Skip to main content
Internet Archive's 25th Anniversary Logo

tv   The Five  FOX News  January 31, 2014 1:00am-2:01am PST

1:00 am
hello, everyone. i'm coyle, along with bob beckel, eric boling, dana perino and greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city, and this is "the five." well, we are three days away from the big game, and "the five" will be kicking off the weekend with you tomorrow from super bowl boulevard in times square. more than 100 million americans are expected to watch the denver broncos take on the seattle seahawks on sunday at 6:30 p.m. more than 400,000 tourists will come to the new york city area. uplifting, isn't he. we all know the ads are
1:01 am
sometimes the best part of the super bowl, and we've got a sneak peek of just a few of them in a moment, but, first, imagine you've always wanted to go to the super bowl. your team was playing. you'd never think you'd go, and something like this happens. >> what? what are you talking about? >> those are super bowl tickets. >> no. >> yeah. >> no, they are not. >> we can't do this. >> we can. we fly out on saturday. >> no. >> no. no, this can't happen. >> it's gonna. we're going to the super bowl, mom. >> why are you crying? >> and the dog is so excited licking her face so happy. that's a dreams can come true. this is a dog moment, happy moment. >> i love it. it's a good moment. people get overwhelmed by the kindness, okay, and the surprise -- i like a surprise. greg doesn't like a surprise but i like to give surprises, like -- like to -- what's wrong?
1:02 am
>> i'm just surprised that greg would have a couple of super bowl tickets. >> i had a surprise. friends of mine from seattle made a last-minute decision and scott and bris la standsel are coming out on saturday afternoon and are going to stay with us and going to the game on sunday. >> that's going to be fun. >> and my brother-in-law is coming and going to the bronco game with peter and jasper and i are going to watch it on the couch by ourselves. >> the bronco game? >> it is a bronco game. >> don't you think in seattle they call it the seahawks game. >> i guess. >> true blue for her team and is wearing the colors. >> what do you think about the cute commercial, eric? >> the commercial, the -- the surprise? >> no, it's great. i mean, she was -- she's thrilled. i think bob's -- bob might have the same reaction a little later in the show. i might have something for him. >> what? spoiler alert. >> as usual i read in detail my policy stuff, but how did she
1:03 am
get these tickets? >> they bought them. it's a present, a gift, a surprise. >> bought them from her? >> from her son. >> there's tickets available. you can just purchase them. >> this is the interesting story is that it's the secondary market from like places like stubhub. there's 14,000 tickets still available making this the least arousing super bowl game in history. the scalpers are getting scalped because no one is willing to pay the money, and the reason why, i did some research. >> the weather. >> 6:00 p.m. on the hallmark channel a "little house on the prairie" marathon, going on all night. melissa gilbert, melissa sue anderson. >> melissa francis. >> it's a fox news alert. >> that was the most boring show. >> i loved it. i would run from the bus stop to the happen. >> michelle franzen was not on "melissa house on the prairie." >> she was?
1:04 am
>> finding like melissa, melissa, emframelissa franzen. >> i thought you guys were ruining my joke. >> she wrote a book on how demanding her mother was while on this show. >> can we go back to the super bowl and not talk about cows on the prairie or whatever it was. >> go ahead. >> i was going to say. you've got the number one ranked defense, first number one offense, first time that's happened in a long time, one. the spread went from one point to three and a half now which surprised me a little bit, and i think that you're going to find a surprise in the super bowl. i think for nobody every takes risks in the first super bowl. >> are we doing this now, talking a team? don't want to watch "little house on the prairie." you want championship>> i'm mak first play of the game manning is going for a bomb. >> okay. >> going to take a team or make our bet?
