Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  February 23, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PST

2:00 pm
to us. by sides, they're providing catering here. remember, we've got your back even when we're not technically there. hello, everyone. i'm eric bolling. it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five." in just under three hours from now nevada republican there's begin the process of deciding who they want to be their party's nominee. the gop caucuses start at 8:00 eastern. 30 delegates are at stake. last night, trump sat down for an hour with hasnnnity.
2:01 pm
>> ronald reagan was a pretty liberal democrat and he evolved into a, he was not the most conservative president but he evolved into a republican who was fairly conservative. i will say this. i think i have very much evolved. if you look at my real conservative credentials, and i don't think it is that important. they say he is not a true conservative. i know jeb and others were saying, he is not a true conservative. that's when i came up about two weeks ago and i said i'm a common sense conservative. >> cruz is determined to win the state tonight. here's rubio. >> we nominate someone that half the republican party hates, we're going to be fighting against each other all the way until november. we will never win that way. i don't care how much you may think they're funny or how interesting they may sound. if we nominate someone that 40 to 50% of our party can't stand, we are going to lose. >> so politics, especially
2:02 pm
presidential politics, are about two things. be this momentum and time. trump has the momentum and time is running out for cruz and rubio. the magic number to clinch is 1237. here's where the candidates stand. so far you can see it on the screen. here's how the delegate count breaks down going forward. super tuesday awards 621 delegates. the following weekend, 356 delegates. then the big date. march final. winner take all states mostly. also florida and ohio. 367 more delegates that day for a grand total of 1344 delegates. bitter medicine. if cruz and or rubio want to make a serious run at president, one has to drop out before super tuesday or the path is paved for the front-runner who leads most of the polls of the upcoming states. that part is my opinion there. if they continue to be a three-man race, the ones who are
2:03 pm
not trump are splitting the vote evenly. it makes sense for one to step aside. >> that won't happen. especially with those three. you have five people still in it. carson and kasich. they're not showing any signs of dropping out. they are saying they want to be in for the long haul. let's see what happens after today. i think everybody has too. invested. still in the game, specially top three. trump for all intents and purposes, it looks like he will run away with it. the question is who will be in second? >> let me question your premise. your question suggested, if one of them dropped out, then they could consolidate the vote. >> coalesce. >> the ant-trump vote. >> the premise is that everyone drop out. crazy or rubio, one of those drop out. kasich and carson drop out as well. >> so you could not sol indicate the ant-trump forces. what we're seeing is much of that already going to rubio. we've seen a spate of
2:04 pm
endorsements recently. most recently in nevada, the senator going for rubio. we've seen people like tim paw lenty, the performer governor of minnesota. bob dole, the former presidential candidate. the establishment is all going to rubio. the premise is if they were to join forces, they could beat trump. i'm not convinced. >> that that means they're joining forces. i still don't think that everybody would automatically go against donald trump. i think some would go to trump. >> your thoughts on whether either one would do it and or should do it? >> i think that my opinion on that doesn't matter. because they're not dropping out before next tuesday. so, the other thing that's interesting in this race. there's so much about how much money is involved in politics. especially on the democratic side. so much talk about the citizens united decision by the supreme court that allowed to exercise
2:05 pm
the rights. there would be so much money in politics. what we found is that it doesn't matter if you're hillary clinton or jeb bush and you have all the money. this is a very disruptive campaign but there is new technologies. donald trump, a self-funning billionaire, doesn't have to spend any money at all because he's figured out the so many piece of it. so i don't think they'll drop out because they don't need to because they have enough money to keep going. >> march 15th, ohio and florida, winner take all states. can you imagine, if you really want to make the run against trump. if he beats the two with ohio and the ohio governor and the senator from florida in their own states. >> that's where they have to get that aggressive. if somebody is not dropping out, somebody has to get aggressive and start addressing specifics. i want to talk about what trump said last night. i watched the hannity event. what a blood bath. it was amazing. i don't know how donald trump got out of that alive. i was watching through my
2:06 pm
fingers. seriously, just scary. actually, sean did a great job. he is nice to every candidate and he offers an hour to each one. it just so happens this is an hour before the caucus. the point about ronald reagan. he was governor in 1967. 13 years before he became president. so he was a strong conservative for quite a while. we knew what that package was. he was republican twice. and he had run for president best ran for president in 1980. so this is a bit different. the other thing is when you're talking about who is conservative and who isn't, it may not be important because ideology isn't important at this point preex looking for strength or principles. a conservative is not for bailouts. bank bailouts, not for eminent domain, not for terrorists or trade wars or protectionism. it doesn't create mandates. a conservative might touch entitle. s. trump won't touch that. a conservative is a champion of temperament.
