Skip to main content
Internet Archive's 25th Anniversary Logo

tv   The Five  FOX News  September 16, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
hello, everyone. i'm with ebony williams, eric bolling, megan mccain, and greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city, and this is "9 fi the five." >> the obama birther controversy was reborn yesterday. it was buried for good today? this morning, hillary clinton pounced on the opportunity to tear into donald trump for declining to tell the "washington post" where he stands on the president's citizenship now. >> for five years he has led the birther movement to delegitimatized our first black
2:01 pm
president. his campaign was founded on this outrageous lie. there is no erasing it in history. just yesterday, trump again refused to say with his own words that the president was born in the united states. barack obama was born in america, plain and simple. and donald trump owes him and the american people an apology. >> is clinton the one who owes the president an apology? didn'ter didn't her supporters kick off the birther movement in 2008? >> when this photo of obama in ceremonial african tribal dress during a visit to kenya was featured prominently on the internet and attributed to people in the clinton campaign, senator clinton disavowed any knowledge of it. >> will you take senator obama at his word that -- you don't believe he's a muslim? >> no. there is nothing to -- to base that on. as far as i know.
2:02 pm
>> trump told the "post" he wanted to answer the birther question at the right time, and that time came today. >> hillary clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy. i finished it. i finished it. you know what i mean. president the barack obama was born in the united states, period. now we all want to get back to making america strong and great again. [ applause ] >> okay, eric, so does this answer the question he wanted to definitively say, he said, look, the president was born in the united states, period? >> so, let's clarify it a little bit right here. so back in 2008, there was a supporter who sent that e-mail around with the picture.
2:03 pm
>> of hillary's. >> the public of president obama in the -- >> hillary supporter. >> right. hillary supporter. so the campaigns went back and forth in 2008. it's not like republicans now or conservatives or trump people are painting this as she started it. that's not what happened. david pleth worked for senator obama at the time when he was running against hillary. her campaign was crashing and burning during the primary. she wasn't going get the nod. she wasn't going to be the nominee. this started to go around, and pluth working for obama said, wait a minute, clinton, you did this, and the campaign started fighting this way. this started amongst them democrats in 2008. fast forward to now, it gets brought -- >> they built that? >> yeah. great point. they built that. fast forward to now, "washington post" tries to corner donald trump, asks him about it. he probably could have said put it to rest right away during the interview, but he didn't for whatever reason. but fixed it today with a 20-second response saying, look, this is done, let's move on. bottom line, she's on the ropes.
2:04 pm
the deplorables comment followed by her health questions, her numbers are tanking right now. and he's in the zone. he's going to flint, michigan, he's saying and doing all the right things. they needed something. and it's evident -- the fear in the campaign, you can see it. on twitter, hillary clinton doesn't tweet all that much. over the last couple of days, they are on fire trying to get him back into that place where he fights back and he's smart. he's kicking back going, i'm not going to get sucked in this time. >> all right. what do you think? they tried to resurrect it, breathe new life into the birther movement. is it going to work for her because, you know, bolling's right. i think she's on the ropes in trying to gain traction and poke holes in him. >> this is a one-day story i think at the most. this is friday. i think it's going to dissipate over the weekend. her lead is evaporating. we're not talking about like you said her emails, her passing out like a zombie in "the walking dead" at the 9/11 memorial. we're not talking about, you know, her basket of deplorables comments.
2:05 pm
we're not talking about any of that now. now you we're talking about how all republicans are racist, we're racist everywhere. this is an old, old, old story. i'm sick of talking about it. i would have preferred donald trump to say he was born in the united states, we're moving past this, and move on. it's just neat to liberals and the liberal media to spin this. i think it's a one-day story, and she still has a ton of problems. >> craig, what do you think? >> this was the break glass in case of emergency issue. >> yeah. >> they were going to have to use this at some point. and they could -- they saw you that -- the only person that had a worse week than hillary was bill because he had to deal with hillary during this worst week ever. >> and the body double -- >> her campaign was on the verge of collapse. this -- they had to do this. having said that, this is a legitimate issue because whether or not -- it's true, and i even brought it up weeks ago that it was somebody in hillary's campaign that did this, trump is the ob, the original birther. he's been pushing the story for years and ends it in 27 seconds.