1:05 am
>> it's either today or tomorrow. you have a choice because you won championship week. >> i'm going for denver all the way because i'm so angry with seattle, i'm shaking inside. >> you like to back a winner. >> are you picking denver? >> tip of the finger that could have been different. >> by default i get the seahawks. can i tell bob the secret? can i tell him the secret. >> don't tell me. >> he said no. >> secrets revealed on "the five." >> like what's going to happen, if bob wins what do you have to do? >> we get to choose the other person's wardrobe for whatever day. >> will you make him wear a puffy shirt? that was kind of like "little house on the prairie." a puffy prairie shirt. >> it was a little small. >> got it from josh. >> you know what, bob? >> time for the ladies. >> i'm sorry. here's the deal, talked about the super bowl ads. they are very fun and sometimes depending if the super bowl is
1:06 am
on a snooze alert, you want to enjoy the ads, which was your favorite one and which is the most controversial so we've got a peek at a couple of them that are sort of fun, and this one, because the dogs have taken over the show, let's take a look at budweiser puppy love. ♪ ♪ you only need the light when it's burning low ♪ ♪ only miss the snow when it starts to snow ♪ >> that's amazing. greg thought so, too. greg, you liked that a lot. >> i -- i'm torn because, you know, i'm not watching the game at all. i'm protesting it because i find the names of the teams to be highly offensive. if you look at broncos, it refers to a farrell untrained
1:07 am
horse, referring to young men as minorities as wild rough beasts to me is disgusting. the seahawk, basically a bird of prey which is aggressive and a violent creature, again, it's like calling a man a land maggot, the fact that we're actually showing this game on fox makes me sick to my stomach. >> why don't you are -- you sit home and watch "little house on the prairie." and report in on that on monday. >> there are no words and seriously not enough medication to handle your issues. what did you think of the puppy one? you love it, right? that's the cutest ad. >> yeah, it's adorable, but there are a lot of great ads. >> which other ones do you like. two more, a volkswagen one. >> can you roll one of those and i want to tell the little trivia on super bowl ad pricing. >> punch up the v-w. >> you're the v-w. >> what if i told you every time a volkswagen hits 100,000 miles a german engineer gets his wing.
1:08 am
♪ >> yeah, dad, and i'm sure at 200,000 miles rainbows shoot out of their butts. >> that's cute. >> she said shoot. >> that's not my favorite run. >> the pricing on super bowl, i'm sorry about that, but almost $4 million per ad. super bowl i was $40,000 so in 48 years it's gone from 40,000 to 4 million. >> what do you think budweiser paid to produce the ad? >> several million. they have done studies some turn into huge, huge profits for the company. >> that wing thing isn't going to. that reminds me of clarence. >> that one is a stinker for sure. nothing against volkswagen. >> don't worry, whatever. >> or angels. >> i like angels and the music in the budweiser one. let's take a look at the noah trailer and we'll get our
1:09 am
feedback. >> a great flood is coming. >> the storm cannot be stopped. it can't be survived. >> we have to protect our family. >> do you want to live? >> protect your mother. protect them all. >> is this the end of everything? >> the beginning of everything. >> all right. the "noah" trailer is so far hands down the best or in a dead heat with the budweiser. >> wait, it's not a super bowl commercial. >> i said trailer, so what's your problem? >> that's not a super bowl commerci commercial. >> he's right. it's not a super bowl commercial. >> it's a trailer. >> it will show up like that in any season. >> volkswagen's isn't either. >> they do -- they put a lot of money into the commercial for the super bowl. >> are they not paying money to put that on the air? >> that would have been the same whether in january or july.
1:10 am
>> thank you, bob. >> it's already been running. >> thinking about box office where it's sometimes 80 million, 90 million, 100 million in a weekend this, properly placed ad is well worth the $4 million. >> i think it's going to go sgl >> what do you think? >> i think it's been doing, doing very well, and this will do extremely well. >> this is the guy, you know, what's his name, the name of the director? >> i don't know the director. >> you think this is going to be a religious movie, seriously? >> i think -- well, darren aranovsky, did "the wrestler" which was a great film and the last movie which was "black swan." >> am i in your head? >> is he going to be faithful to the bible? >> you would have been great on "the 25,000 pyramid."
