Skip to main content
Internet Archive's 25th Anniversary Logo

tv   The Five  FOX News  January 28, 2014 1:00am-2:01am PST

1:00 am
hello, everyone. i'll greg gutfield along can kimberly guilfoyle, bob beckel, and dana perino. this is "the five." our sorry state of the union calls for a state of eneebriation. here's a drinking game for the president's address tomorrow. every time he says folks, drink. every time he says fair share, drink. every time he says extraordinary, drink. every time he brags about working tirelessly, drink. when he frets about lack of compromise, drink. when he says bring me a bill and i'll sign it, drink. when he brings up the middle class, the people he's ruining,
1:01 am
drink. every time he says it's the right thing to do, drink. every time he cites someone who his policies have helped, drink. if she's in the audience, drink some more. every time he says i never said it would be easy, drik. if he says that after mentioning obamacare, drink again. if he says obamacare's rough start was worth it, drink. and every time he reminds us running is a country is really hard, say, yeah, we can tell, and drink. each time he mentioned an economic recovery, drink. and when he says it won't happen overnight, drink one more. and when he says make no mistake, let me be clear, and those who disagree, drink, drink, drink. every time he says we can do better when he fails at everything, drink. and which reminds me, what's with all the wes? it's you up there. and if you feel like you're
1:02 am
being screwed, drink. and if you still believe anything from him, you deserve the world's worst hangover, and enjoy it, because you built it. the whole point is to be drunk and happy, as opposed to sober and miserable. >> and listening. >> what do you expect tomorrow? >> i think it would be easier and less exhausting if you set up an i.v. based on what you said, people would be drinking the whole time. i don't think there's going to be much surprises. if there are, i will be happy to talk about them, but i think we'll hear more of his economic failed policies and how we need to redistribute wealth and help everybody else, which is not going to be good for the economy. let's see. we've already had an indication of what direction he's going in. and this is his last term, so he can do whatever he wants. >> bob, the goal here is to pivot away from things he doesn't want to talk about to things he wants to talk about, right? >> you know, it's interesting.
1:03 am
income inequality. i read the -- dana gave me the battleground poll, which is one of the key states that matter in presidential elections. income inequality was number one. that's good news. the bad news is the solution was lowering taxes, lowering regulations about sgift50%, and say tax wealthier people. among those people who said you ought to do away with taxes and regulations is a lot of his base and young people particularly, so it's sort of a two-edged sword, but every time i have seen obama in a corner, like bill clinton, he seems to rise above it and he will give a great speech and there will be a lot of applause, and his numbers will go up. they already went up a couple points, i don't know on the basis of what. >> on a statement. >> but i think that he has a tendency to do well in state of the unions and people walk away
1:04 am
and -- that's why people still like him. >> because he's likable. >> his job ratings are -- >> and he's really good at reading the teleprompter. >> it's not just that. >> that's why he's so likable, when it's a prepared speech. the big sound bite everyone is talking about is president obama has now said over the past couple days, i have a pen and i have a phone. meaning i'm going to use the executive pen, the executive order to get what he wants done in the last three years of his presidency. the problem is we have a constitution. nice try. you'll be able to do some things. if congress stays smart and has some teeth, they'll make sure he doesn't do everything he wants to do. we'll hear about income inequality, what we need about education, all that stuff, but what we won't hear, and let me be clear the republican national committee put out a list of things. you won't hear about the trillions in dent, the trillions of dollars that students are holding in student debt.
1:05 am
the 47.6 million americans on food stamps and poverty and things like this one, the decline in the median household income since president obama became president, down almost $4,000. so if things are so great, state of the union, if things are so great, why aren't all these things happening that aren't so great? >> exactly. dana, at this point, though, aren't these speeches kind of by the numbers gruel? it's rhetorical ambien. we know what we're going to get. are people really listening? >> state of the union actually takes about five months to put together. in the summertime, you get requests from the cabinets saying what they want for their priorities and the budget process has to track the state of the union process. i think it is significant that president obama has been talking about income inequality so much, but recently, they telegraphed they're changing income inequality for the word opportunity. opportunity is a word that republicans have been using, so as the owner of the bully pulpit temporarily, he'll be able to try to turn that around and say
1:06 am
what he wants to create for people is the opportunity to move up and down the ladder. the phone and the penpiece, i thought keith hennessy at stanford had a good point toot. it's more like an erasable pencil because with the u.s. district court that continues to thwart president obama on some of the major things like the national label of relations board and most recently the supreme court over the weekend on the little sisters of the poor, the president's staying power for what he says he wants to do, all of those things could get overturned as well. they telegraphed so much that they don't need congress, i think he could have done the thing that is only required by the constitution, which is periodically report to the congress, sent them a memo. he doesn't need the congress, what's the point of going up there? just to give a political speech? >> why is he doing it? >> it's tradition. i think it's become rote. >> it's not inconsequential.