2:06 pm
he was married to this theory, and then it's lake a quickie vegas divorce like, hey, 27 second, we're done, let's move on. and it's such an aboutface. what i think would be great is if obama did exactly the same and comes on and says, wait a second, i was born in kenya. you know, i got four months left, i was born in kenya would be hilarious. i don't think he will do that. i do think that -- >> no. >> he really debated this -- >> i do think you have to be -- these are compatible stories. the clinton campaign did have a role in this. but you can't excuse donald for pushing this for a long time with very explicit and very -- and very complete tweets about him not being born in the united states. >> you can't excuse donald trump, but i don't think it's a coincidence that this is the narrative that she's using and liberals are pouncing on. i got so many tweets all day. sorry, the middle east is on fire. the economy is in the tank. we have so many problems. the worst humanitarian crisis
2:07 pm
since world war ii raging in syria right now. and you know what we're talking about? the birther issue. >> it helped her. >> do you know who put a fire hose on hillary's birther issue? president obama did. earlier today he goes, don't we have more important things to talk about than my birth certificate? i think -- he said, i'm pretty sure i was born in hawaii. >> what's that tell you? >> you sure, greg? you saying he wasn't fully sure? >> here we go. >> you are a conspiracy theorist. welcome. >> here's the things -- after seven years in the white house, i'm certainly glad that donald trump is satisfied to know that barack obama was born here in the united states. i'm going to get to hillary in a minute. i want to talk about why this is good politics for donald trump and was well played by him. -- his base is not going to band him. the base that still buys into the fact that obama was born elsewhere, they're not going to leave him for coming out today and acknowledging the truth. but this is where it's good for him. there are people in this country now that are still trying to decide is donald trump a president or a crazy conspiracy theorist? and for those people, this can kind of work at his advantage to
2:08 pm
dissipate some of that belief. now, about hillary clinton, though, i had to laugh when she talked about him coming for the first black president. hillary clinton, you did and said everything you possibly could to make sure that barack obama would not be america's first black president, including the fact that her supporters -- ian, you're right. trump could put this to bed again and say you know, hillary, maybe you didn't say it, but your supporters did, your volunteers did. this was not originated completely by me. and call her out on it. i remember who hillary clinton showed herself to be in 2007. and i will not forget it. people who want to sit and look like they have amnesia now, they will do so at their own peril. she showed exactly who she was in the primary. >> the clip where she said "as far as i know," that's like saying i don't think he murdered anyone, as far as i know. that's not a good -- >> she always it. that's who she was. for someone who was paying like very -- i was looking for who her core was. i've had long suspicions around hillary and bill clinton and their true nature of their
2:09 pm
relationship with the black community. and like i said, she showed me exactly what she was during that primary. >> that's interesting. so to follow up on that, do you think also in terms of african-american communities, sorts of a reminder that kind of the -- the dispersions that were cast upon president obama that her camp didn't really quell at the time. >> they didn't, kimberly. today to the congressional black caucus, many of whose members i remember, but kind of rally around hillary clinton and be protectionist for her on this issue is absolutely appalling to me. you cannot act like this woman is not done and -- has not done and said things that she has in reference to the president. it's important. i know how much she's depended on the coalition, that almighty obama coalition to save the day for her. you've got to be accountable for what you've said and done. >> there's an interesting corolla corollary. the other side of the coin is president obama when he's senator running against senator clinton said nasty things about her. and now if you juxtapose what he
2:10 pm
said in '07 and '08 during the campaign to what he's saying now, it's vastly different. at one point he said she's -- one of the most dishonest politicians around. and wenta, long that vein. now he's saying vote for her. it -- >> he's got to see that, but colin powell told us all what the real deal is. and i loved those emails for that. look, again, that nastiness that went down in that primary doesn't go away just because. political convenience. >> true. there's another as peck, too, especially when she is -- aspects, too, especially when she's saying i'm the candidate for you, i'm the champion of african-americans, of minority communities new york stock exchange 2008, obama's campaign manager actually accused the clinton campaign of shameful, offensive fear mongering with circulating the post. the photo that tried to smear obama -- >> that was pluth. >> appeared on "the drudge report" first, the website, with
2:11 pm