1:11 am
>> i had to pray a lot because that movie really scared me. >> i couldn't watch that movie. i watched "the black swan." >> get to divorce him right away. >> i was afraid to watch "the black swan" for real. watched it on the plane, but there was a woman watching it three rows up from me and i watched it like there was no sound because it was too much. >> did you just say tease? talking about the greatest game of the year and we have to get out. >> he did "requeim for a dream." anyone who has seen that would be worried about "noah." >> are we going to talk about seattle's defense? >> i think this is going to be a great game for one, the cold weather is a great idea, number one, and when they play inside domed stadiums it's not really football, no wind, no conditions. placekicker's got a big advantage. number one defense -- usually defense beats the offense in a
1:12 am
championship. >> great defenses beat -- in championship games, super bowls. >> except in this case i think it's going to be much different because i don't think, despite the controversy at connerback, i don't think sherman can keep up with a couple of ends with denver. >> bob's thrown a flag on sherman, will you respond? >> looks like i'm the only one here picking the seahawks now, is that what it's going to be, i have to defend the defense? >> why are you asking him? >> because i don't know who he is picking. >> animal planet is having "finding big foot," further evidence so i'm for big foot. >> if it's not going to be super bowl, going to be puppy bowl. >> okay. >> if manning wins this thing, does he go down as the greatest quarterback in history? >> no. >> you don't think so? >> are we going to do that. >> possibly the greatest quarterback one single season in history. >> maybe greatest quarterback of this millennial. >> how about one of the greatest? >> has any quarterback won a super bowl with two different
1:13 am
teams? >> no. >> no, that's correct, bob, you are correct. >> i have irritable bowl syndro syndrome. >> that's every day and then you eat too much chinese food. >> up next, an offensive tweet referring to an ad that's going to air during the super bowl. the outrage about that ahead and later the ad you won't be seeing during the game on sunday because it was banned. it features actress scarlett johnasson. that's coming up.
1:14 am
1:15 am
1:16 am
1:17 am
♪ talking over greg's intro. >> sorry. >> msnbc, the network for grad students with head lice, gleefully tweeted a prediction, that right wingers would despise a new ad featuring a bi-racial family.
1:18 am
their evidence, all those righties who mock bi-racial families, like these guys. >> there on governor romney's knee it his adopted grandson who is an african-american, adopted african-american child. any captions for this one in ♪ one of these things is not like the other ♪ >> i think this picture is great. it real sums up the diversity of the republican party. >> oh, wow, i'm sorry, those aren't conservatives at all. that's msnbc your one-stop shot for race baiting. >> the tweet has since been bashired and you have to love how the right has responded, not with outrage but with facts and faces led by michelle malkin. dozens of rivertives tweeted photos of their bi-racial families to the nasty network. that's how you kill a race baiter with light and truth. let's face it, no one else is going to do it, not "the daily show," "time" or "newsweek" if
1:19 am
they still even exist. bravo to those who crushed the bug and what's with all the imagined hatred from the left. they claim there's a war on women as they wage a war on women, against females like sarah palin and karate mcmorris rodgers and it turns out they are just another brand of anti-west campus radicals and they label the right as bigots as they stereotyaiereotype so v. congratulations, turns out you were the villains you were waiting for. k.g., i have to hand it to michelle malkin. she got on twitter. i'm tired of outrage. i like action. send pictures of your family to msnbc. made them look really stupid. >> i like her. you know, she's a provocative but in a thoughtful way that makes sense. i mean, this was something that she put together. i think it speaks volumes, they say, picture is worth a thousand
1:20 am
words. there you go, take a look at this, beautiful family and makes a lot of sense. that's why she connects with people, and what do you say if you're msnbc? i think you feel awful about the choices you're making and what their colleagues have done there. >> bob, they have -- msnbc has apologized, phil griffin has apologized. i mean -- why should they apologize if this is something that they kind of do a lot of? i mean, it's who -- i -- i happen to think calling somebody a bigot, given my background and my dad's background in the civil rights, it's the lowest form of conversation you can have. i'm just appalled by it. you know, particularly are so many kids out there that need a home. i mean, you know, i don't care who adopts them, as long as it's a good family. >> true. >> so i give people credit and the idea of mocking it. i took my share of shots at romney, but i never would have done that about that. you just have -- you give the left a bend and most of the left don't believe that, in fact, and i find it appalling.
