quick because i don't have enough time to be so nice. if i'm president, i would have a little bit of time. the demeanor would be a little bit different but don't worry it will be the same attitude. [cheers] he said please don't change. don't worry. i'll be a little softer. maybe the attitude will be tougher but the words of the softer. i tell people it's easy. i could be so politically correct. i got a palm beach. i own a great place in palm beach. we have the great society people in palm beach that always will be sitting next to them.
10:49 am
i sit next the ladies. "donald, it's a beautiful to have you with us." [applause] [laughter] in modern day society do not allowed to say that about a woman. i've never had anybody complain. they are very up in the air and very nice people and they raise a lot of money for charity. i'm so politically correct. they say we can't believe the sophisticated donald is. i can do it any different way. our country has the problem. i don't have time to be politically correct. does that make sense? [cheers] it takes a lot of time. [applause] it takes a lot of time. so when i began this journey coming down the escalator, it looked like the academy awards. look back there at all these guys. who has that? on a sunday morning. here we are in iowa. look.
10:50 am
unbelievable. i will tell you what will happen. this one section for structural reasons they cannot have people up there. watch. every single seat. people are outside standing. for structural reasons it's under repair. they will probably have one wiseguy show that one section. "not that many people turned out." [laughter] [applause] please, they are disgusting. that's why i like our protesters. they have to show up. i tell this story. whether many people there? yeah, it's all live on cnn and all of them. did you watch? she said donald, they never leave your face. they never leave you.
10:51 am
it's like a tight shot. they never leave your face. i said i don't like that. we were in lowell, massachusetts in a stadium. oral roberts university. the playset 12,000-13,000 people. we had to send away 5000 or 7000 people. they never once show the stadium. my wife said were there many people? didn't they show it? no. she said i could tell by the sound there had to be a lot because it sounds like a brrr. she said i could tell them are a lot of people but they never showed it. [chanting] trump, trump, trump, trump. [cheers] if you see the section under repair and you see these sleaze
10:52 am
bags showing it, remember what i said. they are the worst. they are so dishonest. i want to backtrack. i want to say this about conservatives. "donald trump is not a true conservative." best jeb bush. "donald trump is not a true conservative." this guy will get you nothing done. he spent $100 million. here is what happens. one of the things they say is eminent domain. all conservatives want the keystone pipeline. is that right? i want it. here is my deal. obama either approves or he doesn't. hillary says no good. you know why hillary is with obama on some of the things? why? she doesn't want to go to jail. the man in the front row gets it. you have not been at one of my deals, where you?
10:53 am
he gets it. he was a number six. she doesn't want to take him on. she is saying things and she will until the end. she is against the keystone pipeline. all the conservatives are for it. here is the difference. i am for it. with the help difference does it make? -- what the hell difference does it make? i love canada. you know who's going to approve that deal fast, ted cruz. he's in canada. [laughter]
10:54 am
i never thought of that. ted cruz will approve the keystone pipeline because it benefits canada. it's great. they can be the only guy running for president and then he will run for prime minister of canada. anyway, without eminent domain -- these guys all say "donald trump is against eminent domain." i want to have a highway built. you know what can't be built without eminent domain? the keystone pipeline. no pipeline can be built because it goes thousands of miles from canada down to texas. a goes through farmland and a goes through a person's house. without this -- when you look under the keystone pipeline, they have a whole section dedicated to eminent domain. what it means, how we will use it. now they're saying i'm not a conservative because of eminent domain. but you needed or you want have roads in the country.
10:55 am
i say the keystone pipeline cannot be done without eminent domain. probably connected 20 feet. -- probably could not go 20 feet. they take the property. they pay you a fortune. there are people to make a living off of buying imminent domain lands. they are supposed to pay fair market value but you're negotiating with the government so mr. stupid to get more money than it's worth. if you listen to them, they talked about it the other day, "donald trump lesion the taking of property." they forgot to say you get a fortune for it. these are dishonest people. eminent domain, keystone pipeline. here is the difference. the conservatives want it approved. we have the democrats that say no. a lot of the democrats think it should be approved, by the way. but you have a group this is no. we have a group that says yes. here is what i say. yes. but i'm not finished. for the country, i want to take for the united states -- why should we let them build this massive pipeline using eminent domain and go through all these farms and farmland in cities and wherever the help they are going -- hell they are going? i want 25% of the deal for the united states.