obama dressed as he was a somali elder. you couple these things together -- >> that was the plan. they wanted to cast him as an other. >> here's the things -- you know what's interesting, too, is that hillary is doing exactly what she's accusing trump of doing with david duke. everybody saying -- trump, why don't you condemn the people who support you for what they believe in, like when -- when david duke -- but then she should be condemning her supporters, the people in her campaign that pushed the birther idea. and she didn't because the birther idea, the birther conspiracy -- >> served her. >> and your father was so graceful -- >> i was going to say, none of these candidates' hands are clean. the only one i remembervis avowing this hands down was my father. >> was he born here, though? wasn't he born in panama? wasn't he born in canada? >> he's on a military base -- >> i rest my case. he was born in panama in an air force base base. >> my dad, ted cruz, nobody's born in america. >> that's true. >> here's the point -- if you
2:12 pm
bring it up in terms of that, it has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with location of birth. look, he can say he didn't say or did, he also suggested that ted cruz, is he a viable candidate for president. it has nothing to do with race. >> ted cruz isn't technically a man of color, though. >> cuban. >> yeah, he's cuban. i do think there is something to -- >> my god -- >> is he not? >> yes. >> okay. >> i didn't think of that. he has -- >> i'm just saying that the lens of otherness, people do like that. i'm saying. >> trump went after cuba, but what was it about -- not a lot of evangelicals come from cuba. that's what he said. >> yeah. cruz is from canada. >> the criticism about conspiracy theories when -- i hate conspiracy theories, but to go after trump about that -- >> no idea what you're missing. >> i know. >> it's so much fun. >> i'm trying to say that the left, the left started the art,
2:13 pm
the fine art of conspiracy theories. they believed -- they pushed -- >> they birthed it. >> believed aids was created by the cia, in the '80s. the water fluoridation weakens us, jfk was killed perhaps by richard nixon. >> 9/11 -- >> the pentagon was hit by a missile. >> 9/11 -- >> spying on us. >> no, oil companies, you know, were investing and invading iraq. >> i'll say this final point. bill clinton was the originator of speaking to this underclass, you know, white america that was very much afraid of what could lie in front of them. and that's what he ran on in arkansas to be governor. he ran on in 1992 to be president. for hillary clinton to pull this, it's the -- the hypocrisy is astounding. >> book. >> it got the conversation off her health for one day. >> for one day. >> we would have led the show about her health. and we didn't. >> that's monday. >> yes. >> not getting off the hook. >> i had to rewrite the whole show. >> we're going to bump into a special report because this is a serious show. ahead on "the five," bill
2:14 pm
o'reilly thinks he knows why the mainstream media is so biased. you'll hear from him. >> and later -- yep, facebook friday coming your way. post your questions for us now on our page. facebook.com/thefivefnc. a quick note, sunday miss "fox news sunday." you know why? george clooney is on. >> george clooney! >> handsome. catch that special exclusive on fox news at 2:00 or 6:00 p.m. eastern or on the fox broadcasting network.
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
new clients? let's go meet them soon. in person, we could read the room. on the phone, you're just a voice. yeah, i'm good. for fast rewards, let's book on choice. this trip could really help us grow. ♪ should i stay or should i go? ♪ when it's time to go for business, book on choicehotels.com and get a free night when you stay with us two times. book direct at choicehotels.com
2:17 pm
2:18 pm
♪ a new poll shows american trust in the media has sunk to a new low. wonder why. only 32% trust the news to be
2:19 pm
reported fairly and accurately according to the gallup survey, down 8% from last year. bill o'reilly took the biased media to task last night on "the factor." >> the question becomes why is it so difficult to simply report in a state way without a tilt? the answer, emotion. editors of many press operations now believe there they're on a mission to save the usa from a guy like trump and the deplorables who support him. same on the clinton side. a few, and i mean a few news concerns, believes she's not honest and are out to yet her. that kind of advocacy hurts the folks. >> both clinton, trump, and president obama i, i guess all three not both, have been playing into the distrust. >> the dishonest media, these people, the most dishonest people you're going to ever find. the media is disgusting. >> i have been somewhat heart
2:20 pm
heartened by the member of articles recently pointing out the quite disparate treatment of trump and his campaign compared to ours. i don't understand the reasons for it. i find it frustrating. >> i'm not running this town, but i sure do get frustrated with the way this campaign is coming. i'm just telling the truth. >> so i have noticed recently -- i don't know if it's been going on for a long time, but for some reason i noticed recently i'll be watching msnbc, and will there will be a banner. see the banner there? they'll put something there. lately they've been editorializing on the banner. >> yeah. >> the trump -- falsely claims dot, dot, dot. should they be doing that? >> i don't know. i have a feeling that the public is getting tired of the way the news is being dlielivered. the reason why "the five" is successful is we deliver the news differently.