1:07 am
he signed an executive order to allow 800,000 undocumented workers to stay here, number one, and congress did not challenge that. what is going to happen, i think, the storyline after tomorrow night, is courts will be very busy looking at what it is he can in fact do by executive order, and there's going to be a lot of it, and he's going to start it right away. >> he already said he was going to do this executive order thing last year. >> i understand the justice department and the white house counsel have come up with a list of things they think on the margins he can get away with. if i were him, i would do it to the edge. >> how bold and how accomplished. what skill does it take to not work and persuade? >> also, what arrogance. what arrogance? that's the whole thing. >> what is arrogant about not listening to a butch of -- >> how about being bipartisan. >> the tea party who refuses to do anything. >> what do you mean, uneducated? >> very offensive. >> the tea party, the reason
1:08 am
they rose to power is because they read about the issues and they got angry, right? as opposed to the obama voter who doesn't read about what's going on but they just like the guy. >> even paul ryan is getting tired of them. why can't they come up with ideas that maybe, just maybe, will move the ball forward. they don't do that. >> that's not true. >> what is it? >> it's not true. >> name me a tea party initiative. >> i'm not worried about the tea party, per se, but the republicans and opposition. you will see cathy mcmorris rogers is going to give the response to president obama. she's a measured, reasonable person with actual experience, mother of three, who is going to be able to say, we're willing to meet you halfway, mr. president, but here's the things that america wants. this is what we think would be good for america. on the tax code, corporate tax code, the democrats come in at 25 persz. republicans come in at 28%. you're telling me president obama is so inept at dealing
1:09 am
with congress, he couldn't get a deal done between 28 persz and 25%? >> i want to get to this. this is ted cruz, as you know, asked -- >> do we need to show him again? >> yes, because it upsets you. you'll have time to respond, and we'll talk about jay carney saying no matter how badly obamacare has fared, it's worth it. >> will it be worth it if you lose the senate? you already lost the house? will it be worth it? >> expanding access to quality health insurance to millions of americans, reducing the growth in health cakacare costs -- >> would it be worth it if he loses the senate? >> it's absolutely worth it no matter what happens. >> for the state of the union, one of the things president obama ought to do is look in the tv camera and say to the over 5 million americans all across this country who have had their health insurance canceled because of obamacare, look in the camera and say i'm sorry.
1:10 am
>> okay, kimberly. i won't ask that question. if you find it a little -- it's more of a stunt to ask the president to apologize because you know he's not going to apologize. >> it's a call for action. saying listen, we think you ought to make an apology. personally, i think he ought to address obamacare and the failure it has been thus far because he made pretty specific astounding promises to the american people that were flat out, one might call them lies, disengen wn, not well thought out. so far, he doesn't. he doesn't like to say he's sorry. >> he has no apologies to make for initially the idea of insuring the uninsures and to do things like pre-existing conditions. here's the thing you have to accept. i don't care if you elect a republican senate, a republican house, and a republican president in 2016, you will never do away with obamacare because 15 million people are
1:11 am
benefitting right now and there will be millions more, and then we'll have a constituency. >> if you have a republican senate and a republican in the white house, you can do away with it. >> what are you going to do with it? >> he's saying it would be unpopular because people are relying on it. fwl something you said earlier, he used the executive pen to allow 800,000 immigrants to have amnesty. >> it wasn't amnesty. >> of course, it is. >> it's for college students who -- >> earned their right to stay, yeah. however, do you think he's going to talk about it, saying i used the executive pen to let 800,000 people here illegally stay. of course, he's not going to. they're telling us to go, but income inequality, you want the gap to shrink. if you keep letting 12,000 illegal immigrants here, what do you think is going to happen? >> they're going to earn a lot of money and help the economy.