10:56 am
they will make a fortune. [applause] when they do this pipeline it will be a very profitable thing. it's really canada oil coming down. i like canada and i want them to be happy. i want the developers the pipeline to give united states a big, big chunk of the profits or even ownership rights. like i do in business. that's what i do. here is what is going to happen tomorrow. it's so simple but you'd never heard of it. now everyone says take the oil. i sent in iraq -- take the oil. now they are all saying it. with the keystone pipeline i want a big piece of the deal. otherwise i'm not going to approve it. they will give us a lot. i don't be too greedy, but if i am, i'm greedy for the country.
10:57 am
when they do the keystone pipeline i want it approved. i like a lot of oil flow. right now we are low but a member opec and i never want to be in that position again. doesn't that make sense? you will not hear that from anyone else. [applause] tomorrow you will have always bloodsuckers going i have an idea. i want a piece of the deal -- they would not know where to begin. carl icahn, many other businessmen want to endorse me. they say he's the one that gets it. we have corporate inversions going on for countries are leaving the united states. they used to leave iowa and go some other place. some went to mexico. newton, iowa. they would leave these places and go to florida. now they leave new jersey and
10:58 am
now they leave new jersey and go to ireland. pfizer is going to rhode island. thousands and thousands of jobs because they can bring their money back into the country and because the taxes are too high. my tax plan is an amazing plan. it's going to make us so dynamic. larry, a great guy, said it's a phenomenal plan. it's going to lower taxes for corporations. lower taxes for business. get rid of a lot of rules and regulations. as farmers, people that have farms are telling me stories that are a disaster. they can't even take care of their farms anymore because of the environmental impact stuff. we will bring it back and we would go back to saturday and do things that are incredible. we are going to do things that are incredible in this country. we are now the highest taxed nation in the world. we will make it so we are one of the lowest. we are going to become a dynamic force again. [cheers]
10:59 am
all of that money, at least $2.5 trillion offshore. the democrats wanted brought back in. they cannot get it back in. they spend it here but they can't because it so restrictive. they can't do it bureaucratically. all $2.5 trillion, the government has no idea. just like they have no idea how many illegals are in this country. they have no idea goes on the obamacare website that cost $5 billion. it still doesn't work. all that money does offshore, the democrats and republicans want it. this is been going on for three and half years and they can get together. they have no leader. every democrat once it, ever republican. we want money brought back into the country. the reason they can't get it done is no leadership.
11:00 am
it's one thing if they are opposed -- somebody wants obamacare and somebody doesn't. is a logjam. they want the money to come in for years and they can't get it done. and a guy like ted cruz could never get it done. it is never going to happen. need somebody who can wheel and deal and get things done. now is signedoes executive orders. he can't get it -- boom. executive order. he will be out in a golf course in three years and the courts will start getting these executive orders. they will say -- here is an executive order. in five years, don't worry, i'm playing golf. remember ronald reagan and tip o'neill when the country was
11:01 am
running good. they got along and you got congress. these doing an executive order on the second amendment. how terrible is that. we can't do that stuff. here is the story. i was talking about trade. i was talking about china, japan, millions of cars pouring in and we get emphatically nothing. i was talking about mexico. they beat us in tree and at the border. drugs are coming across. anchor babies, which i was right about. the fact is somebody has a baby that is in a legal is it me with to take care that baby for the next 90 years. i am right. [cheers] and we don't need a constitutional amendment. i was right. some of the greatest lawyers in the world to trump was right. all the things they talk about.
11:02 am
then you had harris in los angeles and -- paris and los angeles and other things happen. and then cnn does a poll. it was best of the economy? trump by a factor of many times. in the 60's and 70's. i will be the greatest jobs president god ever created. [cheers] mr. trump: the economy -- then because of what happened in paris and california they started talking about he was best on security for the country. trump. best of the military. trump. it was the best on isis. trump. by a lot. as in the narrative started changing. i was talking about all the different things. trust me. trade is going to be great. we will bring back jobs. we will make good deals, not bad deals. i will use the greatest business people in the world. i know the good ones, the bad ones, the ones that are overrated. the one you have never heard of that are better than all of
11:03 am
them. to them it is sport. they love the country, some of them. some don't care. these are tough people. some will move a country out of the united states if they can save a few dollars. we will have the best negotiators in the world negotiating against japan and mexico and china and vietnam and all of these countries that are absolutely killing us. what china has done to us is perhaps the greatest theft in the history of the world. we have rebuilt china. what they have done to us is taken so much money out of this country and we go them $1.7 trillion. can you believe it? they kill us and we of the money. japan, we go them $1.5 trillion. we will take care of that. we will knock the hell out of them. [cheers] mr. trump: remember, i am the most militaristic person. i am the most militaristic person.