1:21 am
>> but what he's saying is a larger issue, msnbc, this is like recidivism. it's not a one-off event. they are doing this. this has been multiple instances and that's why it's a problem. >> we have spent more time talking about nbc than anybody in america combined, so i don't know why we need to spend a whole lot of time on them. look, they got -- you cannot have a network where you have that kind of thinking and where you allow someone like greg gutfeld who is very good at doing it, i don't blame him for that, by saying it's the leftists. it's not all the leftists. >> but the entire left spends all of their time attacking one news network, fox news, and i think the exposure of hypocrisy on the left is actually very refreshing for a lot of people. michelle malkin, she's not afraid to do it. takes a lot of different communicators, all sorts of things to build a party, a movement, but she is completely unafraid, and we're better off for it. >> conservatives attack msnbc all the time, too. >> there's a little difference
1:22 am
here. et schultz attacks a conservative, martin bashir attacks a conservative and melissa harris perry a republican and phil griffin has blankets all righties and says, oops, we're sorry. this is -- this is a serial offender here going on, bob. it's not like one of them does it and they all kind of say, okay, we won't let that happen again. it's happening and is consistent, but phil griffin, he kind of has a responsibility here to make some changes. by the way, that network is one step out of the scrapyard anyway so no matter how much rustoleum you spray on it it's there anyway, but the point, is oops, we're sorry. we didn't mean to have that tweet. he needs some blanket housekeeping. martin bashir, he allowed to step down, didn't fire him, allowed him to step down. ed schultz still has a show, harris perry is probably getting promoted and wagner got a spot at 4:00. they are promoting these people. >> it's fair to say on the other side there are some people at this table and around our own
1:23 am
network who have been -- said some of the rudest and crudest things about the president of the united states, so msnbc is way over the line, let's not say this is a preserve of the left, come on. >> what did we say that was rude and crude about the president? >> i've said a lot. >> that's you. >> but the weird thing about msnbc, if they traffic in making fun of people who are different, it isn't -- aren't they supposed to be the people that defend people who are different, but they are the worst at it? >> hypocrisy. >> big tent, remember? >> yeah. >> inclusive, right, the inclusive network unless you're from the right and then you're not included. >> if my dad were around and alive today he'd be the first one out in front bashing this stuff. would have been appalled by it, and i don't blame him. >> it's not just msnbc. you have the "new york times" who basically referred to karate mcmorris rodgers as a stepford wife which is a cliched stair-type, boring, bland housewife used to describe the
1:24 am
republican woman. they are around the same damn people. >> are you talking about the woman who gave the republican response? i would call her void of any serious proposals. that's about the nicest thing i can say. >> you know how hard that speech is? >> it was a terrible speech saying nothing. >> president obama walking in, everybody high-fiving. >> state of the union. >> the woman who did the response. >> and 85 standing ovations and then somehow has to have the opposing view for ten minutes in a quiet studio. that is really a -- you know what? the republicans -- >> they shouldn't do it. >> actually, bob -- >> stop doing it. >> it's not a fair fight. >> that was your view of it. i've heard from a lot of women that i didn't expect to that said -- this morning at the dog park that said hey, i thought her speech was really good, mom, independent-minded person, lives in new york, votes probably democrat and might be open-minded so i don't think it's fair to her to be called
1:25 am
named by the "new york times" and msnbc just because she might not know what a carter cutlery knife is if it stabbed her in the leg. >> i'm not going to go too far. >> i had a comment of bobby jindal when he did his response. >> they are not good, never good, but to compare it to the president's speech. the president's speech by -- by far was considered empty of any serious proposals. >> i would say next year, gop, reince priebus, let it go. >> but it's not a fair fight. it's not set up or staged to be. >> and what eric said is right. why in the world they demand to have that, when you can't get anywhere near the pomp and circumstance of the rest of it. makes no sense whatsoever. >> all right. we've got to go. >> moving on up. >> debating to read this tweet from laura levities. >> typical what have they said. >> the woman who wanted to rip out the uterus of karate mcmorris rodgers and do something to it. >> i know you didn't want to say it. >> it's just the point that we
1:26 am
actually have to avoid what the left says because it's so repulsive. >> don't say -- stop saying the left. >> like reading the bashir stuff. >> make it sound like we're a big crowd marching in lockstep. just not the case. most left people that i know find that stuff on msnbc deplorable, and there are not many people who watch it. if it was so reflective of the left don't you think there would be a bigger audience. >> maybe. coming up, will a third bush run for president in 2016? governor jeb answers next.