2:21 pm
there's not a lot of cross talk. there's no interruption. on other shows, there's five boxes of parrots trying to push ten minutes of investigation into 30-second blurbs. we have been around each other long enough that we have these conversations. we sound like how people sound at home. the problem with a lot of this news, it doesn't sound like the way people talk anymore because everybody's rushed. they'd rather be memorable than factual. people should really be skeptical of the news. i came up with a list of things. the media has been so wrong on about health items in particular. you know, cell phones, the coming ice age, transfats, ddt, artificial sweeteners, bird flu, genetically modified food, now vaping. they can't trust the media to have an objective point of view. that leads to my conclusion -- abandon the concept of objectivity. if people know and see you're bias, isn't that better? sean hannity will tell you he's voting for trump and that he talks to trump. that is healthier than "the new york times" saying, we are
2:22 pm
objective, we don't support hillary or trump when you know they support hillary. >> he also hosts an opinion show paid for -- >> he's honest about his beliefs. he's not pretending to be something he's not. advocacy is good if you tell people you're advocating. >> good for it. >> yeah. i agree. i mean, that's why our show works because we'll cover news of the day. and on a variety of different topics and give our opinion. you are supposed to. when you sit in these chairs, you have opinions and lay it out there. so it has its time, it has its place. then we have a separate news division that will go through people like -- like bill hemmer, et cetera, go through -- >> shep -- >> shepherd smith, the news desk. that's how it works. i think you get what you're looking for in a variety of different capacity at fox news which i think is honest and transparent in terms of how we approach it. that's why it works. >>en these, what do you think -- millennials, young people. how would they -- do they want to see as kimberly points out
2:23 pm
the straight news, fact, fact, fact, bring someone for an opinion, get out, fact, fact, fact, or do they want to see something as greg points out more relaxed in nature? >> i think millennials like this because you they can get the straight news from twitter. news is different now. so they can get the headline from social media, from twitter, what have you. i think they absolutely like to tune in to something that gives them perspective on the headline. that's what we're doing. i think it's valuable and appreciated. i think the problem gets in where old-school news doesn't make room for that distinction that kg laid out, objective stuff versus advocacy and things like that. so there's confusion. like you know, if you're not clear on that separateness, then you're going to be confused. >> megan, how do we do better? what does the media need to do -- to regain the public sfluft. >> technology has been a great mediator for this. now journalists don't get away with the same things they used to. if president obama's attending a wedding or you're attending the wedding of a high person on the
2:24 pm
hillary clinton campaign, i can't believe that you're going to report on there and the democrats in any kind of way that's not completely biased. there's a lot of back room liberal media, democrat stuff that goes on. i've seen it firsthand, and everyone knows who the people are. chris matthews, i'm looking at you with your tingle young people leg. the great -- tingle up your leg. the great things about twitter is people are biased. make the distinction, are you a hardline journalist or opinion person? if you are hanging out and have a close personal friend high up on the clinton campaign or president obama, maybe you shouldn't be in the industry. >> that's why i have no friends. >> stephanopoulos used to work for bill clinton -- >> exactly. >> and donated heavily to the clinton foundation. >> exactly. >> they rely on him to ask hillary clinton questions on the -- an important sunday morning talk show. >> 100%. he makes me insane. he is close friends with them. he worked for them. he gave money to the clinton foundation. i don't understand how i should be taking him seriously. >> to be fair, we have truth in sentencing of trump interviewing trump here. >> absolutely.
2:25 pm
>> yes. yes. but it's a lot more egregious on the left. >> what? i don't know about that. >> there's a distinction with the opinion shows -- >> right. you watch, you know, bill o'reilly, he starts his show with the talking points memo. it is an opinion piece. that's what he does. then you watch sean hannity, that is where of a conservative covering the news, we'll give opinion, and showcased. that's why "the five" works. we give our opinion, we're not trying to fool anyone. no one here is phony. you get what you see. we're not saying, listen, this is like the news crawl straight across -- >> no one's under the impression that i don't have a slants. george stephanopoulos is trying to present himself as a newsman to everyone. there is a distinct difference between that and an opinion personality. i have to push back on that a little bit. >> you know, i resent that. >> as long as you don't resemble it. all right. >> we're good. >> we'll leave it right there. susan's in my ear again. ahead, the third-party factor in this election. who gets hurt by a four-way race more, clinton or trump? we'll debate that next.
2:26 pm
"great news. you're covered?" no. it said, "blah blah blah blah..." the liberty mutual app with coverage compass™ makes it easy to know what you're covered for and what you're not. liberty mutual insurance. siriusxm's free listening event that's might be over,ckin'. but now you can turn us back on with packages starting at $5.99 a month, plus fees. just call 855-874-7743 to keep hearing all the things that make you love taking the long way home. ♪ so call 855-874-7743 or visit siriusxm.com/getsxm to turn us back on. and up.
2:27 pm
across new york state, from long island to buffalo, from rochester to the hudson valley, from albany to utica, creative business incentives, infrastructure investment, university partnerships, and the lowest taxes in decades are creating a stronger economy and the right environment in new york state for business to thrive. let us help grow your company's tomorrow- today at business.ny.gov ...as a combination of see products.. and customers. every on-time arrival is backed by thousands of od employees, ...who make sure the millions of products we ship arrive without damages. because od employees treat customer service... ...like our most important delivery. od. helping the world keep promises. the wolf was huffing and puffing.