1:12 am
you're talking about the upper end hispanic community, people in the military who graduate from ivy league schools. >> we're not. if it were, it would be bringing the numbers down. what they're doing is putting a drag on it because they're working below minimum wage. >> last word to dana. one thing we did notice is jay shaved her beard. there's progress. >> a new year. a new day, maybe. for jay. >> i tell you what he will not say. he's not going to say i will raise taxes on the rimpf. the ladder up for the middle class. i don't think he's going to fall back on the rhetoric, and i think there's going to be a resonance with the american people. >> lt, we have stroogo. >> next, our favorite and least favorite moments from the grammys. >> plus, jay leno and jimmy fallon sit down for their first interview on the transition. >> and what happened after titanic hearth tralub leo cecap
1:13 am
rio made a surprise appearance on snn?
1:14 am
1:15 am
1:16 am
1:17 am
are we on? >> this is the real deal. >> super bowl is just six days away. players from both teams arrived in new york yesterday. "the five" will be counting down the big game on friday from super bowl boulevard. where it will be 10 degrees in times square. in the "new york times," a writer asked if it's immoral, immoral for us to be watching on sunday. steve alman, who must be psychotic, says sending men into the nfl is like sending soldiers off to war in afghanistan. really? he writes that the toll of violence in football is real and, quote, we not only tolerate this brutality, we sponsor it. and just by watching it at home, essentially, we support it. steve, i am second to none in my concerns about what the violence that's happening in the nfl and in college and in high school, but this is the uniquely american sport next to baseball. and the idea that somehow you
1:18 am
make people feel that it's immoral to go and watch people, the number of people who will be hurt badly in the super bowl this sunday or two sundays will be, my guess, is one, maybe two. we have had one very serious accident, darryl stingley, who was -- became a paraplegic, and john elway, who can't play because of concussions. but you know, you have got to be a little careful -- look, in this day and age, people are not very happy with their lives. the one thing they got to look forward to is football. do not, do not think about taking that away. and by god, please don't take this elitist view that it's immoral. you're immoral. >> okay, bob. john elway is retired. that's why he can't play, not because of concussions. >> retired because of concussions. >> so are a large number of players. >> i think it's a dangerous support. >> i played for years and i turned out just fine. >> because you're quick. >> that was foosball. >> let me ask you this.
1:19 am
eric, what about the "chicago sun times" -- this caguy callin the immoral? >> it's a sport where they're trying to get a couple teams in the europe -- i think london is looking for a team. it's a fantastic sport. is there dangerous? of course, there's danger. they're well aware of the dangers of playing football when they're signing their $10 million and $15 million per year checks. is it immoral? i'm surprised steve is taking this approach? is it immoral? is abortion immoral? is paying for obamacare when you're a catholic immoral? i don't see you writing about those. it's america's football game. enjoy it, live with it. i'm all for it. let's go, let's play ball. >> greg, what do you think? >> the irony is there's nothing perhaps more immoral than the "new york times" editorial
1:20 am
board. they never met a communist they didn't like. remember walter duranty who was an apologist soviet when people were starving to death, and saying you shouldn't support the troops because there's a risk in that or the building of bridges and the new world trade center because people die when that happens as well. he's just a big baby. >> well, kimberly, what's your view? >> i play through the pain every day on this show. i relate to these men. >> let's not diminish -- >> i'm not diminishing it. this is an american pastime. it's tied in for so many years with our tradition. everyone loves football. they're grown men. everyone signs up to go overseas, you may a conscious decision to part in something. this is what they want to do. it's unfortunate they got injured, i wish they do not. better helmets, better equipment, protection, throw
1:21 am
some more flags on bad plays and knocking down the quarterback. they shouldn't do. i agree with you, but it's bad, but at the same time, we love to watch it. >> nothing wrong with knocking down quarterbacks. but i want to say one thing here, greg, it's fairly unfair to say that -- >> what? >> they want to expose the ellsworth case, they stood up when other people would not do it. the "new york times" has taken some fairly bold and dramatic steps. i grant you that they sometimes line up with people that you find unacceptable, but then again, you find most people unacceptable. >> that is true. >> i would be a little cautious about that. i'm not going to let dana go because i know that dana is the one who is the expert on football. the expert at pain in the nfl. >> believe me, i had experienced enough pain every day reading the "new york times" editorial page. >> well, don't read it.