2:07 pm
you are a conservative. you favor the known over the unknown. the good news is that trump is not an idealog. he is not a conservative. he is not a liberal. he is not anything. what he does like is he likes to be liked. if he does become president and he looks at the polls and he changes his mind on certain things, that will make him more likable. he may not build that wall. the things that serve scared of may not happen because the secret to trump is he likes being liked. >> okay. let's do this. ted cruz's opponents have accused him of dirty tricks this election but he maintains he is not the one. >> it is a very strange dynamic. where two of the candidates in this race, donald trump and marco rubio, whenever anyone points to their actual record they won't defend their record them won't even discuss their record. they just scream liar, liar, liar. and both have been engaging in very nasty, very personal attacks relentlessly and daily. and it is all false. >> what do you say? >> it is hard to take cruz
2:08 pm
seriously. because he has bear hugged trump for months. he did not go after trump at all. he was trump's close friend. now when he comes out and trying to defend himself, it rings false. cruz has been an opportunist. in many cases, in the senate. he seeks for the maneuver. >> let me point out. he is a great constitutional conservative. he argued in front of the supreme court on behalf of the state of texas for five years. very successfully as well. >> so again as we go back to remember there were 17 candidates just a few months ago now. we only have five. out of the 17, there were several very qualified people and i put ted cruz in that camp. i heard last night on special report saying that he was being pinched from both sides. both trump and rubio were hitting him for the same issue. so then he had to fire his communications director and that became a new story and got them
2:09 pm
off their game a little bit. >> when he represented the united states, texas and 31 states in the heller decision. >> the second amendment defense. >> right. i don't know that that makes him such an attractive candidate. the problem is he is saying trump is not a conservative. we heard earlier, trump say i am a common sense conservative. you hear from cruz, you know what? abortion. trump has been back and forth. you talk about which eminent domain. cruz with the evangelicals, maybe tonight in the rural parts of nevada. but i don't see him coming through here. he has to convince some people who are now behind trump that really, trump is a fake. trump is nothing but a a blind trust that you're putting your trust into trump and his anger and his willingness to say anything. but is he a republican? is he a conservative? >> don't trust trump.
2:10 pm
>> guess what, that won't work. the a good sign but that won't work. the people supporting trump, they want someone who is a doer. will get in there and not afraid to get their hands dirty. kick butt, right? bad attitude and willingness to get after stuff and do it. obviously carrying less about specific conservative line item issues. >> can i bring up a line item issue? the dividing line between cruz and rubio. straight through. they've been going at it on immigration throughout the election. last night both burns up their platforms on the o'reilly factor snex with should build a wall, triple border patrol. and federal law requires that everyone here illegally should be deported. we have law enforcement who looks for people violating the laws. both donald trump and marco rubio would allow those 12 million people to become u.s.