2:28 pm
like you do sometimes, grandpa? well, when you have copd, it can be hard to breathe. it can be hard to get air out, which can make it hard to get air in. so i talked to my doctor. she said... symbicort could help you breathe better, starting within 5 minutes. symbicort doesn't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden symptoms. symbicort helps provide significant improvement of your lung function. symbicort is for copd, including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. it should not be taken more than twice a day. symbicort contains formoterol. medicines like formoterol increase the risk of death from asthma problems. symbicort may increase your risk of lung infections, osteoporosis, and some eye problems. you should tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure before taking it. symbicort could mean a day with better breathing. watch out, piggies! (children giggle) symbicort. breathe better starting within 5 minutes. call or go online to learn more about a free trial offer. if you can't afford your medication, astrazeneca may be able to help. when this busy family... ...got a cracked windshield...
2:29 pm
...their dad went to the new safelite-dot-com... ...and scheduled a replacement... ...in just a few clicks. with safelite you don't have to miss a thing. y'all did wonderful! thank you. (girls sing) safelite repair, safelite replace.
2:30 pm
a lot of voters remain undecided with less than two months to go before election day. third-pear candidates gary johnson and jillstein are hoping to pull off a miracle to draw voters away there donald trump and hillary clinton. which nominee is hurt more with both of them in the race? here's political guru larry sabato. >> convinced that especially in the swing states, gary johnson, believe it or not, is hurting clinton more than trump. why? because he's become a parking space for so many of those millennials who supported obama but you don't like clinton. and of course, jill stein from clinton takes almost nothing from trump. >> a new quinnipiac poll backs up his theory. it shows young voters have turned toward third-party candidate, particularly gary johnson, who is in second place among voters age 18 to 34. ebony, i want to go to you first
2:31 pm
because we had this conversation before the show. are you surprised so many millennial voters are going third party instead of hillary or trump? >> not at all. makes complete sense to me. see, they're not going to go to trump. trump is struggling with young voters. that's consistent and obvious. he's also struggling with college-educated white voters. those are places where hillary clinton could be making up groundwork. a lot of those happen to be what bernie sanders supporters who when they said never hillary meant it. so therefore, johnson and stein will reap the benefits. i would love to see the number on how many rightin candidate this year. i think it's going to be a lot more than we're used to seeing. >> kimberly, you and i have the same disdain for gary johnson. both of us believe in strong national security. >> yes. >> i'm shocked this guy is getting as much as he is even from millennials. >> i get the small government type of things, cutting back, being financially fiscally responsible. i couldn't disagree with him more from a national security or foreign policy standpoint. and i think that he has proved himself to not be well equipped
2:32 pm
with the facts, the circumstances or pressing need to be able to defeat a radical islamic jihad in this world. so to me, i don't -- maybe because the younger people are not as concerned about that and they're like searching for something, but i think overall fine, stay in the race because i think he's taking -- he's taking away voters from hillary clinton. >> are you big -- a big jill stein fan? >> i like all -- here's the things -- gary johnson's still getting 9% now because it's polling, it's not going to be the actual number. at the end when you counsel these totals, going to be 60 million, 60 million. he's not going to get ten million. that would be 9% -- here's what it is, these candidates, clinton and trump, have such high unfavorables. people are looking for anywhere to go other than these two. and for now, right now, they'll say gary johnson, the guy didn't know about aleppo.
2:33 pm
i mean, he is not a viable candidate -- there's no way he gets ten million. when we pull the lever come november 8th, he'll get 1%, 2%. it won't be a relevant factor to who wins. >> i agree with that. greg, do you think he should have made it to the debate stage? he didn't. >> if he doesn't get the numbers i don't think he should. i will push back. aleppo as a gaffe is not as bad as kissing putin's ass or praising a north korean dictator because they're so powerful because they can kill people at will, kimberli. don't stick your tongue out at me. >> most people don't mind. >> i just -- >> oh, my. >> now i've lost my train of thought. you know what the third party -- >> he didn't make it to the debate stage. >> to your point which is -- the right point is that because there's -- you know what it is, like when you're a child going to a fancy restaurant and there's nothing good on the menu except the children's menu. that's what this -- that's what gary johnson and jill stein is
2:34 pm
because everything on the french menu that your parents are ordering -- >> chicken fingers. >> like all the young people -- >> mac and cheese, tater tots. >> the young people going for the chicken fingers andtator tots. >> except if chicken fingers would let isis grow and it would be super dangerous for national security. about gary millennials don't johnson. they don't even know that -- >> they don't like him. >> nay just know he's not hillary clinton -- they just know he's not hillary clinton and not donald trump. >> they should google him because he's dangerous when it comes to national security. >> come on! >> donald trump -- he's very dangerous. donald trump drops by the "tonight show" again. >> i'm not thrilled about apologizing, but you i'-- but il apologize if i'm wrong. >> have you ever played the board game "sorry"? >> no, i sort of like "monopoly" better than "sorry." [ laughter ] >> at one point, he actually let fallon mess up his legendary hair. see that kodak moment for yourself next. if you have moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis,
2:35 pm
and you're talking to your doctor about your medication... this is humira. this is humira helping to relieve my pain and protect my joints from further damage. this is humira helping me go further. humira works for many adults. it targets and helps to block a specific source of inflammation that contributes to ra symptoms. humira has been clinically studied for over 18 years. humira can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections and cancers, including lymphoma, have happened, as have blood, liver and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. ready for a new chapter? talk to your rheumatologist. this is humira at work.