11:04 am
we will build our military strong and powerful. i hope we never have to -- i don't want to use it. some people say trump is very tough and he might be very quick on the trigger. all these weak people want to use our military. i said don't go into iraq in 2003. he will destabilize the middle east. i am the same one in the group. -- sane one in the group. i want to make it bigger and better and stronger and technologically nobody can compete. [cheers] i don't want to have to use it. and going along with that, i have a lot of bad stuff. luke -- vet stuff. we will take care of our vets. we have illegal immigrants treated better than our vets. they will be treated right. they are our greatest people.
11:05 am
in closing, i just want to say it has been wonderful. you can read all the time magazine cover stories you want. in my opinion if we don't win, we wasted a lot of time. you have got to go caucus. otherwise we are going to have something that is amazing. here is what we're saying. if trump win iowa, they give you a lot of power, if trump wins iowa he will run the table. [cheers] mr. trump: if i don't win iowa, and anything is possible, i have to go to new hampshire where i have a massively. like a 20 point lead. incredible people in new hampshire. if i don't win, and i think we going to win anyway because answer is strong. south carolina is through the roof. we have a huge lead in nevada. george it is amazing. florida, 40%. -- 48%.
11:06 am
if i can win iowa, we will run the table. i want you to do what is right. but i honestly believe it is very important because you have not had a winner in so long. you will have a winner. i give you my word, you are going to have a winner. [cheers] >> trump, trump, trump. [crowd chanting] >> trump, trump, trump. trump: love you. i love you too. i do. we are going to make our country strong again. we are going to make our century smart again. people are going to respect us
11:07 am
again. thye don't respect us now. when you see ten young sailors sitting in a vote on the hands and knees with their hands up in the air and they are in a baking position and you have thoughts of guns so there had making them say whatever they want to say, and the only reason we got them back is that they happened to be smart. two days later they got $150 billion. if they didn't have that, those sailors would be there until about february 1 of that year. that i can tell you. but i thought that was a very humiliating -- was that humiliating? does everyone agree? if $150 billion was not coming to days later, those people would be over there for years to come if you had a normal president. here is the story. we are going to win again. who will make our country great again.
11:08 am
we will be very proud of these days but you have to go out and caucus. the more of the mandate weekend -- mandate we can win by -- and i don't want to come in second. if i come in second, every word i say is going to come back on that long. they can say whatever they want. i want to come in first. we need a mandate. we need to bring -- get our country back. when he to do things we have never done before. we can be stronger and better than ever before. february 1, go caucus. stay there, get that thing done and we are going to have a lot of fun for a lot of years. i love you all. i love you all. thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you very much. thank you folks. appreciate it. ? [cheers]
11:09 am
[captioning performed by the national captioning institute, which is responsible for its caption content and accuracy. visit ncicap.org] [captions copyright national cable satellite corp. 2016] ? [indistinct chatter]
11:10 am
11:11 am
? ♪
11:12 am
11:13 am
11:14 am
11:15 am
11:16 am
[indistinct chatter] >> trump, you are great american. you are great american, trump! ? [indistinct chatter] >> trump, you are a great man! trump, i drove six hours. i drove six hours, trump. [indistinct chatter] >> mr. trump? [indiscernible] >> mr. trump, what did you think of the protestor today?
11:17 am
>> i will be there. you're the guy. >> great man, trump. >> mr. trump, what did you think of the protestor today? >> great man, trump. [laughter] >> will you get a picture with in me? >> wait, i want a picture. [indistinct chatter]
11:18 am
? >> thank you. we got you in florida. and chicago. >> can you sign my phone? [opera music] >> can i take it? i like that one. >> thank you so much. good luck on february 1. [laughter] ? >> thanks a lot. >> you look good. >> another one? can i take it? >> thank you so much!@ >> february 1. [indistinct chatter] >> can you sign my hand?