2:11 pm
citizens. >> the once that are dangerous criminals, the ones that pose a threat would be deported. and many others would have to be deported because they don't qualify. they've been here long enough. what we do with the rest of them is not something we'll have a debate about until we first secure or border. >> so do you want to take this one? this is a rough one. >> i feel like immigration, everybody is a little bit all over the ma'am. they want a little of everything and trying to be all things to all people. remember in that south carolina vote, just on saturday. three days ago? in the exit polls, 54% of people polled in south carolina, republicans said that they were for a path to citizenship for people here illegally. that means this whole debate, the cable news and the newspapers focus and these two fight amongst each other all the time. they're kind of missing the boat. a comprehensive approach is a good one. and i saw very good point. if you say you are going to deport, it doesn't necessarily
2:12 pm
mean physically picking somebody up by the scruff of their neck and putting them on a bus and getting them out of here even though that's image ri that people like to use. the threat of deportation, a decline in welfare benefits for people here illegally will discourage people from coming in the first place. there is a school of thought that i think ted cruz didn't quite hit the mark but i think that's the direction he was headed. >> i think the key to understand is that ted cruz is trying to appeal to that hard core conservative base that he feels is distracted by donald trump. it is not only that he lost to trump but he is saying, i am self-identified as a true conservative. i think he does in it practical terms. to people hike you, the rest us, i suspect people think, we're really going to round up 12 million people and throw them out? is that practical? can we really do that? he said oh, yeah. we can do it.
2:13 pm
we have law enforcement that will do it. i think that most folks when they look at that don't believe it. >> that's what i said. 54% of people in south carolina, republican voters said they were not for that. >> the way sanders is pulling hillary to the left on progressive politics. trump has pulled the field to the anti-immigration point. the reality is trump might be when he calls himself a sensitive conservative, less fiery about this than you actually think. >> final thoughts. the conservative moment is concerned with rubio being part of the gang of eight which provided it. i'm in the camp that says, where are you now? >> meaning go on the record. tell us what you stand for so we can have columns. on immigration or taxes or any of these host of issues. national security, the military. it is important because now this
2:14 pm
is getting really fine tuned. so yes, i'm interested in what you have to say today and what commitment you're willing to make. >> all right. stay tuned. there's much more to come on this republican caucus day. kasich and carson are still vowing to stay in the race. we'll hear from those with candidates when "the five" returns. what makes this simple salad the best simple salad ever? heart healthy california walnuts.
2:15 pm
the best simple veggie dish ever? heart healthy california walnuts. the best simple dinner ever? heart healthy california walnuts. great tasting, heart healthy california walnuts. so simple. get the recipes at walnuts.org.
2:16 pm
2:17 pm
2:18 pm
back now on this election day. once again in nevada. john kasich at this point is an extreme long shot for the nomination. he cannot afford setbacks. yesterday he suffered one and quickly tried to recover. >> how did i get elected? i didn't have anybody for me. we got an army of people who, and many women who left their kitchens to go out and go door to door and to put yard signs up for me. all the way back when things were different. >> there is no question a large part of my career was fueled by women who decided to join the effort and help me to get elected. and you know, let's be real about this. my campaign manager is a woman. she used to be my chief of staff. and if i'm president, who knows? she'll have one of the highest
2:19 pm
positions in the country. >> okay. so john kasich obviously campaigned very hard. people like him. he has a tremendous amount of experience. form he governor, the whole deal. that being the case, what do you think about his candidacy and his chances? >> he is sensible. he's a honda civic. everybody right now wants a humvee. and you know, that's the way it is. as for the kitchen remark, everybody, obviously that was just a ridiculous -- it wasn't anything wrong with it. >> you don't think this will affect -- >> not at all. as he good guy. he got stuff done in ohio. i'm sorry. he is too sensible for this day and age. >> okay. >> it's ridiculous. hillary clinton tweeted about that comment. he did nothing wrong. he said back when i was elected, however many years ago that was. >> it was in 1978. >> 30 something years ago. this is what happened.
