Skip to main content
Internet Archive's 25th Anniversary Logo

tv   Right This Minute  ABC  November 28, 2016 12:30pm-1:00pm EST

12:30 pm
it's an all new show today. "right thisboarder are psyched n they take on this mountain and what happens when the mountain >> hang on. >> talk about bad criminals. he is the armed intruder who could not hit this man. >> why the internet is mocking the worst aim ever. >> he missed every single shot! >> time to belly up to the counter for a new dining trend. >> people have been seeing this on social media and sharing. saying i want to go. >> see where your food order can float on out. and some sisters who -- the
12:31 pm
news. >> i'm going to -- with another person! >> you may not think that georgia is the place to go skiing or that there could be --? but you are wrong. this is georgia. the country of the state. >> it has to be the country. >> take a look around! >> this is georgia, the country, bordering turkey and snowboarders are about to go down here and told this area is not known for avalanches. mean, dude, bring it on. >> they haven't had one for years. >> snowborder just gets off when the whole mountain moves. >> hang on, buddy. hang on. scoot over! the whole mountain breaks away and slide off to meet him and he
12:32 pm
>> hang on a second. look how lucky he is. they did because look what just left there. >> jagged rocks. >> everywhere. >> over to british columbia, canada. in this area is designated for snowmobilers. this person kinkering around and not doing anything extreme or extraordinary. having fun playing around. there are other people out in this vast wide open space to play. >> wait a minute, nick. you just said vast space. there are other people? what could possibly happen here? >> the one spot where this rider decided to goose the throttle just a little bit come around that tree and here comes somebody else. it's just slow motion disaster. >> good news here. a couple of hundred bucks in plastic work and back and ready to ride. no big deal. nobody injured either.
12:33 pm
calling this hit man. this gunman walking up to building man behind the counter and shoots at him at point blank range and reaches over the counter and still shooting at the man. the man hops under the desk. >> he missed every single shot! >> every single shot. this is down in brazil. when it was posted to social media, people were not only shocked and how it happened, but the fact that the gunman could not hit this man. >> wow. >> incredible. >> that is -- i mean, the guy was staring right down the ba >> it is crazy. it was not his day to go. >> you saw the man scurry away to safety. he is just fine. the person in this next video also did a pretty bad job at getting away because once police were on to him after allegedly trying to steal that car he drove it off into the dam. >> not a boat he stole, brother. >> not the spy that loves me and not a submarine. >> his hands out the window. he is trying to let them know he
12:34 pm
to drown, dude. they are able to grab the man through the back of the car. >> look that. he properly sunk. they saved his life. >> they most definitely did. you got to imagine the water is really cold so they did take him to the hospital uninjured and he is now arrested. looking at this. his friends in brazil had quite the experience on this beach. there is a poor dolphin has basically come aground the sea. they were worried because it was wiggling around but they said once they got it into the water, it was very, very gentle with them. >> i think about it every time. no one still able to figure out why animals -- what is it that is throwing off their senses? >> this dolphin just happened to run aground. they don't know why but the good news people were there to help it out. now in new zealand a completely different under the sea
12:35 pm
bubbles. not a hot spring. not caused by scuba diver. no whales in the area releasing some oxygen. listen to the guys describing it who caught the video. this is a phenomenon that occurred, according to scientists, after a recent 7.8 earthquake. >> i was going to say that. they were talking about how this sea bed raised by a number of feet. we saw the cracks in the and things like that. so, yeah, the earth is cracked open and must be some trapped gas. >> this is called out gassing and basically there are fractures in the rock layer and they said even though there is devastation in that area this is kind of a bit of good news because it's very beautiful and they hope to maintain this as long as it lasts. it's nothing they are worried about but scientists are going in to investigate. >> you'd be surprised how often
12:36 pm
is -- because they do so much original cool stuff. look. we have been conveyor belt sushi comes around and japan is like this. so 1980. new way of doing it. >> no fun! >> yeah. 90 miles from tokyo. instead of a conveyor belt, they have essentially a lazy river. >> cool, right? of times in japan you go to a self-service or kiosk and print out a ticket, right? in this case you place that ticket on one of the little barges that floats by and it will float into the kitchen and it will float out with your food. >> mostly, it's noodles and dessert. stuff like that. but it's just cool. people have been seeing this on social media and sharing it. saying i want to go. >> i'm going to invest in one of these here in the states, except my little trays are going to be
12:37 pm
>> it's not necessary. it's completely frivolous, right? >> you don't need it. >> right. you see it's not totally round. this is quite interesting actually. a bit of a play on the summer custom they have where you actually catch noodles essentially from water-filled bamboo. it's called this. there is more. go further back into japanese history, right? imperial courts use to write po bowls of socky. they decided to put it into a restaurant. >> he has a surprise for his queen. >> he has him by the hand and leading her down the path. >> she is doing good. a lot of times we like to see. >> why he takes the husband of the year award. plus he is committed to land. >> he is going into that cave? >> sure is.