1:22 am
>> i don't read it anymore, i just read the commentary about it. >> if you had a cousin who wanted to play football in high school, would you let him play? >> the relevant comparison for me is bull riding. should cowboys not be allowed to bull ride because people get hurt? is it immoral to ride bulls at a rodeo? no. >> crazy. >> crazy, fun to watch, too. >> okay. "one more thing" -- i'm sorry. i'm always at the end of the show. "the five" grammy recap is next. who cares?
1:23 am
1:24 am
1:25 am
1:26 am
welcome back, everybody. are you ready for the fastest seven minutes on air?
1:27 am
three seductive stories, seven minutes, one snappy host. last night, tbs hosted the 56th annual grammy awards. it was all the rage on twitter and facebook. dominating the what's trending list on both. here's a quick highlight of the festivities. ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ okay, so k.g., i am a music
1:28 am
lover. i'm going to man up and admit i watched the whole show. no pro bowl and no "godfather 2" but your thoughts on last night? >> i thought it was little entertaining. other years i have been snooze alert, but i thought it was good. i like bob's question like what did yoko ono sing? he's cute. >> i had no idea. no idea. >> you like the willie nelson and kris kristofferson. >> they're great singers, but daft punk? are you kidding me? that's what we used to call a guy, a methamphetamine freak. >> they stay up all night to get lucky, like you. >> they what? >> i heard you watched some of it? >> i got home in the middle of it and i caught a little bit of the jay-z acceptance speech and then i saw pink perform. i really love that song. i didn't love the performance, but what does it matter? >> dana, you're very athletic with your core fusion and all
1:29 am
that stuff. you should admire her. >> i go fully clothed into those things. i really like taylor swift. i think she's an amazing performer. i prefer the country music awards. she had the best dress of the night. >> unfortunately, she was always dre dancing in the front row, which you never do. it was a bit anowing to me. i had problemed with it. always, these rock stars, the male rock stars are aging like women. paul mccartney looks like angela lands bury, steven tyler looks like joan collins living on the upper west side with a little dog with all these scarves. and i don't know. also, come out with a really cool, edgy cause. other causes are the same. come out for fracking and see what will happen. >> we have to move on. next up, jay leno's beloved star
1:30 am
of the tonight show will soon be passing the torch to jimmy fallon on january 17th. jimmy fallon will take over the big show. the two sat down with matt lauer for a heart to heart on the transition. >> obviously, i look up to jay so we talk every couple weeks or something like that, and i just love his attention to detail and how he roots for me. all throughout late night. whatever, he'll give his advice or say, i saw that one piece. that was great. >> i think he's probably the closest to johnny of anybody else in late night. >> dear jimmy, i would say don't do any joke you don't really believe in. i would say never put your personal opinion ahead of the joke. johnny never did that. >> dear jay, i would say dear jay, i hope i make you proud. >> can i start with greg? steve allan, jack par, johnny carson, conan, jimmy, your thoughts? >> this is all about conan
1:31 am
o'brien. this is jay embracing jimmy to get back at conan. it's public displays of affection with your new girlfriend to get over your cheating ex, and we're falling for it. a mutual admiration society based on anger over what happen today jay years ago. >> jay was very -- i don't know, he opened up his heart and said it like it was. it must have been tough to do that. >> he's gracious. i understand why nbc is going through this effort to do these nfrt views, instead of doing couples counseling, you write a letter to me and i write a letter to you, it would be awesome if fallon did a one-hour tribute to jay leno. that would get more press than anything else, and it would show both of them in really good light. we don't need to watch them on the couch with like dark lighting and a spotlight. like how do you feel? >> they looked really good. >> let me say this, does anybody
1:32 am
know -- you're not old enough to remember johnny carson. could you imagine him sitting down with jay leno? he was one of a kind and arrogant as hell. he wasn't about to pave the way for somebody else. i give jay a lot of credit for that. >> 30 years with johnny, 20 years with jay. any thoughts? >> i love jay leno. i think he's getting more handsome as he gets older, and i love jimmy kimmel. those are my two favorites. >> finally, oscar nominee jonah hill hosted saturday night live this past weekend. about midway through a fairly dull monologue, a surprise visitor showed up, leonardo dicaprio joined him on stage. let's say things got a little weird. >> i say, should we get dicaprio on board? marty said, i don't knehe can handle it sure, he's a movie star, he puts teenage girls in the seats, but we need a real actor, like you. >> what the hell are you doing, man? >> remember when we were on set
1:33 am
and i would get really nervous? >> yeah, yeah, i remember. >> can we do the thing we always did every day, the thing that made me feel safe? >> i love the "tay tannic." >> don't listen to what bob just said. >> don't listen to what bob said? that happens on the show all the time. listen to what bob said. once in a while, he has a gem. >> it's only monday. >> that's what i'm saying. >> you have a cap and trade on the amount of apologies you can do in any one week. don't do it on monday. >> you're complimenting dicaprio about being open in his sexuality, which i think is admirable. >> thank you. >> i really love "titanic." >> very good.