1:27 am
1:28 am
1:29 am
1:30 am
♪ so will he or won't he?
1:31 am
that's the question people have been asking for years about former governor of florida jeb bush. for a while the smart betting was on him deciding against running for president, but yesterday he reopened that door, just a crack. >> well, i'm considering -- i'm going to think about it later, so i don't wake up each day saying what am i going to do to make this decision? i'm deferring the decision to the right time which is later this year. >> and your mother said he's qualified but i hope he doesn't run. >> yeah. she promised me she wouldn't keep saying this, but she's 89 years old, and if you have elderly parents or grandparent, you know that they speak their mind. there's not much strong between thinking and speaking. i love her. >> so kimberly, about two weeks ago i thought all signs pointed to jeb bush deciding he was going to sit this one out, and there's been developments over the last three weeks. maybe he's taking another look at it. >> if anybody is on the inside, it's jasper. >> could be jasper, that's true. >> imagine that, a couple weeks ago you were getting an
1:32 am
indicator in a different direction. i'll tell you, been a big fan of his for many, many years even before 43 came on the presidential scene and i just think he would do tremendous service to our country. i love his focus on education. i think he's got a great innovative approach and a great heart and certainly a wealth of experience and what it takes to be president. just, you know, coming from that family. i wouldn't begrudge him because others have come before him. >> eric, you want to say anything? >> i will say -- i will say this. we -- kimberly and i both went to see him speak at the convention. >> at the convention, yes. >> very compelling, very interesting stuff, like you said on education. >> fantastic. >> but he does have a significant mountains to climb, not just hills to climb on the right and, bob, across the country. your assessment is what? >> i think he is by far, by far
1:33 am
the strongest candidate the republicans can put forward and i'll tell you why, and this is just as a political analyst. you're not saying this to get more dano perino pot roast. >> as good as it is. first of all, he'll do what the republicans better do or they will put themselves in the dust bin of history. >> bridge the gap. >> he can get hispanic votes. his brother got 45% of the hispanic vote. every other yahoo! doesn't understand how to talk to hispanics. they guy can get 40% or better, one. he takes away from the democrats the most important swing state or one of the most important swing states and that is florida. he will win florida going away, and the my guess is if he's really smart he'll pick somebody from one of the three states that will put the lock down for a republican candidate, ohio, michigan or pennsylvania. i just don't understand why the republicans don't realize this. >> because they wanted some time to pass. >> and the other thing he had said, a friend of mine, a former governor who knows him, said he had enough sense to say he's
1:34 am
worried very much about the right wing of the republican party and he's right. he's right on the right. >> anybody is -- whoever the republicans put forward is going to have to try to bring people together. your thoughts on jeb bush? >> you know, the big picture for me is he's -- horray, he's a good guy and bob made a lot of sense there, things i didn't think about before. i keep saying where is the republican party? obama was a candidate that ignited a party enough that they tossed hillary and bill aside like an intern's dress. the republicans need a candidate that creates actual blood flow to all the extremities or you're going to end up with eight years of a pant suit presidency. >> either way. >> either way. >> either way. >> that's true. >> it's like maybe -- it's -- >> that's what bob is saying. >> i don't see the republican obama. >> i don't think that there is one right now. let's remember nobody knew about the obama obama until he got a chance to be -- >> who wants a republican obama. i want somebody who will get
1:35 am