2:36 pm
i had a wonderful time tonight. me too! call me tomorrow? i'm gonna send a vague text in a couple of days, that leaves you confused about my level of interest. i'll wait a full two days before responding. perfect! we're never gonna see each other again, will we? no-no. wouldn't it be great if everyone said what they meant? the citi double cash card does. it lets you earn double cash back. 1% when you buy and 1% as you pay. the citi double cash card. double means double. it's not just a car... it's your daily retreat. go ahead, spoil yourself. the es and es hybrid. this is the pursuit of perfection. ♪"my friends know me so well.
2:37 pm
they can tell what i'm thinking, just by looking in my eyes. but what they didn't know was that i had dry, itchy eyes. i used artificial tears from the moment i woke up... ...to the moment i went to bed. so i finally decided to show my eyes some love,... ...some eyelove. eyelove means having a chat with your eye doctor about your dry eyes because if you're using artificial tears often and still have symptoms, it could be chronic dry eye. it's all about eyelove, my friends. dear freshpet, zooka had digestive problems and wouldn't eat. then i fed him freshpet.
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
donald trump paid another visit to the "tonight show" and used the opportunity to clear up his relationship with vladimir putin and talked about his next debate. >> look, i don't know him, and you know -- know nothing about him really. i think we got along with russia that's not a bad things. we're getting along with other countries. i don't know. what i want is what's right for the country. that's all that matters to me. [ cheers ] i never debated before the other 11 -- i was in 1 debates if the primary system. and i loved it. i really like doing it, but i never debated professionally or from a political standpoints before. but i enjoyed that process. and i look forward to the next debate. >> you happy now, greg? >> maybe. >> it wasn't all serious talk. here were some of the lighter moments.
2:40 pm
>> you pay attention to the polls? >> oh, i love the polls. but i don't pay attention -- [ laughter ] >> if i'm losing or lagging, i never mention it. >> i saw your childhood home is for sale. >> wow. i want to see that. oh, that's sad to look at that. i want to buy it. >> can i mess your hair up? [ laughter ] did you say yes? >> go ahead. my hair -- [ laughter ] [ drum roll ] >> all right. now i feel like president barack obama got a lot of heat and gets heat when he does a lot of these, and he does a lot of these late-night shows and daytime television to show his personality. do you think it's helpful for a candidate at this point in the election two months out? >> yeah. i think it's -- humanizes him. trump gets into it -- a lot of things he says, he says off the cuff, he's conversational. he'll say something, and then the media and -- his opponents will drill in, well, what do you mean if putin says something nice about you you'll say something nice about him?
2:41 pm
he talks like if you were having a beer with him. and he -- he really probably shouldn't do it at this point in the game. he should stick to the script and stop doing it, otherwise he has to do things like this. sitting on fallon and exactly exactly what he men every time. and another sense, though, it's what's really attracted a lot of people to him because he talks like someone you would be having a beer with. >> this is megan mccain live, right is presidential candidates there just like -- >> they're just like us. >> very funny. >> can i say some something. >> sure. >> thank you. last night jimmy fallon was taking heat on twitter for not doing a serious interview. i was like, is jimmy fallon supposed to be edward are. murrow? you know why jimmy fallon is number one on late night and stephen colbert is tanking? every time he's on he's lecturing me about being a conservative and a republican, and jimmy fallon keeps it apolitical. i don't need fallon to ask hard-hitting political interviews. that's what the people in the debate will do. i think the hair moment where he's messing up his hair, i think that could be up there with bill clinton on the
2:42 pm
saxophone. >> could he do that to hillary clinton? if he goes, can i mess up your hair? >> that's not going to fly. she office fallon, that will be out next week. will that work for her? she seems to struggle with the personality connectedness. >> three things, one, you're absolutely right. if fallon was having that much fun with hillary clinton or obama, there wouldn't have been any complaints. it happened to be a republican. and you could not do that with hillary clinton because there are gender differences. if you were to touch a woman like that, you would be gone. this is a huge victory for the republican party because we've been griping about this for years. that the republican has a -- the republican party has a hard time finding team who can survive talk shows. now imagine this -- last night you had a republican cracking jokes on a talk show while the democrat is hiding in the attic. this is a -- a rollover -- >> this is the establishment hiding, right, and this is somebody who's not of that
2:43 pm
world. >> but the point is -- >> flowers in the attic? >> we have reversed -- this is a very person point. andrew breitbart said that politics is downstream from culture. donald trump is the first candidate to come from culture. that is why he can do these shows and previous republicans couldn't. >> very good. i like that. >> i agree. i think he's uniquely positioned. >> he is. he's approachable. when you get to know and know the trump family and donald trump, likeable, approachable, he lets his hair get ruffled, et cetera, to dispel any bizarre hair rumors. i think this only helps him. he's funny. good on "fallon." good on "saturday night live." i think it's great. >> i was told that fallon did tug on hillary's hair -- >> not true. >> no -- >> dumb move.