1:34 am
back to "titanic." >> it was great. i love the thing. a lot of people are going to win awards on that, and i love the "titanic" the nude painting he did. >> what? >> coming up, some incredible news the mainstream media doesn't want you to know about it, but we'll make sure you know about it next. here's a hint, governor scott walker, he's the man.
1:35 am
1:36 am
1:37 am
1:38 am
all right, there's something happening in wisconsin that the mainstream media isn't reporting on, an economic turnaround. here's republican governor scott walker. >> the state will have $911 million more than previously projected. what do you do with a surplus?
1:39 am
you give it back to the people who earned it. it's your money. i propose that we deposit a portion of these new revenued into the state's rainy day fund and use the remainder to provide much needed tax relief to you, the hard-working taxpayers of wisconsin. >> according to a new poll, a majority of registered voters in wisconsin, 54%, think their state is headed in the right direction. so how did the governor turn things around so quickly? >> we put in place common sense reforms, allowed the economy to get better. about $1.5 billion in tax relief for the past three years and reigning in frivolous and out of control lawsuits and excessive regulations and other things that stood in the way of employers creating new jobs and the other big thing is personal income is up. that along with good, prude fiscal management has allowed us to create this sizable surplus we're going to give back to the people. >> i'm going to start with bob because even though you're here, this morning, you were in
1:40 am
florida with a bunch of people with wisconsin. tell me what they told you? >> first, have you ever talked to a bunch of people from wisconsin? it's like talking to a bunch of norwegians. they're not too emotive, but they were about him. >> they're so nice. >> they like what he did if he did it. i remember hearing about the $10 trillion surplus bill clinton left behind. i'll see believe it when i see it. >> i'm going to pocket that admission and use it at a later day. >> you guys are so enamored with this guy. >> do you like him, eric? >> two years ago, he took on the unions. >> he didn't take down the unions. >> he said took on. >> absolutely, he took on the unions. >> didn't take them down. >> he didn't say down. >> yes, he did. >> he renegotiated union deals. everyone pushed back. 100,000 protesters came to wisconsin, tried to recall scott walker twice. he forged through. he fixed wisconsin. the union situation.
1:41 am
he lowered taxes. he's basically done every tea party and conservative talking point in business in the economy, and look what's happened. he took a $3 billion deficit and turned it into a billion dollar surplus. tomorrow night shouldn't be about the state of the union. it should be about the state of wisconsin. >> you believe that guy did that in nine months? you believe it? >> it's over two years now. >> let me get greg in here because you have been calling on the republican party to find somebody who has experience and that, as you say, is not nuts. >> yeah. >> that could run. do you think scott walker could be it? >> i think he's probably one of the strongest contenders. scott walker makes president obama look like a community organizer. oh, wait, he is. >> that's two solyndras. if he had sunk all that money into solar powered wind mills, the media would see that as good and giving. instead, he's the true
1:42 am
definition of giving back. he's spreading the wealth back to the people who made the wealth. >> it attracted companies to wisconsin by lowering regulations including environmentalregulation >> big deal. that's right, and the water and the air get worse. >> can you demonstrate that? is that demonstrable. >> let's take a look at wisconsin. >> i will challenge you on that one and we'll get some facts. kimberly, california and other states are seeing some better tax revenues coming in. but governor jerry brown has a different approach. he is saying and urging the legislature in california to he either future debts or invest in education. which one do you think would be a better approach? >> i prefer walker's approach. i think it's something the rest of the country can relate to. he's probably one of the guy who could pull votes in the south as well because of the way he took on unions. i think he has a really refreshing approach to the economy, to taxes. i mean, i like jerry personally, but you know, i don't like -- >> jerry.