something done with qualifications and experience. how about winning on the merits. how about -- >> the republicans can't win. i'm telling you this guy can win. he scares me to death. i hope he doesn't run because i think it will make it very difficult for the democrats to beat him. >> i think you're being honest. >> and i would die for a right winger getting nominated. >> greg is right, you need that uniting candidate and he or she may not be out there yet, but as it is right now, it may not even be the candidate, it may be the republican party needs to get together. >> you have to be united. you win your primary being far right and you have to tack far left towards the center to try and win a general election. >> the tack is a lot bigger than it's ever been. >> the divide is far. >> meantime, hillary clinton -- she might not even have a primary at all. >> she will. >> you won't have to go left to tack back to the center. >> let me tell you -- >> we can talk about this for hours but we've got to go. >> no way that a candidate with a party that has an open seat is
1:36 am
not going to have a primary opponent and she will have one. >> jimmy kimmel hit the streets to find out what they are thinking about the state of the union. telling me we have to go to talk about the state of the union, and he got lots of interesting answers. that's next. >> did you think that there was too much product placement in the state of the union? >> yeah, that kind of surprises me, kind of cheapens politics a little bit. >> did you see any of it? >> i saw most -- i'd say half of it. >> so you're not lying about seeing half of it? >> no. >> no. >> stay tuned f [ male announcer ] meet mary. she loves to shop online with her debit card. and so does bill, an identity thief who stole mary's identity, took over her bank accounts, and stole her hard-earned money. unfortunately, millions of americans just like you learn all it may take is a little misplaced information to wreak havoc on your life. this is identity theft. and no one helps stop it better than lifelock.
1:37 am
lifelock offers the most comprehensive identity theft protection available. if mary had lifelock's bank account alerts, she may have been notified before it was too late. lifelock's credit notification service is on the job 24/7. as soon as they detect a threat to your identity within their network, they will alert you, protecting you before the damage is done. lifelock has the most comprehensive identity theft protection available, guarding your social security number, your money, your credit, even the equity in your home. my years as a prosecutor taught me that we all need to protect ourselves from crime. in today's world, that includes identity theft. it's a serious problem. we all have to protect ourselves. [ male announcer ] while identity theft can't be completely stopped, no one works harder to protect you than lifelock. you even get a $1 million service guarantee. that's security no one can beat. you have so much to protect and nothing to lose when you call lifelock right now and get 60 days of identity theft protection risk free.
1:38 am
that's right. 60 days risk free. use promo code notme. order now and get this document shredder to keep sensitive documents out of the wrong hands. a $29 value free. don't wait until you become the next victim. ♪ ♪
1:39 am
1:40 am
welcome back, everybody. today's fastest seven, a jimmy, a jerry and joe. three entertaining stories, seven energetic minutes, one
1:41 am
great enthusiastic host. first up, jimmy kimmel hit the pavement for a man in the street response to the state of the union. the problem is the clowns were asked before the speech. >> oh, dear. >> what did you think of the state of the union last night? >> it was awesome. i loved it. >> what specifically was good about it?>> just that he was --t everybody was talking about. >> which is what? >> i don't know. i haven't even seen it. >> what did you think about obama faking the heart attack at the end? >> i think that was more for shock value, not anything or what have you. >> they did get shocked when they brought the defibrillator. >> oh, my gosh. >> greg, got to love it. >> it never fails to entertain, but it just shows that people don't want to fail on tv so if it means like making stuff up,
1:42 am