11:19 am
>> thanks a lot. >> when are you coming to missouri? >> i was just there a couple weeks ago. >> stick around another hour! >> love you donald. >> what's your stand against [indiscernible\]
11:20 am
>> stick around another hour. >> love you donald! [indistinct chatter] ? [indistinct chatter] >> thank you for taking a stand against china.
11:21 am
11:22 am
a andhim and [indistinct chatter]
11:23 am
11:24 am
11:25 am
>> c-span takes you on the road to the white house as we follow the candidates on c-span, c-span radio, and c-span.org.
11:26 am
>> on capitol hill the congressional hundred office is scheduled to release its annual budget on the economic outlook. the reports for economic growth and the budget deficit over the next 10 years after reportedly being released at 2 p.m. eastern. a summary of the report last week shows that budget deficit increasing, with this year's deficit forecast before i've hundred 40 billion dollars, $100 million more than last year. senator claire mccaskill is back in missouri, where she tweeted these photos from jury duty. she says, on my bucket list to serve. martin o'malley is in iowa today campaigning at simpson college.
11:27 am
you will be able to see it live here on c-span. >> the countdown is on and as we approach the iowa caucuses, we are really the only place where you can watch these events unfold as they happen. aretownhall meeting, if we covering a policy speech, nobody else is going to give you that unfiltered look as they talk to voters and make their best sales pitch. iowae going to be crossing the next couple of days. and then keep an eye on what happens on caucus night itself. we will actually take to republican and democratic caucus. watch c-span.
11:28 am
>> congressman steve king and radio talkshow host glenn beck endorsed glenn that endorsed ted cruz for president. about 2.5 hours. [applause] what a great cause we have in front of us. we have 320 million americans coming out to000 caucus. loudlyices will be heard and more clearly than anybody in the united states of america on that point.
11:29 am
we get to make a first and powerful recommendation to the country, because we will see more of these candidates evaluated more and get to know them in front of the curtain and behind the curtain, get to know their families and who they are. i have had the privilege of getting to know -- in most ways i knew all 17 republicans that began in this race. i can tell you no party and our history has fielded so many high-quality candidates than we did this year as republicans. [applause] i honor them all and i respect them all and we should end all -- we should thank them all for presenting themselves. but, we have a binary decision coming to us. it comes down to this, and either or. two people sitting at the top of the polls and any vote that does not go to one of those folks will not score well across the rest of the country. i would ask you to think about
11:30 am
that. i would remind you that there were statements made last tuesday that were sharply critical of ted cruz. it is important that we support him on caucus night. if all other things are equal, every reason i can come up with is a good reason to support ted cruz. if you care about iowa being the first in the nation caucus years from now, if ted cruz goes out of iowa on the springboard of a resounding victory, that will put the rest of the criticism that will come if it doesn't. [applause] i first got to know who ted cruz was when i went to hear the argument on the 10 commandments before the united dates supreme court. it was he that put that argument together. i began to pay attention to who
11:31 am
he was. then, he was elected to the united states senate and early on in his senate time, i was fighting the gang of eight mst bill. if you remember, there was a entered her from lord of who was the lead voice in faith on this bill. there was a senator from texas who was doing battle with him, face to face on the judiciary committee, and then amendment after amendment. that was ted cruz putting up those amendments. [applause] and, chuck grassley voted with him every time. and, jeff sessions voted with him every time and steve king stands with them on every component of the immigration issue every time. and about that time, about that time, they passed the gang of eight ill and they were pushing
11:32 am
it over to the house. john boehner wanted to put that in fast-track and bring it down to the floor where every democrat would vote or it and the president would have signed it and we would have had an amnesty act for anyone that could jump across the american border in perpetuity, i did the one thing i could do. i rented a stage and a microphone outside of the capital and we had the longest press conference in the history of the united states, eight hours where we debated immigration on the stage. who came? many house members. we invited senators. but one king. who was that? ted cruz. that is right. the one senator who had the forethought and instinct to come
11:33 am
out there and jump on the stage and take the microphone and he spent 45 minutes delivering chapter and verse of what we need to restore our borders, and get america back on track. that was june 19, 2013. go to his website, ted cruz.org very there is an 11 page document. it is the same position he is taking now. he will tell you that jeff sessions and steve king contributed to that. it is his position. you can count on where he stands, in opposition to amnesty. you cannot count on that with the rest of the people at or near the top of the polls today. that was important to me to see that he was a man of his word and true to his convictions. next, repealing obamacare. it has got to go. [applause] i do not hear another candidate
11:34 am
out there making sure that you know that at every. repeal every word. i say that it is a malignant tumor that has been metastasizing. it has got to be ripped out by the roots. ted cruz will do that. [applause] and then come the supreme court which i have mentioned, how important is this? that we get this right? if we have a choice between donald trump who wants to appoint his pro-choice, partial-birth abortion sister to the supreme court -- or hand it over to ted cruz who has argued successfully before the supreme court and was raised with the bible and the cost of tuition at the kitchen table. spoon fed our constitution.