1:43 am
>> you're on a first-name basis. >> you're telling me jerry brown wants to return taxes to people and help education and that's a bad idea? >> i didn't say it was a bad idea. i was making it more of a cat gorical term. >> do you speak spanish? >> did you like it? >> did you understand it? >> i want to see a billion dollars go back to taxpayers. when i see that, i'll buy it? i think it's bull and mirrors. >> he's lowering property taxes, showing what he's doing. >> he can invite that company that polluted the water and move them into wisconsin. >> 2016 contender. >> you mean because of the democrat governor of west virginia? i can play those games, too. gr they should be sent to jail. >> does the governor have responsibility in west virginia. >> not for that. >> when we come back, the so-called toughest sheriff in america puts inmates in arizona in a week long diet. a bread and water diet for
1:44 am
allegedly doing something unpatriotic. bob apologizes. does the punishment fit the crime, next.
1:45 am
1:46 am
1:47 am
1:48 am
maricopa county sheriff joe arpaio is at it again, and this time, he's after inmates' food. to punish people who have been desecrating american flags in their cells, he's enforcing a diet of bread and water for seven days. he has doled out interesting punishments in the past such as pink underpants and jumpsuits for inmates, but does this go too far? i don't think so. >> really? >> the whole point of being in prison is punishment. i don't understand why we have to coddle everybody. you shouldn't desecrate the flag. >> i don't think we have ever disagreed, but i really disagree. i don't think food should be used as a form of punishment when there's no imminent threat to anybody else. >> remember back in the old days, gruel.
1:49 am
>> what's gruel? >> i don't know, but it doesn't sound good. >> think joe has the right idea. i wear the flag for a reason. it represents american freedom. rour sons and daughters are dying on battlefields around the world for the freedom that this flag represents. if people who are incarcerated are burning the flag, stepping on the flag, tearing the flag, it's a complete disrespect. you don't even deserve, deserve the bread. >> you don't deserve -- >> give them water. you can probably last a week without anything. >> a great disrespect that the supreme court allowed it to happen. this guy is a descendant of the middle ages and before that. this guy is one of the worst, disgraceful, despicable law enforcement officers. i want to call him that. this is saguy who thought it was really neat to put people in striped uniforms that were done away with in the 1800s and march them around. >> and pink jumpsuits and
1:50 am
underwears. >> kn gets people riding around on their horses. and saying communication is a problem, joe. why do you still alect this idiot? come on. he keeps getting news. why does he get news? because he does stuff like this so we'll pick it up. do you think we would have picked it up if he wouldn't have deprived people of their right to eat. >> there wouldn't be a story? >> of course, but that's what he wants and we're talking about it. he's a waste of time. >> you're making him excited. >> i wish he would come up here and talk to me about it. >> okay, go ahead. >> bob is right. he does this to get on fox news. this is something -- i mean, how do people find out about this story? it's got to be from him. having said that, i would rather have a punisher than a pussa cat as a warden. i like his belief if you don't like it in prison, don't come back.
1:51 am
bob is right, there is an exercise in self-promotion going on, but i would rather have this kind of self-promotion than the feeling type warden, the one who is interested in learning how to get someone in touch with their inner child. i would rather have them not enjoy the experience, but you can't deny that arpaio is interested it in for his ego. >> how do you think people feel if their sons or daughters or wives or husbands are killed by people who are then imprisoned by these people who have food, flat screen tvs, play areas, soccer fields. what kind of punishment is that? no incentive not to do it. >> most prisons do not go down to the dark ages -- and by the way, it's not his prison. it belongs to the people of arizona. you ought to learn that, joe. it ain't yours. go home. >> but they like him. hey, hey, bob. they like him. they put him there, so there you go. >> well, they're going to learn. >> by the people and for the
1:52 am
people. >> they have a guy who deserves to be with genghis khan. >> if you don't like it, don't be a criminal. don't break the law. maybe it serves as a deterrent. you say, beam in that prison with that guy really sucks. soy don't do it again. >> why don't they all wear striped uniforms like this guy. you would love it. i missed that. >> i'm done with this now. >> i'm sorry i missed that, too. >> one moyre thing is next. oh, bob.
