Skip to main content

tv   Right This Minute  ABC  February 21, 2016 2:35am-3:05am MST

2:35 am
one of the guys is in there. and look out for the truck of adam. adam gives it some gas. they right their race car. >> if you want just racing you're also racing the race itself. so the fact that it's no longer a fact, he's like i got your back. >> it couldn't end there but thanks to adam their race did continue. however the team lead by dewayne and the guy in the buggy there they did not wind up there. they eventually wound uptaking their car but adam here climbed all the way up to 7th place. however he also did not finish the 115 miles in this section because of mechanical issues of his own. but because of this small bit of video that was put up on gook it went viral. people just loved this
2:36 am
hundreds of comments. it's made up of many active duty and veteran marine, also navy and army. the team made a small tribute to a company. >> that's also why it explains he had a team to help. and even though he didn't win the race he still wins that because this is awesome. >> sports mission. >> there's shana with her little girl and her little girl asked her momma why are you crying? we're just meeting a friend of yours but that sign, there's somebody much more important than just a friend. >> oh, that's so sweet. what's going on here? where has he been? >> overseas. daddy has come home. this is a military homecoming. they never get dull.
2:37 am
little girl didn't know that daddy was coming home. it was a surprise for her. >> she is never letting go of his neck. >> the next one, also precious, this one is waiting for the baby to come. mom is expecting baby number four. this is big sister waiting for little sister. mom is 29 weeks and one day. >> big sister loves when her stomach moves. when the baby kicks. >> can anybody hear me? can you wake up? >> aw. >> they can't hear him. they will respond. they'll swim. >> they say you should let him listen to motzart or big sister. >> oh. >> she is not even born yet. there's already sibling rivalry between these two. super cute.
2:38 am
us safe but there's somethings they can't even protect us from because they don't see it coming. >> it pulled over to check on the person in this parked car when this happened. >> oh my goodness. how did that happen? >> that was like a crash test. >> you can see the officer astonished because, wait, what? >> the red driver i think was jerked away without even looking at what was going on straight into the head on. >> you see one person head over and pick a person up and carrie them to the side of the road. you see the person in the red car struggle out. just a miracle that they're alive. moving on, oh, no. >> i see lots of exposed skin and all i can think of is road rash. >> no road rash. just more like road rudeness. see these fellas. they're going to ride up ahead
2:39 am
when they spot the police, pop a wheelie and they think that they're cool. they're going to do a little thumbs up. >> that was really dumb. >> the person riding behind didn't actually anticipate it. >> now they think it was me. >> they don't think it was him. cops pull up next to his guy and headlines and sirens. we're told they got away. >> coming soon. >> this summer in our world, one man, one woman, will get no sleep. >> see why the force is strong in this family. >> oh. >> and a nervous nelly trying to park a ferrari. has a guy there working with him. see why backing in. not for him. >> wow! wow. that was more than i expected. meet the piadina the newest addition to olive garden's lunch duos menu paired with your choice of unlimited soup or salad starting at just $6.99 think of it as a quesadilla that speaks fluent italian
2:40 am
a heart attack doesn't care if you run everyday, or if you're young or old. no matter who you are a heart attack can happen without warning. if you've had a heart attack, a bayer aspirin regimen can help prevent another one. be sure to talk to your doctor before you begin an aspirin regimen.
2:41 am
2:42 am
when your skin is feeling dry and crinkly, time for gold bond healing loti >> closed captioning provided by. h 7 moisturizers and 3 vitamins. leaves skin nourished, healed,
2:43 am
gold bond. >> they have decided to ask once again. but this time they might be a bit confused. >> what's inside is giant rubber bands. >> rubber bands? >> you know what i'd go with that one too. but that's not what the venue is about. these guys decide to have some fun watching what happens and i have to be honest it's very, very satisfying. >> they have some seriously big balls on their tables. >> this one here weighs 14 pounds. probably took a year and a half to make and they have another one here ft they're a fan of this and spent six months building because the last time they tried to do this the camera wasn't on. >> oh. >> so what they do is they just get to the giant river band ball
2:44 am
started cutting into it and as the energy starts to release it opens up and suddenly -- >> it's like active spaghetti. >> i guess it's going to bounce like that. >> all of that time went into it. >> i honestly thought this was a really dull idea but it's super cool. >> right. >> and it's already over a million views you saw how compact they were. just look at how many rubber bands there were when they all separated crazy. >> so it turns out it's actually quite interesting. >> who wouldn't love to have a day like this. give me the keys to the ferrari. this one has a couple of nice custom parts. thankfully it's going to light
2:45 am
>> what are you going to do with all the power? you don't want to see people misuse this power and speed on public roads but that's exactly what this guy does. oh, put the hammer down my friend. >> isn't that beautiful? that's what scenery looks like when it's smeared. >> it's so fun to see this. modified in an environment where it can run free and sound great. all right. that's a ferrari in the hands of a driver that knows what he is doing. >> the guy is behind the wheel of a red ferrari. he has a guy there working with him. he's going to help this guy maneuver what i assume to be a grand new ferrari. this has been going on for awhile. why would this person get the
2:46 am
>> you see this guy being gentle with the car when i saw this guy doing a good job. there's a reason why this video is going viral. easy. >> wow, that was more than i expected. i that maybe a tap. not a tap and crash and crumble. >> i just imagine this guy trying to park it over there. i'll try. >> coming soon to a grib near you. >> this video approved for all audiences by an emotional mom and dad. >> a star destroyer is hovering as momma walks the two babies down the path. >> my father has it.