11:35 am
i want it to be ted cruz. [applause] the next president will make, most likely three or four appointments to the supreme court and ted will tell you we are only one justice away from losing the constitution to the activists appointed so far i barack obama. the soul of america is at stake. the constitution is at stake. we need a tax policy that abolishes the irs. [applause] and releases americans to do what we do, compete.
11:36 am
give us a chance to compete and go to work. jimmy carter said those who work should live better than those who do not. what we have now is the president who is worse than jimmy carter. i have nostalgia -- it hit me. i am lonely for george w. bush. i want him back. after i got back through george w. bush, i thought compared to barack obama, i am even lonely for clinton. i'm getting over that with hillary clinton out there all of the time. and then that makes me lonely for number 41. if you know that, you know i am desperate for ronald reagan. jimmy carter prepared america so that we were ready to embrace a principled full spectrum christian conservative like ronald reagan. he prepared us with the malaise that he showed on us. we know barack obama has prepared america or our next resident. and if barack obama is so much worse than jimmy carter and we got ronald reagan after jimmy
11:37 am
carter, think how great a president ted cruz will be. so, i will say this. i will ask you to do what i have been doing for a year. and that is this. i consistent prayer, especially when i start my day is that god will raise up a leader whom he will use to restore the soul of america. i believe that man is ted cruz. i am going to ask you each day to offer that prayer, that god raises up a leader to restore america. and that he will energize you and us that we follow his guidance and go to caucus a week from monday and bring our friends and neighbors and let them know that the man you will see at this podium in a little while is that man. please do as i ask and as i will do.
11:38 am
let us consistently stay on this every day, all the way through so that iowa can have allowed that we can send ted cruz to new hampshire and beyond. the springboard that iowa can be will send off the man that can be the one that restores the soul of america. god bless you all. [applause] >> thank you guys for giving us congressman king. let me introduce our next speaker. there are several words and
11:39 am
phrases that come to mind. one of them is a leader. he is a leader but not because he tries to be. like any good leader, it is because people want to follow him. a leader in the old-fashioned sense of the word that he actually leads because people want to follow him. he is also a visionary. he can look in the future and tell us what is coming but he also gives us solutions. a lot of that comes from studying history. patrick henry said -- i have no way of judging the future but by the past. this is a man who studies the past and because he does, he sees clearly where we are headed and what the solutions can be. he is also a lover of truth. he does not put up with lies or politicians or staff that lie to him. because he loves the truth, he speaks the truth. sometimes it is not easy. he loves the truth an up to tell the truth. he is also a friend. proverbs 18:24, if you are going to be a friend, you have to show yourself as friendly.
11:40 am
he is very genuine. he is a friend of god. he is a friend to people of faith. he is a friend to those who love the constitution. he is a friend to those who have a set core of fixed principles. he is a friend of america. he is glenn beck. please welcome, glenn beck. [applause] mr. beck: hello, iowa. [applause] i am so happy to be here. so happy to be here. my grandmother and my mother were born in attlington. just down the street. if it was not 400 degrees below
11:41 am
zero, i would have stopped by and looked for the house. no thanks. i am glad you guys are here. thank you for coming. this is a historic time in our country. this is going to be read about in history books. what you do nine days from today could mean the difference between our republic being saved and being lost. i will explain. let me ask you, why are you here tonight? ted cruz. i have had enough. save the country. we are here because we all have a simple belief that things can
11:42 am
actually be better than they are. they do not have to be this complex. we have all watched television -- it is really not this hard, guys. we are here because many of us have lost hope, hope that our children's lives will be better than all of our yesterdays combined. hope for a brighter tomorrow. america has lost belief in herself in many ways. there are many countries around the world wondering if we are done and many are praying that we are done. many of us in our worst times, might say -- maybe this is as good as it will get. maybe, this is it. i will take you to the bible scripture. where there is no vision, the people perish. and that is what has happened to us.