1:53 am
1:54 am
time for "one more thing." let's go to k.g. >> thanks for that. okay, so this is -- is -- >> y welcome. >> okay, well, i love 50 cent and meryl streep, and they love each other, apparently, so i'm
1:55 am
courtside at the knicks/laker games having fun, mugging for the cameras. and then 50 put out the caption was, man, i have a good life. the second one, things got a little gangsta. it's kind of fun and having a good time. people love sports. basketball and football. right, bob? >> yeah, sure. >> eric? >> a great heat game right before that, as well. this morning, hillary clinton sat down with the national automobile dealers association and said this. >> my biggest, you know, regret is what happened in benghazi. it was a terrible tragedy, losing four americans. >> yeah, so she wasn't always so i don't know, humble, apologetics and worried about it. remember this? >> the fact we have four dead americans. because of protests or guys out for a walk one night who decided to kill some americans. what difference at this point
1:56 am
does it make? >> one is about to run for president. the other wasn't ready to run for president. >> talking to car dealers? ironic, being a lemon. >> i had a fun little story here about the town where i grew up, i was born, in evanston, wyoming. a southwestern part of wyoming. the 2002 olympics in salt lake city, the jumamic bobsled team was able to start training there. paul skog, who is an attorney there, brought the team there, and they practiced in evanston. bob, this is an interesting story. >> i know you're going to get to jasper at the end. >> i wasn't going to, but i will now, because he would be great at the olympics. it's a story about how one american who cared about his town, evanston, wyoming, brought them to sochi, and they're going to be at the olympics. >> bob sled?
1:57 am
>> yes. >> on coconut rides? >> no, they train here. remember cool running, the movie. >> bob, you're up. >> this weekend, a group of us, including sean hannity and i went out and played golf. >> what a golfer. >> this is what everybody ought to do before they do this, which is exercise, because you get very stiff both from playing golf and the night before. this is the exact set-up, if you notice the way my knee is going forward, everybody ought to emulate that. you'll shoot a scratch game. >> what is that? >> that's you falling down. >> here's the other thing. sun when you're out there, get some sun. everybody is slow. people take it seriously. i don't. i mean, as far as i'm concerned, if i can get it down the fairway, i'm okay. and this is my favorite place, sitting down with the pain killers. >> really? >> and this will have to wait until hannity tonight. i'm on tonight. i want you to look at the front
1:58 am
of the kaurt. caused a bit of the controversy. >> bob broke it. >> here we go, speaking of sports, not just a singer. he's a ball player. justin bieber. the thing at the end is priceless. this guy is letting him do it. >> what is he doing? >> the moves. >> all right, look at that look on his face. he is one tough kid. oh, get a job. >> he has a job. >> "the five" will be tweeting throughout the state of the union. join the conversation. we'll be using #foxnewschat. see you back her >> it is tuesday, january 28th. beware, if you play angry birds rn spies are using the app to track you. what every smart phone owner
1:59 am
needs to know. >> all eyes on the white house as president obama prepares for his 5th state of the union address. the presidential promises he is expected to make and what republicans say america needs to hear. >> dark cold and dangerous. a girl trapped 30 feet below ground at the bottom of a well. >> she is in the well. she is in the well. >> the race against the clock to save her life. "fox & friends first" starts right now. >> starting your morning off with a little rolling stones. that's the picture of fox news. we are on the 12th floor bringing you all of the
2:00 am
headlines. you are watching "fox & friends first" on this tuesday morning. i am ainsley earhardt. >> i am heather childers. thank you for starting your day with us. all eyes on the white house as president obama plans his 5th state of the union address. >> molly henneberg joinis us lie from washington. >> after a difficult year with not much done on his legislative agenda president obama is expected to throw down the gauntless in his state of the union address telling lawmakers he has other options if he can't get his legislative goals through congress. >> he simply won't stop because mindful of congress' reluctance to be cooperative at times the president is going to exercise his authority. he is going to use his pen

211 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on