2:47 am
kilo ren from star wars the force awakens. >> i have it. my sister has it. the force. two children. oh, wait, there's more. >> you have that power too. >> this summer, in our world. sleep. star wars, the babies awaken. >> created magic. >> exactly. >> here's the story behind this. william ridder said his wife said let's do something simple. he saw the trailer for star wars the force awakens and this is what they came up with to baby. that. a week to edit because they got help from fat head media. it's good and cute and i like the fact that they're using the
2:48 am
>> rock climbing taking it to another level. see what the thrusting is all about. and 25. an intriguing collection. >> through the course of his collection he had over 800 chairs. currently he has about 200 of them. find out which plastic chair started it all. >> wow. i'm all about this. hi dad. uh huh. yeah...sorry about that. think about it there must be higher love down in the heart what do you think? and in the stars above hi ted, glad you could join us, we think you' re going to like these numbers. bring me a higher love i could rise above music throughout unlike ordinary diapers, pampers has 3 absorbent layers to stay up to 3 times dryer so your baby can sleepr
2:49 am
pampers hi, i'm henry winkler and i'm here to tell homeowners that are sixty-two and older about a great way to live a better retirement... it's called a reverse mortgage. call right now to receive your free dvd and booklet with no obligation. it answers questions like... how a reverse mortgage works, how much you qualify for, the ways to receive your money... and more. plus, when you call now, you'll get this magnifier with led light absolutely free! when you call the experts at one reverse mortgage today, you'll learn the benefits of a government-insured reverse mortgage. it will eliminate your monthly mortgage payments and give you tax-free cash from the equity in your home and here's the best part... you still own your home. take control
2:50 am
if you're going to say "better ingredients. better pizza." you better deliver. which is why i'm introducing our new papa's quality guarantee: love your pizza, or get another one, absolutely free. pget any large pizza up to 5-toppings pfor just $9.99. online only. at papajohns.com winter nasal congestion. is it a cold? sinuses? allergies? for all of them... >> promotional consideration provided by. a maximum strength decongestant r for 24 hour relief. t try allegra-d . giving people options based on their budget is pretty edgy... kind of like this look. i'm calling it the "name your price tool" phase. whatever. >> now you can watch videos while you wait. it is the cure for boreden.
2:51 am
all collectible items. things that people enjoy. trying to build the collection up. what about plastic garden chairs. >> hello. they were going to go through the top 25 of my most favorite plastic chairs. >> this is brian ropar's top 25 favorite plastic chairs. >> 25. this chair made by rubbermaid. 23. this 1986 chair. >> he knows what brand manufacture, date and the name of the chair. even some of the styling cues that go into it. >> 13. the decorative chair has compass on the back. >> but the number one chair. >> the one that started it all. >> the best plastic chair ever made. the chair that spawned the entire industry. >> wow. >> it's a little funny.
2:52 am
i was intrigued by this video. i dug a little bit deeper and found an interview. >> i look at it like a 57 chevy. >> through the course of his chairs. he had about 200 of them and this may give you a much broader understanding of brian's obsession. >> actually i don't know if funny is the word to stay about autism but autism just does that to you. it will make you obsessed over strange things like plastic chairs. >> oh. see. it makes sense. he's found something to keep him focused and he found something that he's passionate about. i'm all about this. >> autistic people see the world in a completely different way and sometimes they see the magic in the completely inane. >> if you're curious about the furniture in your backyard check out the plastic chair world you tube channel.