11:43 am
there is not any one articulating a vision anymore or anything that anyone recognizes. the people are perishing. we are losing hope. we are losing the understanding of who we are. where we have been. and what our future is. and this has happened over and over again. it has happened time and time again. the first time i can find that it happened was before the country was founded. we signed the declaration of independence, july 2, 17th every six and by christmas eve, we were done. we had 20,000 troops when we signed the declaration and we were down to under 2000. george washington has lost every single battle. his men were ready to desert. people said george washington was not the leader we thought he was. we are losing and they are going
11:44 am
to come and kill us. meanwhile, george washington was sitting on the banks of the delaware saying we have got to go in the other direction. we have not yet begun. we have to go in the other direction and no one believed in that. it happened again in the civil war. we lost every single battle for half of the war. the north lost time and time again. we had brother fighting against brother. and lincoln wept. in world war ii, we were outgunned, we were outmaneuvered, we were shocked and surprised. we did not have the planes or the boats and the japanese sunk what we did have. we were already tired and worn out from 12 years of the depression. and evil was beginning to crawl over the globe and cover it with darkness. i have thought of this after listening to my grandparents who lived through the depression here in iowa talk about the great depression and what that
11:45 am
was like and talk about what they saw happening overseas in germany and with mussolini in italy. i cannot imagine how they did not feel that this was it, this is the end of the world, this is the time that jesus has to return because look at the profound evil and how will we ever win. how will we ever defeat it. after that, we were beaten down by the violence in the craziness of the 1960's. and then the corruption of the 1970's with the burning helicopters on the stands of iran and the gas lines that were around the block and the interest rates that were 19%. time and time again, americans have thought we were done. we are not going to make it. there is no way out. but let me give you the good
11:46 am
news. this is when america is at its best. when everyone else has given up, and we are down on the mat, and the rest of the world is saying 7, 8, 9 -- that is when we get off the mat and we find ourselves again and we change the world. that is what we do best. [applause] we are the nation, we are the nation that gave the world the lightbulb, the radio, the automobile, the telephone, we landed on the moon before anyone else. we are still the only nation that went to the moon and to mars. we gave earth to the dreamers that gave us apple, ibm, google, and microsoft and a million other things that just 15 years
11:47 am
ago we would have said were miraculous. it came from here. across the nation and in this building, there are children, children who are having new ideas and saying -- i can find a better way. i can change the world. and because they were born here in america, they will do exactly that. [applause] where does that come from? where does that come from? that is unique. that is what makes us who we are. let me tell you, no president can give that to you. no president can give that to any country, otherwise, people would have been reprinting this in country after country. it does not come from a
11:48 am
president. on the flipside, no president, no matter how hard that last one tried, can take this away from people. [applause] it is bred into us. it is the fire in our bones. we have to remember that. it is what people yearn for across the shores, on the other side of the ocean. they dream of coming here because they feel it, they want it. it is what people who might be in a jail in iran or in a slave shop in china or are currently on the auction block with isis to be sold as a sex slave. these are things they can only dream of. this is a magical place. and we have been told that it is over.
11:49 am
i testify to you today, it is not over. in nine days, you choose a new beginning for america. [applause] right now, people in america feel hopeless. they feel lost. they are confused. and many of them are angry. many of us are angry. you never make a good decision when you are angry. never. it will not end well. if we play into the anger. we do is stand at a crossroads in our country, the crossroads of fundamental transformation. that is what barack obama said he was going to do. fundamentally transform the united states of america and he
11:50 am
has done it but it is not too late. i am telling you right now, i am here because i may not have the chance to vote. my vote may not matter. because of the way you vote. if you make a choice and it allows quite honestly donald trump to steamroll through, it will be over by the time it gets to texas and i believe my children's future will be lost. we have to understand the time that we live in. and then ask ourselves, how do we get ourselves back? how do we get on the right track and reconnect with those things that made us special? that made us a unique and special country?