2:20 pm
but he clarifies it with, things have changed dramatically. everybody is working now. you do a phone call and no one is home. >> he explained in 1978 he would go to people's kitchen tables and talk about kitchen table issues about the class. >> unfair. >> and you know that the democrats are going to go glob on to anything. >> i happen to agree with you. i don't think -- >> you do? >> however you want to describe it. i must say at the event, a woman, so i assume a republican woman, stood up and said she didn't like the fact that he said it. >> it is likely romney said i had binders full of women. what he men was he had lots of women's resumes so co-figure out if there was, any of them that he would want to hire for positions in the company. >> it is a slim of the tongue. i don't think he meant anything
2:21 pm
by it. let me say in the business of politics where hillary clinton wants to point out that she's a woman and that republicans are tough on women's issues, of course she is going to use it. >> he obviously has a tremendous resume. unbelievable qualifications. and eye on the prize. nobody is going to be surprised unless you take ohio. he is in strong standing. perhaps not going to get the nomination but certainly qualified to do so. but vp. >> i think that, i don't think anybody running right now today, that tonight is hoping to get a good showing out of nevada is running for vice president. they're all running for president. and they all say that they have a pass. even ben carson says he has a pass to the president. >> i don't think he is running form. i think he wants to be president but i think he has to be attractive to a lot of people. >> ohio is a state for democrats and republicans but ohio is a must win for him. having him at the top of the
2:22 pm
ticket or somewhere around and supportive is important. >> ohio, 66 delegates. we're talking about 1237 the to win. i just, the problem is that the thing is, it is winner take all in ohio. so if he drops out before ohio, someone would get 66 delegates they would probably need. >> i saw a poll that said trump is beating kasich in ohio. >> well, juan, you've done your research. we'll skip what i was going to say. a long shot, ben carson, that i had memorized. >> he is like the guy who graduated from high school who is hanging out in the parking lot. it is time to go. and i say that because i like ben carson. you graduated. move on. write the other book. go on vacation. >> save more lives. >> exactly. he's amazing. >> stop taking money from people because you're not really running. >> he is not stealing it. people are giving it. free will.
2:23 pm
>> the question is without the money, why are you there? what is the purpose? and em, i think emthis last night on the air. tortoise and the hare. >> you can't be a tortoise right now. you have to be a hairy hare. >> next, president obama wanted are to shut guantanamo. pet moments are beautiful, unless you have allergies.
2:24 pm
2:25 pm
2:26 pm
then your eyes may see it differently. only flonase is approved to relieve both your itchy, watery eyes and congestion. no other nasal allergy spray can say that. complete allergy relief or incomplete. let your eyes decide. flonase changes everything. fill you with optimism? presentation then you might be gearcentric. ♪ right now, get 25% back in rewards on hp ink, toner, and paper! office depot officemax. gear up for great ®.
2:27 pm
today, president obama announced,es closing gitmo again. >> when it becomes clear that something is not working as intended, when it does not advance our security, we have to change course. the detention facility at guantanamo bay does not advance
2:28 pm
our national security. it journal mines it. it is counter productive because they use it as propaganda in their efforts to recruit. >> when you've become so obsessed with one thing that you ignore everything else, it is the mark of cat lady shelf shunlts family, hygiene, he is so obsessed by it, his house stinks. he knows many will head right back out to kill and it is based on a myth that bad things done to us are caused by mean things we did first, like gitmo. as a recruitfment tool, it brees terror. so i guess to go back to september 11 and attack us, that's crazy. let's make those americans working at gitmo feel great. your president thinks you cause terror. he said he thinks it undermines
2:29 pm
our standing in the world. for that find a west wing mirror. he said gitmo is pricey. the first time in history an elected cares about your money. but without having to judge our enemies like cuba. of all the bad things about cuba, what bugs obama is gitmo? forget the left its turning every person into a popper. gitmo is worse. you know cuba has no freedom of the press. to him that's closing a chapter on our history. makes you wonder what book he's been reading. >> i don't even know what i'm implying there. so you know what his whole thing as president, it is not so we need to change course. he has used that for every single argument. even more egregious is, gitmo undermines our national security. terrorists use to it recruit. is there any proof at all?