2:44 pm
2:45 pm
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
from washington -- >> john mclachlan. facebook friday. let's do this. kimberly, you're up first. this is from monday h., interesting name. if you are to be invisible for
2:48 pm
just one hour, what will you do then? one hour? >> okay, one hour? i could do a lot in an hour. i will delve go to -- maybe to the brain, the nerve instructions and i would go and kill them at raqqah. >> i don't think i could do that. >> can i skip and say i had the same things? i had 30 minutes in the isis morning strategy meeting and 30 minutes in obama's strategy. >> i don't want to sit in on meetings. yeah. >> great. spend an hour in a meeting. i'd like to be in a meeting. >> take notes. >> exactly. exactly. >> no notes here. no pens involved. >> if time and space are no option, i want to be in the van after hillary passes out and hear what everybody's saying inside and what they say in chelsea's apartment. that's where i'm going with that. >> good job. we're a great team. >> yeah. >> raqqah -- >> in sync today. >> i would want to be in the chambers of the supreme court after oral arguments for something big and hear like the discussions after that.
2:49 pm
that would be awesome to me. >> cerebral. >> if i have an hour, i would go to the laundera mat. i want to know what martinizing is, it's always one-hour martinizing. >> that's a dry cleaning term. >> yes. >> that's what you would do? >> yeah. i want to see if they're really cleaning my shirts -- >> one-hour photo. >> raqqah, hillary clinton's van, terrorism -- >> i don't think they're really cleaning my shirts. i don't think they're cleaning my shirts. i think they're just ironing them. right? >> #priorities. >> i've had that suspicion for a long time. i'm going to get to the bottom or to the top. >> i think they restarch them sometimes. >> we'll be right back -- from lillian. ebony, lillian h. -- could that be lillian helmand? no, these dead. if you were a moderator at the first debate, what is the one question you would have to ask? >> i got one. >> i would want to know first order of business from each candidate. first things you're going do, first task in the white house. >> how about you? >> strategy to defeat isis.
2:50 pm
specifics. >> all right. how about you? >> how are you going fix the v.a.? be specific. >> kimberly? >> mine would definitely be national security and isis, what they would do for sure. >> i will say where would i be in the new administration, that would be the first question. >> i was hoping you'd say what are martinizing -- >> what are we going to do about one-hour martinizing? are they really cleaning our shirts? >> and why do women get charged more for dry cleaning? >> so true. never mind. frank v., i'll start with you, megan mccain, what would you consider the perfect meal including drink and desserts? >> steak, potatoes, grilled onions, jack, and coke. simple. my favorite meal. >> i know how to make you happy. eric? >> i lost 15 pound on this exact diet. chicken pounded thin so there's no breading at all, grilled with steamed spinach and vodka with club soda. >> mm. >> what about magic juice?
2:51 pm
>> sound -- producers saying it's boring. it's boring, but it tastes great, and it works. >> ebony? >> lasagna, side salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and a glass of cab. >> mm. >> mm. so many choices. >> yes. appetizer? salami sliced, thick and lean. i love everything. i love fried chicken, for sure. >> i love fried chicken. >> i love it. i love mashed potatoes. >> who doesn't? except for the potato. >> they don't have feelings. don't worry -- >> you sure? >> yes. >> they have eyes. they're watching you. >> let her finish. >> and i love cheesecake. that's delicious. and strawberry shortcake for my birthday. that's also fantastic. i also like wine. red or white. >> yeah.
2:52 pm
>> you don't see color. that's what i like about you. i've had enough of you. >> i only see excellence. >> i would say ribs from georgia's with extra sauce and dark and stormys. >> my god, i tried one of those. >> so good. >> for the first time. they were unbelievable. my friend anne, it was very good. >> they're telling me to tease now -- the last question was what's your favorite things to do -- >> pigs in a blanket! i can't leave it out. >> i was going to say what's your favorite things to do during the fall season? >> in a blanket. >> so beautiful in the fall. >> "walking dead" comes back. >> yeah. >> boy. zombie apop lips. >> jack and coke -- apocalypse. >> jack and coke. >> watch a hillary clinton video. >> i love trick-or-treating. it's the greatest things. at my height, i can get as much candy as i want -- >> what do you like to do in the fall? >> trick-or-treat. i trick-or-treat every day. >> i misspoke. watch carolina panthers play football. >> you did. you like this -- i love to watch football and eat wings for sure.