12:38 pm
12:39 pm
12:40 pm
base jumping is always impressive, no matter where you do it or how you do it. we are going over to spain where
12:41 pm
canopy and make one of the more impressive landings we have seen in a long time. >> today. uno. >> off he goes. instantly inflates his canopy. now he is going to enjoy a relatively calm flight down. >> where he is landing? >> he is landing right back into the arms of mother nature. >> he is going into that cave? >> oh, come on. >> sure is. look at how increasingly narrow his landing zone and nails it. he nail that. >> cave jumping. just invented a new sport. >> it looks like he is using a canopy that gives him lots and lots of -- look. see how slowly he not scrape the cave walls as he enters and nice dirt patch there where he hits perfect.
12:42 pm
quite literally but also understanding of how the wind is blowing and the physics of the canopy there. a lot could have went into this. >> a lot had to go wrong. >> he had to have a lot of control. he couldn't go through that fast. >> what would you call this? >> i don't know. it's something. >> i get it. >> he's a cool dude. it's her birthday so he dropped her off at the spa and now he is there to pick her up. >> i want to show you something but you can't look. >> wait. what? i want to show you something but you can't look. >> dah! it's a surprise! >> close your eyes. >> but i can't look, right? >> i have one on the curb but you can't look. that's why i have it sitting
12:43 pm
>> doing good, too. a lot of times we like to peek. she has her eyes closed. all right, ready? >> the count of three, you can look, okay? >> one. stop. one? 2. three. >> a new car! >> here is your new car. >> you did it! >> yo! >> it is a new car. look at her face. she opens her eyes and she instantly puts her her mouth and she is shocked! >> look at my face! i didn't even get a new car. >> i did. you're my baby. >> what did he get? >> do we get to see? >> you do. he reaches in and gives her a big old hug. then he hands the keys to her brand-new car. she is an interior designer and artist and now she can carry all
12:44 pm
>> so thoughtful. she has been listening. >> he covered all of his bases. i think this is a great birthday gift. >> you like it? yeah? >> is this it? >> eric the electric just spent a week in new york city. as you can see this dude had lots of good stuff to eat. look at that new york pizza. look at this canoli he is wrapping his lips around but this is a food challenge video and eric is no it's his friend. they went to mark burgers in new york because molly wanted to do the slider challenge. what does it consist of? >> you eat more than 29 sliders to get them for free. >> 29? >> 29 was the record. >> challenge accepted. >> i'm not going anywhere near that. i know you. >> each one is two ounces so you
12:45 pm
is 60 ounces of meat! >> they are not sliders. burgers. >> right here. molly gets started. >> he makes quick work of the first ten. >> a minute in -- >> where is she putting all of this food >> you have to eat it fast before your body realizes? wait a minute! >> think, oh, no. we have been duped. then she makes quick work of 20 more and says, i've already set the record. let's go for 40! >> kind of just folds in and out on hearst. >> after she finishes the 40 she is like, hey. >> i'm going to come back and do it again. >> is there a dog under the table? >> she broke the record.
12:46 pm
>> molly schuyler. >> she is going to be world famous eater. >> right. >> a support group for -- see if this snap chat therapy is for you. you want to be in this group? and technology continues to develop. what if you could get light delivered when you meet it? >> delivered? >> yes.