2:30 pm
>> name one thing. everyone says these things. give us some proof. next thing. by the numbers. we point out, 95 gitmo detainees still there? 28.6 recidivism? about 26 go to the battlefield? and the last one because i love the money. here's the base. we close gitmo. we'll save $85 million a year. think about this on two levels. $85 million a year. how much will we spend not to have them go back into battle. that means we're spending $120 million a year on 56 detainees. that's what will be left. he will release 35. 56 left. $120 million per year for -- we're spending $2 million per detainee? this is what he's worried about? a few bucks? this is all legacy. >> this is ridiculous. he is putting his own legacy and ego ahead of national security. again. and the future of the american
2:31 pm
people dealing with this. this is ridiculous. everybody knows the guys still left if there, they're nongs worst most violent terrorists. and february 17, you had one of the former bin laden aides basically crowned as one of the top terrorists in the world. so good job. keep on repatriating terrorists in the world and recycling them like dirty laundry. they're coming back out to reoffend. it is so disrespectful to all the men and women who have serve asked worked so hard, lost their lives and limbs to put these guys away for our own president to release them. >> now a moment for another point of view. let me just say -- >> i was going to come to you. but first, for another point of view, i want to go to president obama. >> some of the fears of the public that have been fanned oftentimes by misinformation. there continues to be a fair am of opposition to closing guantanamo. even in an election year, we
2:32 pm
should be able to have an open, honest, good faith dialogue about how to best ensure our national security. and the fact i'm no longer running, joe is no longer running, we're not on the ballot. it gives us the capacity to not have to worry about the politics. >> so juan, a good faith dialogue means agree with obama and he is not on the ballot is translated, i'm going to do whatever i want. >> in fact, he has the option to do what he wants to do through executive action. he has not done so. not only that but people in the military and his old administration said this is not the way to go on this issue. but i want to respond to eric. i think you were wrong over single point. whoa! >> i think if you look at what goes on in guantanamo. who else agrees with this? what evidence is there? i can't tell you how much times military people have said to me.
2:33 pm
>> there it is. >> let me just say -- no, no. let me tell you the number one example of this would be a man who was held as a military prisoner and that's john mccain. a republican. let me finish my point. okay. the second thing to say is, gosh, we have released, i think, the majority of people who were once held at guantanamo bay. and the recidivism rate you talk about. how many are out there recruiting people? there is no shortage of people. >> can i ask you one question? >> i never interrupted you. >> do you think the terrorists will now say, if we bring these detainees to america in colorado, they'll say, okay, we're all good now. we had a problem with gitmo but now we're good. >> now we like you. >> i think there's something to be said about the idea we don't hold people indefinitely without charging them. we don't do this in such a way.
2:34 pm
we put people and leave them there. so what? that's the way we behave. we should not become monsters in this regard. you ask about another person. how about george w. bush? >> because he didn't want to have it but it was necessary. and it is not a hell hole. >> it is better than cuba. >> and venezuela. >> can i make one serious point? >> sure. >> didn't he stop at gitmo and shake the hands of the people who work there? >> don't you think he will and then he'll say by the way, you all get to go home. >> he said because i'm not on the ballot, i don't have to worry about the politics. i'm going to get to that. and he is ignoring the law. 98-2, i think it was, 97-3 in the united states senate said that bipartisan agreement no,
2:35 pm
terrorism will be allowed to be transferred to u.s. soil. that was speaker ryan reiterated that today. >> the shoe bomber, the times square bomber, the airplane bomber, they're all in american prisons properly convicted. at guantanamo bay, no one convicted. >> why? >> why did president obama stop the military tribunals? >> he didn't stop them. because they are going nowhere. they're a waste. >> grinding to a halt. let me tell you on the politics of this. he said he doesn't to have worry about the politics. that i think hillary clinton and the rest democrats running in swing states will disagree. in fact, hillary clinton already has. in colorado about four months ago, doing an interview with local media, she said that it would be fine to bring prisoners to the super max in colorado. then she said no, no, no. so he might not have to worry about it but the democrats do.