2:53 pm
>> you think they're going to get back to 500 this week? >> you're such a hater. >> i love to look at the foliage. i hate it when people say that, the change of the leaves. shut up! don't bring that mess around here, evan! whoo! don't do it. don't you dare. i don't think so! [ sighs ] it's okay, big fella. we're gonna get through this together. [ baseball bat cracks ] nice rip, robbie. ♪
2:54 pm
raaah! when you bundle home and auto insurance through progressive, you get more than just a big discount. i'm gonna need you to leave. you get relentless protection. [ baseball bat cracks ] you get relentless protection. ...one of many pieces in my i havlife.hma... so when my asthma symptoms kept coming back on my long-term control medicine. i talked to my doctor and found a missing piece in my asthma treatment with breo. once-daily breo prevents asthma symptoms. breo is for adults with asthma not well controlled on a long-term asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. breo won't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden breathing problems. breo opens up airways to help improve breathing for a full 24 hours. breo contains a type of medicine that increases the risk of death from asthma problems and may increase the risk of hospitalization in children and adolescents. breo is not for people whose asthma is well controlled on a long-term asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. once your asthma is well controlled, your doctor will decide if you can stop breo and prescribe a different asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. do not take breo more than prescribed.
2:55 pm
see your doctor if your asthma does not improve or gets worse. ask your doctor if 24-hour breo could be a missing piece for you. see if you're eligible for 12 months free at mybreo.com. like how hard it's a-gonna fall. rain. the things it does to your parade. we've got a saying about rain too: when it rains...it roars. the all-wheel-drive lineup from dodge. domestic. not domesticated. now get 20 percent off msrp cash allowance for an average of $6,400 in savings on select 2016 journey crossroad models in dealer stock.
2:56 pm
what comes to mind when you think about healthcare? understanding your options? or, if you're getting the care you need? at aarpadvantages.com, you can find helpful information about healthcare options. leaving you more time to think about more important things. like not having to think about healthcare at all. surround yourself with healthy advantages at aarpadvantages.com/health. time now for "one more things." it's kimberly's royal news.
2:57 pm
oh, the crown. all right. hats off and crowns off to prince william today for coming to the aid of a veteran soldier who fell over during a royal visit. jonathan douglas hughes, the vice lord lieutenant of essex and queen's representative in the county, was standing behind prince william, as you see, and his wife, the duchess of cambridge, when he tripped and fell to the ground. the 70-year-old dignitary quickly got to i had feet with the help of william and other officials. he is just always a class act. they later visited students at the academy, a secondary school in harlem. he was appreciative. don't forget to watch our teammates' new show, sunday at 5:00 p.m. eastern, dana perino -- i'll tell you what, watch it. okay. tomorrow i hate to, the greg gutfeld show has tire us, wrestler, and we have lou dobbs who will be reading the infamous
2:58 pm
e-mail that woman sfrent her dorm demanding bunk beds from or fellow sleepmates. >> i want the desk that's near the window, plain and simple. i don't care about who gets the bottom bunk. but just know that what i stated above is what i'm expecting once i arrive at the dorm, and i won't be in the mood for any arguing or other nonsense because one of you two decided to deliberately disregard this e-mail. >> i mean, the relationship you have -- >> that's beautiful. >> charming. >> not nearly as funny, but serious -- last couple of years i've gotten away from writing -- used to write. i went back to that tomorrow. tomorrow, completely written, take a look at this. it's -- a work from my heart. watch. the economy has squeezed the american middle class for ten years under both presidents, bush and obama. we've seen urban plight our major cities have experienced.
2:59 pm
in detroit, abandoned homes number in the tens of thousands. in baltimore where poverty is still soaring at 23%, unemployment among young african-americans is a staggering 26%, five times the national rate. dvr, 11:30 tomorrow. for more, president george. with busch -- pets are becoming the replacement children for millennials. the age group now -- which i can believe. i can barely commit to owning a dog even though i want one badly. looks like millennials are deciding that kids, way too much. we'll start with pets. and they could be our children for now.
3:00 pm
>> that's very nice. >> yes. >> like comfort dog. >> training. sets your tv so you never miss an episode of "the five." everybody, have a great weekend. "special report" is next. he says he didn't start it, but he did finish it. donald trump and hillary clinton blame each other for the controversy over where president obama was born. this is "special report." good evening, welcome to washington. i'm shannon bream. on the crane, donald trump and hillary clinton pointing fingers at each other over the so-called birther movement which questions whether president obama was born in the u.s. it was a big deal eight years ago, and it is again tonight. chief political correspondent carl cameron is at trump's new hotel in washington where

169 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on