no different than piers morgan. >> or bob. >> i wasn't going to say bob. >> the beckel institute i was thinking. >> highly regarded, highly regarded. >> how about the one guy, like, i'm lying. >> i just wonder if this is a little bit mean. >> yeah. >> kind of sglemean. >> what? >> they have to agree to be on tv. >> you're getting caught on the spot and probably embarrassed to say they didn't watch it or they don't know, a big chance to be on tv. >> and i don't want to play the race card but they might want to mix this up a little bit and -- two-thirds of them are black. >> no, no, no. look, take a look, look. you seeing. white there. >> santa claus gets asked. >> from jim toe jerry springer, here's jerry springer digging deep to expose his liberal slant. >> why would you ever hate barack obama? is there a human being on the planet earth that wouldn't want barack obama as a son? i mean, look at what this young
1:43 am
man has achieved and what he's done on his own and how he's become this great leader and done these things. >> go ahead, k.g. >> and then he threw his chair across the room. >> are you going to read that. >> don't read that. >> you're not going to right? >> i don't think you should read that. >> i wrote it but i won't read it. >> your thoughts on jerry saying oh, what a great guy. >> you know, that's his personal opinion, okay, jerry. i think he really does admire the president. the president has accomplished a tremendous amount in a short period of time. how is that for a positive statement? >> very nice. >> bob? >> if you had a son -- >> i think history will treat barack obama extremely well, and i agree with jerry springer. i think he's a terrific president and i think he's got a guy -- he was in the state legislature in illinois before the president of the united states, part of the problem, but the guy knows how to win. >> you talking about jerry springer? >> huh? >> jerry knows how to shock you. >> all right. >> i'm not sure i want to take
1:44 am
my political advice from springer. >> just surprised he didn't pick up the chair and throw it across the room at the end of it. >> does he still have a show? >> no. >> springer? >> no. >> i don't know. >> i'm done. >> i was going to say that he described how obama got elected is that he was likable, and if you're likable enough, people won't press one for more details so you have obamacare, you have unemployment, division, unrest all over the world but at least he's a great guy. >> finally, let's make this perfectly clear. i care about the planet. as proof i wanted you to see this public service issue announcement from superstar scar jo. call me a tree hugger, because if locking arms with scar jo i guess i'm a tree hugger. >> start with plain water and bubbles and mix in the perfect flavor. look, a soda that's better for you and all of us. less sugar, less bottles. if only i could make this
1:45 am
message go viral. >> whoa, whoa, you're doing it, scarlett, yeah, you're doing it, changing the world one sip at a time. >> sorry, coke and pepsy. >> oh, yeah, you've done it. sodastream. >> sodastream. >> bob's a little worked up right now. >> i'd buy it. i -- i didn't think it was -- it was extremely well done, her acting was terrific and her expression, expressive art right there at the end. i got the point. >> get the point. >> save the planet, fewer plastic bottles. >> i've had sodastream for years. i love it. makes me drink more water. >> do you really? >> you didn't give me any, offer me any. >> why was it rejected? >> because of the -- because it's the israel thing or what? >> no, the way -- right there. that's why they reject it had. >> let's be perfectly honest about this. i think there's a coke/pepsi war. pepsi is -- is a big sponsor of the super bowl so they said
1:46 am
let's not. >> you brick up the point, there is a controversy because soewe a sodastream is owned by a company in the west bank and she actually resigned from oxfam international because of that. >> i got one of those from hannity. it's great. >> hannity got you one? >> did hannity give you one? >> i bought mine. >> k.g., quick thought. >> i want a sodastream from hannity, that's it. did i make myself clear? immediately. >> stick ahead, eric holder finally mix a decision about whether he'll seek the death penalty against the boston bomber, and bob is not happy with it, next.
1:47 am
test test flush
1:48 am
1:49 am
1:50 am
today attorney general eric holder announced the justice department will seek the death penalty against boston bombing suspect dzhokhar tsarnaev, however you pronounce it. >> good enough. >> thank you. killed three and wounded 260 others. since the federal death penalty was restored in '88 attorney generals have south 500 cases and won them.