2:36 pm
about 89% of the republicans said they supported the idea of the temporary ban on the coming into the country. if you're debby wasserman schultz, you don't like the idea this morning. >> 15 years after 9/11, not a single guilty verdict against anyone at guantanamo bay. >> by the way, all about legacy which would be a great name of a fox news show. the history of hot legs. legacy. >> there you go. kimberly hosts. new development in the race for president. bernie sanders picking up for celebrity endorsements while hillary clinton fights to keep her lead in south carolina ahead of saturday's vote. stay tuned. i'm billy, and i quit smoking with chantix. i had a lot of doubts going in. i was a smoker. hands down, it was, that's who i was. after one week of chantix, i knew i could quit. along with support, chantix (varenicline) is proven to help people quit smoking.
2:37 pm
chantix definitely helped reduce my urge to smoke. some people had changes in behavior, thinking or mood, hostility, agitation, depressed mood and suicidal thoughts or actions while taking or after stopping chantix. some had seizures while taking chantix. if you have any of these, stop chantix and call your doctor right away. tell your doctor about any history of mental health problems, which could get worse or of seizures. don't take chantix if you've had a serious allergic or skin reaction to it. if you have these, stop chantix and call your doctor right away as some can be life-threatening. tell your doctor if you have heart or blood vessel problems, or develop new or worse symptoms. get medical help right away if you have symptoms of a heart attack or stroke. decrease alcohol use while taking chantix. use caution when driving or operating machinery. most common side-affect is nausea. life as a non-smoker is a whole lot of fun. ask your doctor if chantix is right for you. one day a rider made a decision. the decision to ride on and save money. he decided to save money by switching
2:38 pm
his motorcycle insurance to geico. there's no shame in saving money. ride on, ride proud. geico motorcycle, great rates for great rides.
2:39 pm
you're an at&t small business expert? sure am. my staff could use your help staying in touch with customers. at&t can help you stay connected. am i seeing double? no ma'am. our at&t 'buy one get one free' makes it easier for your staff to send appointment reminders to your customers... ...and share promotions on social media? you know it! now i'm seeing dollar signs. you should probably get your eyes checked. good one babe. optometry humor. right now get up to $650 in credits to help you switch to at&t. isn't it time to let the real you shine through? e to severe plaque psoriasis... introducing otezla, apremilast.
2:40 pm
otezla is not an injection, or a cream. it's a pill that treats plaque psoriasis differently. some people who took otezla saw 75% clearer skin after 4 months. and otezla's prescribing information has no requirement for routine lab monitoring. don't take otezla if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. otezla may increase the risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts, or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. side effects may include diarrhea, nausea, upper respiratory tract infection, and headache. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, and if you're pregnant or planning to be. ask your dermatologist about otezla today. have you always told the truth? >> i always try to. i'm going to demonstrate that
2:41 pm
i've always been the same person fighting for the same values. >> hillary clinton is working on her image to prove to voters that she can be trusted. she has her work cut out for her. according to a new gallup poll that come to mind when americans hear her name. dishonest, liar, don't trust, poor character, dislike her. last night, republican front-runner donald trump said she would like to run geg her. she is so badly flawed. she is. she shouldn't be allowed, i would also like to run against a socialist/communist. i don't think our country is ready for communism. >> that gallup poll, not good for hillary clinton. how do you overcome that? >> you have a crony full of baloney. a senior citizen socialist. you have to choose between the two.
2:42 pm
i will take the liar over the socialist. the liar will look out for himself. the socialist will come after you. all politicians lie but socialists loot. the problem is the socialist is more likable than the lifrl bernie is a fuzzy adorable snugly socialist bear. >> the young people do love him. they haven't come out for her yet. i wonder if this reaction by people when they first think of her, if those are the first words that come to mine. liar, dishonest, poor character. >> that's what happens happening to bernie. she is cheating him out of a potential nomination as a candidate because the machine is well oiled and pushing forward despite his popular appeal. and the fact that he is resonating with a substantial amount of the electorate has momentum, the enthusiasm of the young voters and young women as well. that are motivated by his candidacy.