11:51 am
i have never given my endorsement for anyone in 40 years. mainly because, for most of my career, it didn't matter and no one was asking -- [laughter] the other part of my career, when i sobered up, i did not have it because i did not trust any of them. i know several of them. i have zero friends in washington, d.c. and i wear that as a badge of honor. [applause] those men who have asked me for my endorsement quite frankly, i have not trusted even though i think they are good men. sometimes, i look at them and say -- you talk a good game but i do not want to be responsible for what you do when you get there and start to lose your soul.
11:52 am
my credibility is on the line with those guys. as a guy who lost his credibility through alcoholism, i do not lend my credibility out lightly. i want to talk about american principles. how do we get back to where we belong. all of the principles, all of the values that got us to be an exceptional nation boiled down to three. faith, hope, and charity. those are the three. faith, hope, and charity. let us go over these quickly. as you begin to examine who you might vote for. first, faith. faith is what brought us here. faith is what has made us into the country that we are.
11:53 am
everyone else is losing their faith around the world and look, they spiral into despotism. faith is essential. faith in god. but not a showman spake. not the kind of faith you might get from just reading second corinthians. [laughter] [applause] but actually letting those words change your heart, letting those scriptures permeate you. ruminating on them. arguing with the lord. living your faith and then letting that faith shape every step you take every day. if someone wants to understand why i make the decisions i do, all you need to know is my safe. i do things because i believe in
11:54 am
the god of abraham, isaac, and jacob, and that jesus christ is the savior of the world. [applause] and our god has power. there is power in our god. and our scriptures tell us, by their fruits, ye shall know them. let us ask what the fruits are. as you are looking at a candidate, does your candidate have a record of standing up for your right to worship god? does your candidate have the record of standing up in front of the supreme court and saying
11:55 am
-- the 10 commandments belong in the public square? and winning -- does your candidate have the record of going before the supreme court in the heller case and saying the american people have the second amendment, they have the right that shall not be infringed. they have a right to protect themselves in any way they deem. does your candidate, does your candidate go against his own party, go against his own president in george w. bush, to make sure that a horrific illegal alien that brutally gang raped and murdered women in houston was not shipped off to
11:56 am
the international court but was left in texas to stand trial and receive the death penalty which he got and deserved. [applause] that is a record of service and standing up for what we believe in. that is deeds, not words. has your candidate served his entire life to make sure that people understand and hold on to the god endowed rights that our framers enshrined? the george washington that we have all been praying for is not going to be found in the garrish light of gold. the george washington we are looking for will be found in the quiet yet service from a man who stands tirelessly for what he deeply believes.
11:57 am
the constitution of the united states of america. [applause] there is one candidate that finds his treasure their and in his god and in the service of them both. where does your candidate find his treasure? faith also has another aspect we should look at. i want to be very careful -- mr. trump, i was told when i got on stage that he has been saying how worthless and washed up i am all day today but i was glad to hear, this makes me happy, i was told before i went on date that he has taken out with his own money, facebook ads to smear me today. he is spending money on me and that makes me very happy.
11:58 am
[applause] anyway -- i want to be sure that we are very clear, that i am exact in my language. quite honestly, i thought i heard him say this -- and i went and i looked it up and i watched the video. i want to make sure i heard it right. mr. trump says -- i will make america great again. it is not " we", it is i. no man can make that true. no one person makes america great. it is each of us as individuals living our own lives, worshiping our own., that makes america great. [applause] the president's job is to make sure it that the government gets
11:59 am
out of the way of the people that make the country great. that is ego on display of biblical proportions. that is faith in yourself. that is faith in the human ego. that is faith in arrogance. we are ready have that. we got that in spades. we have had that for the last eight years. we have had a president saying almost exactly the same ring.
12:00 pm
let me translate i will make america rate again. let me translate that -- you did not build that. it is the same ring. you did not build that. it is the tell of a progressive politician. most people did not know what a progressive was eight years ago. we have learned together every single day, if you watch me or listen, we learned what progressives are and they were started by a republican. that is why i have never been invited back to cpac. the first time i spoke there was the last time. i brought my chalkboard and said the disease started in this house. [applause] the president does not create bs

32 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on