1:51 am
of those only three have resulted in execution. i'm going to start this because i know it will be extremely unpopular. i'm against the death penalty and even against the death penalty in this case. let me refer to my friends out there who are people of faith as i am. you keep referring to the bible as being justification for the death penalty. the old testament called for the following death penalty, for failure to confine a dangerous animal, sex with an animal, working on the sat bat, adultery, homosexual, prostitution, lying for a woman's virginity. jesus never ever talked with the death penalty. he talked about he who has no sign cast the first stone. i applaud one of the most conservative in the country who opposes the death penalty because it gives the state the ultimate awesome power of any fascist state. they should not have a death penalty. instead of putting them to sleep with easy shots, put them all on an island together and make them suffer for the rest of their lives. it's cruel and unusual
1:52 am
punishment and should not be allowed. >> and it is the law. >> in this case don't follow the law. >> you're a practicing roman catholic. your church is against it. >> i know my church is against this. however, i wouldn't mind seeing this guy go away. do you know it costs more to keep someone -- to -- to administer the death penalty than to keep them alive for the rest of their lives? >> that shouldn't be a deterrent. costs shouldn't be the determination factor, whether or not the punishment is suitable. we're experiencing a death of punishment in this country where it's unpopular not to create a club med for prisoners like you said about arpaio. i don't know where you get your information. >> deters the guy that dies. beauty of the death penalty. 100% effective when it kills. >> how about the people -- how about the people who get killed that aren't guilt? >> they use that argument a lot. here's the problem here. he is guilty and we know it. he's on film.
1:53 am
we know he should die, if anything to get his groupies just in pure misery unless, and i agree with you, let's spare him but make his punishment sitting in a room 24/7 staring at the footage of the suffering victim. >> fine with me. fine with me. >> i'd castrate him, do whatever you need. >> you know what, bob. you don't make any sense here. you're going to castrate someone, put them in a room and you don't think that's cruel and unusual and putting someone to death in a humane way you think is -- is -- >> tons t runs completely counter to my faith and i think it runs counter to what human nature should be. >> can i make just one statement on this? >> yeah. >> i admire your principle when it comes to being pro-life. i do wonder, however, the bible doesn't contemplate domestic terror attacks on american soil. the bible gives you advice and guidance as how to administer your laws. if you believe that, bob, are you against president obama's drone strike program? >> his what? >> his drone strike program which targets and kills
1:54 am
terrorists. >> yeah. >> that is the death penalty overseas. >> if you consider it a war, i don't car it that way. anyway, and the other thing, the new testament, they will say people who says they do agree with the death penalty. >> read "death and punishment." >> i know i'll get
1:55 am
1:56 am
love the banjo. all right. time for one more thing beginning with you, greg. >> time for this. i hate these people! >> all right. super bowl, if you're going to be watching it at a bar, do not order a mojito. hate mojito drinkers because it slows down the work at the bar. keep it simple. beer, wine, whiskey, vodka, bloody mary's is as complex as you can get. don't want you standing in front of me ordering a mojito. >> at the bars you go to, do
1:57 am
they even have those drinks? >> they don't. >> dana, go. >> i asked today my fellow bronco fans back in denver to send me any pictures to show how they are getting ready, one from rhonda and all the kids in the special gear. she said it took an hour to figure out how to put it on twitter. cecilia, 78-year-old grandma, first time ever did colored nails and got her red and blue nails, there we go. >> got to love this with her yellow lab on a balcony in bronco territory with the flag and the last one is at the denver airport, the sign for omaha, nebraska, the big omaha with exclamation which is peyton manning's charity. >> so in other news, amanda knox, if you think this is still going on, it is, was now found guilty in the trial over in italy. she's in the u.s. she's not going to be extradited, let's be honest about that, and she says she's going to appeal this verdict. >> those are some outfits. >> let's go.
1:58 am
>> i'm before my time. bob has something important. >> just read this story that 17 states now are closing prisons. the largest world prison population, which is the united states, is now becoming the smallest. last two years those states that have closed them have saved half a billion and finally we're beginning to realize putting a lot of people in jail who use drugs doesn't do go. >> the fox sports mascot, take a look, doing "the five." see the hand. >> kind of camouflages. >> everyone loves "the five." >> is that guy a real guy is. >> in an outfit. >> someone inside. >> what's the surprise? >> we're going to see you tomorrow from super bowl boulevard in times
1:59 am
2:00 am
>> it's friday january 31st. the family of amanda knox murdered roommate speaking moments apg about the new guilty verdict. >> it is the truth and it may be the fact that we don't ever really know what happened that night. >> what meredith kircher's family will do next and what amanda knox is vowing to do now. >> a big break for justin beeier

177 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on