2:53 am
different style chairs. you may find one that looks familiar to you. >> it's the largest product of the entire 1980s decade when it comes to touching the most. >> we can't black line. i have this video of people that do it really, really well. as these guys in hawaii step out on to this black line and make it look super easy and beautiful. >> i don't know that i have any real desire to do this but i wish i could anyway. >> you don't want to spend the time alone. it would be cool. it as well. gives us an idea of what they have to do to get it set up. >> they show you everything that it takes. the little details that makes it possible but not just that i do love that they show us some fails because often times we see only the successful walks across the line. in this one we see some of the line. >> it's still super cool. it took them a long time to actually make this happen but
2:54 am
were able to capture this super cool video. now from flat lining to rock climbing, this guy has some moves. >> come on. >> twerk climbing? what's going on here? >> trying to shake some rocks loose or something. >> no, he is trying to pull the gear out of the wall. >> that's exactly what it's designed to do. >> that's why you have this. you put it and it doesn't come out. >> you say well, it's working. >> doing it's job. >> it's really funny. everyone else thinks so too. stuck up there because they keep on laughing. messing with someone's car is never a good idea.
2:55 am
2:56 am
2:57 am
oreo crumbles over ice cream. >> you can have oreo cookie ice cream with this. >> he is just smashing through the prank videos. >> what's up guys. just kidding. i'm going to smash my own break away window. >> first victim. [ laughing ] >> what are you laughing at? >> when i catch you. >> you are going to die. >> he explains what just
2:58 am
>> he's a robber. >> it's ahead. >> here's a three car for you. >> those guys immediately run after them. >> so you fool around and get hurt. >> call them dirty. >> now here's two more people coming. [ bleep ]. >> it's fine, it's fine. >> what are you doing? >> it's fake. it's not a real hammer. >> he's targeting people that he thinks he'll get a bigger reaction out of but the thing is
2:59 am
prone to react that way. >> have a good day.
3:00 am
we are on top of several big stories. a big shakeup in the race for the whiteehouse. the field of republican candidates thins out as jeb bush and his companion -- contain -- campaign. when can traffic returned to normal? another day of warm and windy weather fuels our wild fire risk. we are going to have snow
3:01 am
mom. we had moisture in the northeastern part of the state. unfortunately, that was not enough to help out what is going on around pueblo. there was a wild fire throughout the day today. youucan still see it burniig off in the distance. we are keeping a close eye on it. wins -- winds have been dying down now. 15 to 20 mile an hour gusts tonight. things should improve as we go into tomorrow. 33 degrees, 9 miles an hour for 60s today. it will be cooler tomorrow and the metro area. more coming up. firefighters had to call in more backup for this large fire burning in fort carson. this is on the training range it has burned about 1200 acres tonight.
3:02 am
and will continue tomorrow morning. fortunately, this fire is not threatening any of things. we have seen a half-dozen grass fires in our state over the last few days. at least one got too close for comfort. what is the fire out foot -- outlook going forward? they say the next two months are crucial. colorado has been wet. right now the fire danger is moderate. % why are there so many fires in such a short amount of time? the fire operationssin boulder says this is normal. >> we have high grass which is normal for this time of year. we have had windy days which is also normal at his time of year. >> also the gr susceptible to catching fire. is this trend going to
3:03 am
>> in march and april we probably aren't as concerned, if it snows during those months. typically, el nio, the chances are quite a bit lower. we tend to be wetter and cooler in the spring.>> reporter: he and the rest of the national trends. >> we really have to have a dry march in order to really have a significant increase in fire danger that would produce thee type of fires that can have a potential to grow over a period of a couple days. >> reporter: a lot of these fires are started by carelessness which is why the sheriff's office asked -- asks people to be mindful of where they throw their cigarettes.
3:04 am
this dangerous parolee is finally over. dennis simonton is the -- a member of the white supremacist 211 crew. he was arrested in denver yesterday. bucs two people were involved in a crash involving 4 -- two people were involved in 3 a crash involving 4 people. the two people hurt in the crash are expected to survive. traffic is the right now by police hope to have it back up to normal soon. cdot hopes to have glenwood canyon open tomorrow. list for alternate routes you can take rick the weight -- the race for the white house, jeb bush has another poor performance in he became emotional during his
3:05 am
>> tonight i am suspending my campaign. >> no! >> yes, -- [ crying ] >> [ cheering and applause ] >> in the meantime the front runners lived up to their names of the ballot box. hillary clinton won the nevada caucus. sanders is also behind in south carolina. marco rubio in ted cruz had to fight it out for runner-up in south carolina. donald trump won. former president clinton will attend a fundraiser in colorado springs. you can learn more about politics on our show tomorrow

14 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on