12:47 pm
12:48 pm
12:49 pm
like snap chat. >> oh, yeah. >> the first step. >> congratulations. >> i'm glad that this snap chat support group exists. >> you may have noticed we have a new special someone joining us tonight. i want you to give a very warm welcome to liam. how are you doing there? >> good to see you. >> come on, guys, come on. support liam. come on. all right. if it is noticed the support group is for people the loss of their nose. >> although we may not have our noses -- our chance of smell and now we have stories to tell. >> now each one of them is going to share their stories of how they lost their noses. >> when i was in my early 20s, me and my buddies drank and we drank a lot of beer. it came out of my nose with such a force it busted clean off my face. i haven't had a nose since.
12:50 pm
>> you've enjoyed not having a nose? >> it's wonderful. you know why? because i no longer have to smell the -- >> exactly. >> big time cat lady. >> we also got to learn liam's story, of course. he used to be a former rock star. >> i was a lead singer of a punk pop band. two weeks ago, i went for a stage dive and i misjudged the crowd and i landed flat on my nose. when i got up, it was gone! >> dang. >> it's so sad. >> we are supporting! >> did you guys -- you guys are the worst support group ever. >> i got you. >> thank you. thank you. now, obviously, music we know heals the soul. so they decided to ask him to sing a song. he just recently had thanksgiving. this would seem appropriate. >> i feel at home again. ? as i smell the turkey cooking smell the turkey cooking ? >> come on!
12:51 pm
>> this is a sketch put together by tom mcgovern using a filtered one of the many filters that sn snapchat has to offer. i support you. i support you, tom. >> that was good. that was it, right there. >> really, really good. >> what palette? >> life is a source of safety and security. but if you live in a rural area without a lot of street light, it can be a little dodgy when with you're maybe walking h what you could get light delivered when you need it. >> delivered? >> yeah. think of ububer except for >> do you want to hear this? she walks home in the evenings and gets nervous when she is walking through the dark streets in her neighborhood in england. this application allows her to call a drone and have it light her way as she walks home.
12:52 pm
is this the thing? >> this is a thing in development. it's called sleep lights. the reason we researched different ways drones could be used with light. in another case, what if search and rescue team is out at night instead of bringing in large utility trucks to light their search area, what if they could just have a fleet of drones? another new use and vision for the future of drone technology. we will see if this ever becomes something widely sitings. >> no doubt. mommy has an announcement for her girls. >> i'll tell you what it is in my bell. ready? >> see their hilarious reactions next.
12:53 pm
doctor: oh yeah... right there. oh! you got a nickel back there! heh heh! when we say a health care company should treat you like family, we mean more like this. operator: it's gonna be ok, and i'll be right here if you need me. member: really? operator: really. you deserve compassion. you deserve molina healthcare, your extended family. learn more about our marketplace plan
12:54 pm
12:55 pm
>> and 20 bucks for the chair. she is out $40.
12:56 pm
? these siblings are about to learn an important lesson. in life sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose? i'm going to tell you girls what it is in my belly. are you ready? >> mom is pregnant and about to on tell them what she is >> it's a girl. >> i wanted a boy! >> the baby is happy. wow! amazing. two oldest siblings are acting like -- right now. >> yes, they are because they wanted a boy. they wanted a little brother. the other sister is like, oh, well i win. it's good. >> you can keep it all.
12:57 pm
>> i have to share my shoes with another person! >> i'm happy! >> she is a really good one basking in all of her glory. i don't think they have to worry. i think mom and dad will stop after this. can you imagine when all of them start to flip out? >> my thoughts and prayers are with dad! >> daddy! >> this guy is revving up his dirt bike and let it's a girl! >> awesome. >> especially because of the colors on the bike itself. i guess dad does too. super exciting. overcome with emotion. >> that young girl is going to
12:58 pm
>> thanks for watching, everybody.
12:59 pm
1:00 pm
? >> announcer: >> announcer: today, put away that turkey and take out the tinsel because we're saying good-bye thanksgiving and hello holidays. turkey leftovers and turning them into a mouthwatering new meal. i'm showing you how to put together the perfect gift in a jif. and we're playing a heart-pounding round of "food pyramid." we're kicking off the holidays in style, right now on "the chew." ? [ cheers and applause ] good after good afternoon, and welcome

49 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on