2:43 pm
she has failed to grasp that sizable portion of the electorate that she was counting on and banking on for her candidacy. where do those people go if she is the nominee? will they go ahead and pivot back to her? i think it will depend on who the republican nominee is. >> does it make me totally weak that i feel kind of sorry for her? >> yeah. >> oh, my gosh. >> she's had that untrust worthy moniker the whole way through and they're still voting for her. bernie sanders is running on a people in% trustworthy rate and she's been under 30. do you trust her? it doesn't matter. she crushed it in nevada. >> i think if you're the nominee, it really matters in the general. don't you think? >> i think bill clinton had a very low trustworthy rating and won the presidency twice. and i might point out while we're focused on hillary clinton and bernie sanders, if we go to
2:44 pm
trump, cruz. >> benghazi. >> donald trump has a higher negative favorability rating than hillary. >> historically true. >> benghazi. i think her strength is when people say, as compared to what? as compared to donald trump? as compared to ted cruz? who do i think looks out for me? empathy? they pick hillary clinton. >> now you think she's so special and sweet? i'm just saying, if you want to say who is favorable and not favorable, trump is the -- the way to borrow the winner. >> remember my favorite saying, line written in this election cycle was at the washington brief. if it is a race to the bottom, we can win it. excellent. we'll look ahead to the biggest day of this election cycle.
2:45 pm
super tuesday. coming up in one week. you're driving through the woods when a majestic beast runs into view. then you run into a tree. but your totaled new car isn't totally replaced. with new car replacement, we'll replace the full value of your car plus depreciation. liberty mutual insurance. it takes a lot of work... but i really love it.s. i'm on the move all day long... and sometimes, i just don't eat the way i should. so i drink boost® to get the nutrition that i'm missing. boost complete nutritional drink has 26 essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium and vitamin d to support strong bones and 10 grams of protein to help maintain muscle. all with a great taste.
2:46 pm
i don't plan on slowing down any time soon. look for savings on boost® in your sunday paper.
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
the nevada caucuses are
2:49 pm
tonight but the big today how soon a is coming up a week from now on super tuesday. according to the latest polls, donald trump is expected to fare very well on march 1st. a new survey shows he is ahead in ohio which votes on march feeble. will governor kasich get out ahead in his home state? >> i will beat donald trump. we'll be fine in ohio. what we need to do is have a respectful finish and be able to accumulate delegates as we move forward. >> so greg, when you look at super tuesday -- >> yes, i do. >> is there any way if you were a political strategist, make a suggestion to marco rubio or to ted cruz and say, this is way to beat donald trump. >> i think you have to get beyond platitudes and promises and get to the specifics. and challenge donald on foreign policy.
2:50 pm
he is supposed to be a great businessman. go after him on that. >> the election is so different than anything i've been involved in. when the laws of gravity no longer apply, we're in unchartered waters. i think it does speak to a lot of people. for example, remember last year, the poll came out and said that neither party had a majority of american support anymore. they are a majority of independents. that some people look at that. conservatives, who need to turn out. not just here but if he wins in the general election. they hear that and they say, we think we are common sensical. remember, the line spoke to me. i liked it. i can understand why conservatives said, do you mean the conservatives policies aren't compassionate? and there was argument there.
2:51 pm
i don't know how i would advise anybody else. >> let me come to eric on another point. tonight in nevada, it is a caucus state. donald trump organize in a caucus state and then going into super tuesday where you have multiple states and you have to control multiple get out the vote operations. does donald trump have the ground game to deliver? it is just insane. >> bad for them too. the ballot in nevada for your vote. in nevada, 33 to 50,000 people will decide 30 delegates. >> what about, they do very well there. nothing to do with him doing well or not. >> what about organization? >> so you asked greg a question. what should cruz or rubio do? by the numbers, one has to get out of the race. super tuesday, 600 delegates.
2:52 pm
if trump gets a third of those only, he is up to 300 and some delegates. then it goes to winner take all. he is winning in one of the winner take all states. >> you haven't answered my question about the ground game. >> i think he's proven that. thank you for the question, sir. move on. >> more than a third of republican voters said, i really haven't made up my mind yet. >> good. if what you want is to take back the white house and someone that can win and shore up support, you should think about who that candidate could be. somebody that, you want somebody who can beat hillary clinton who will be the nominee and win in the general election and peel away some moderates and independents to come to the republican side and vote and support that candidate. that's what you should be looking at. >> don't miss "the five" super tuesday pre game show this single at 5:00 p.m. eastern. one more thing up next. pet moments are beautiful,
2:53 pm
unless you have allergies. then your eyes may see it differently. only flonase is approved to relieve both itchy, watery eyes and congestion. no other nasal allergy spray can say that. when we breathe in allergens our bodies react by over producing six key inflammatory substances that cause our symptoms. most allergy pills only control one substance. flonase controls six. and six is greater than one. complete allergy relief or incomplete. let your eyes decide. flonase. 6>1 changes everything.
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
time for one more thing. >> rise of walking and texting. you've probably run into something. have you ever run into a beautiful piece of art? sophie sculpted this, it was called the kiss. two hands at salisbury cathedral
2:57 pm
in england. they had to have a crane move it. people were not even paying attention to the art and the beautiful cathedral around them. because of walking and texting, they had to move it because it was a health hazard. i'm glad you sent us the video. pay attention when you're walking. >> greg's identity news. we've watched a lot of people deciding who they want to be. a white woman who decided she wanted to be black. you had shawn king decide to be black. what if you decided you wanted to be a cheeseburger? a man sam smith has named himself to bacon double cheeseburger. he did this after a night of drinking. big surprise, his mother and his fiance are unhappy about this. but his dad thinks it is hysterical. i think this is fantastic. >> you can make fun of him but
2:58 pm
you're not walking around, you can call me bacon and double cheeseburger. i'm going to change my name is kimberly sal ami. >> last night, kevin spacey in house of cards under veiled his presidential portrait at the national portrait gallery in washington, d.c. >> and i wonder if the 30 million people who visit this inls constitution every year will pass by this portrait and see the image of a calm, determined president ready for any challenge. >> or if this paging is hung at just the right height, viewers will wonder instead if i'm about to kick them in the face. >> this is real. >> no, it's not. >> he really did it and it will be on public view starting wednesday through october. >> that's wrong. >> this is becoming urban legend. >> so life is about happy moments and sad moments.
2:59 pm
last night i had both. first, wayne rogers, a beloved colleague, passioned away recently. juan and i attend ad memorial service for wayne. there's his picture in the middle. a very, very nice service. alan alda was there, loretta switt. i had a good chance to meet one my friends. steve will appear on american election headquarters tonight talking about the nevada caucuses and here's me being really nerdy taking a picture of myself in front of picasso. >> i'm sorry about your loss. let's talk about attraction and who we might be attracted to and whether or not we have a lasting relationship. people say opposites attract. like me and greg. that's not going to work out. the daily mail had it that apparently a better chance to stay together if you're similar. more like birds of a feather flock together.
3:00 pm
>> so gay marriage. >> perfect. i guess. if you mean same sex. did "special report." the. president obama makes a last-ditch effort to fulfill a promise he made on his first day in office. this is special report. dwhn. >> good evening and welcome to fox news world headquarters in new york city. president obama laid out his plan to close the detention facility at guantanamo bay cuba today. it would fulfill his promise to shutter the the central but would bring the detainees to the u.s. that is facing stiff

99 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on